Wiki Posts
Search

TC Body Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default TC Body Discussion

I figure I would give us a place to discuss bodies and how they affect the handling charecteristics of our cars.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Has anyone run the ride accord on carpet with good results?
Old 09-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

unless something truly kiks @$$, i will stick to the mazda 6, on carpet possibly the new g6
Old 09-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

One of our local Corally drivers loved the Ride Accord for Rubber Tire Carpet. Can't go wrong with the Mazda 6 there but the G6 is probably lacking downforce for rubber tire, it was designed with foams in mind.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

I saw pics of Easton running the Ride Accord at Vegas with rubber tires.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What's a popular body for rubber asphault? I'm running an HPI Stratus 2, and it's pretty beat up. I'm looking for another body now.
-Josh
Old 09-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You cant go wrong with the Mazda 6.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

The most common bodies at vegas were,

Rubber, Mazda 6
Foam, Parma Alfa

This is what I run and they both seem to work good for me, but I am a rookie so I tend to look at the pros and run what they do, to start with anyways.

Good luck.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

I usually run a mazda 6 on carpet. I love the agressiveness this body has. Once we get some rubber laid down, I'll try the G6 I have coming.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

I've seen many people state that there is no difference between bodies, well after last weekend testing, I can tell you this. I had a trimed but unpainted mazda 6 come with the JRXS I bought. I painted it up and ran it. I wanted to try something different so I borrowed my buddies 3.0, it had more rear grip but was lacking in the steering. I then tried his mazda 6 just for $hits and giggles. To my surprize, it was comlpetely different than my 6. It was stuck to the track, rear grip like the 3.0 but with tons of steering. After further investigation, I found the bodies to be mounted a little different. I also had a much smaller wing than his. So i bought and mounted up a new 6 and what a difference between the one I was running before and the new one. I will in the future be paying closer attention to how I mount my body.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I haven't tried the Ride Accord I have yet but that's only because I'm hooked on the Mazda 6. The 6 is a recent switch though. The Stratus E has been my main 'steady' on the large flowing track I raced on alot this summer. The E is planted all around the track, not twitchy in the least and smooth. The Rayspeed Accord is a close second up against the Mazda just lacks a tad bit of rear end 'plant' but wing adjustment could be a possible fix. Now my home track is a tight indoor asphalt one but it flows nice. I've been using the 3.0 on it since they came out and thought I wouldn't use anything else. The body is a tad shorter than the Mazda 6 and isn't short on rear traction. I love it. But the aggressiveness of the Mazda's handling teamed with my spool- now this is driving!!! I just gotta do more this winter.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
I've seen many people state that there is no difference between bodies, well after last weekend testing, I can tell you this. I had a trimed but unpainted mazda 6 come with the JRXS I bought. I painted it up and ran it. I wanted to try something different so I borrowed my buddies 3.0, it had more rear grip but was lacking in the steering. I then tried his mazda 6 just for $hits and giggles. To my surprize, it was comlpetely different than my 6. It was stuck to the track, rear grip like the 3.0 but with tons of steering. After further investigation, I found the bodies to be mounted a little different. I also had a much smaller wing than his. So i bought and mounted up a new 6 and what a difference between the one I was running before and the new one. I will in the future be paying closer attention to how I mount my body.
so what was different about the way the body was mounted?
Old 09-29-2005, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

The rear deck lid was even with the wing mount on the other and the wing was only about half the height and moved up closer to the front. the body was also mounted further forward. I was also running the front mount one hole higher.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

When mounting your body, how do you align your body? I usually aline the front wheels up to start.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
I then tried his mazda 6 just for $hits and giggles. To my surprize, it was comlpetely different than my 6. It was stuck to the track, rear grip like the 3.0 but with tons of steering.
Which mazda 6 body was your friend using?

The local track allows only ROAR approved bodys. Anyone know where I can get a current and UP TO DATE/MODERN list of ROAR approved bodies??? I tried the ROAR website and their list of approved TC bodies includes lots of discontinued bodies. It doesnt leave many good options, I want the car to handle good but I also dont want to waste my time painting something as ugly as a stratus. Give me a ride accord, a protoform alpha or a mazda 6 any day as far as the looks go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.