R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #76
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
The only downfall I can see with the A main theory is the lack for full factory support. A factory race team is not going to send him the new stuff to run if he is not under contract with them I do not believe. Especially if he decided to run for A main alone and had a yokomo, an xray, etc in his arsenal. It would pretty much eliminate his factory support on new stuff I would think. I know it is Hara after all so that may not hold true for him!

But I know if I was the owner of a company im not sending anyone anything I have that I think is "The" next car for my company or ground breaking if they are not under contract to run my car exclusively. Thats just my opinion though.

EA
I am not sure that full factory is what it used to be. Hara has the requisite race IQ to come up with a solution, partners and vendors.

While there are benefits to a formal factory program in some cases it might also hold someone back if innovation is slow or not a focus on investment.

Hara has seemingly brought a LOT of value to the companies that he worked for. It would be shame if his next venture wasnt one that he not only could push to the top but also have some equity in.

I remember how small HotBodies used to be - he elevated the brand, product and stature against some well funded titans in the hobby world.

There are few world-class and approachable drivers that are out there. Even less that are absolutely lethal in any discipline they compete in.

I hope he finds a good home, gets an equity piece of what he helps build and knocks down a couple of more World Championship titles.

Consider that looking at the best-of-best-all-time in racing - only a few have managed own part of the business they helped build at the end besides some bowling ball trophies!

Good Luck Hara-san!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #77
Tech Regular

Way he was at hudy arena ;-);-);-)

Mayby talk about new deals?

Only me idee...
Zooberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #78
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I believe something happened in the past few weeks at HPI/HB.
It took almost forever to bring spareparts over to the US.
But on the other hand they are still capable to make fast cars right ou of the box, i.e. new 4x4 buggy and the TCXX.

Anyway there have been other big splits in RC, AE and LRP or Collari ...
The world will go on.
And again I would like to see him at the Xray Team.
silden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #79
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is a big deal for on-road racing in general. Wherever Hara-san goes company wise, it will be a game-changer no doubt because he is so versatile. XRay and Serpent would be 1 and 2 for me, but it could also be a signal for a company like AE that they want to get serious in 8th scale on-road. We all wait patiently for his decision ....
mikeohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

because he flew in just to do the dash for cash race at the TC Euro Champs at the Xray track and didn't drive Andy Moore's car but drove Martin's car (as noted before) I'm guessin' he's going to Xray.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #81
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

All signs point to XRay. And that would be fantastic!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #82
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
because he flew in just to do the dash for cash race at the TC Euro Champs at the Xray track and didn't drive Andy Moore's car but drove Martin's car (as noted before) I'm guessin' he's going to Xray.
The interview on RedRC says he flew in on behalf of RIDE Tires to do some tire research and be the company rep. If that is true I would assume since it was the last race of the series they wanted to ensure that ETS used their tires for next year as well.

But its still strange he didnt want to use Andy's car. Perhaps it is as simple as Andy uses a stick radio and Hara uses a Pistol grip and they didnt want to change receivers out of Andy's car for it.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #83
Tech Lord

Quote:
The interview on RedRC says he flew in on behalf of RIDE Tires to do some tire research and be the company rep. If that is true I would assume since it was the last race of the series they wanted to ensure that ETS used their tires for next year as well.

But its still strange he didnt want to use Andy's car. Perhaps it is as simple as Andy uses a stick radio and Hara uses a Pistol grip and they didnt want to change receivers out of Andy's car for it.

EA
I suspect it was just Martin saying "hey, why don't you take my car out in the dash?" kinda thing. No back room deals or anything involved. Happens all the time. I've seen Volker drive an Awesomatix, Lutz drive a Mugen, etc. and none of them signaled a change in sponsorship. But who knows, it would make a lot of sense for both sides.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #84
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The link on the 2nd LiveRC article to Neobuggy says Hara will be racing a Mugen MBX7 @ the Femca champs... More food for thought.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #85
Tech Rookie

Quote:

EA
He couldn't use Andys car as Andy was in the dash for cash as well plus like you say Andy uses sticks , it did seem to be a last minute idea
r king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #86
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
I suspect it was just Martin saying "hey, why don't you take my car out in the dash?" kinda thing. No back room deals or anything involved. Happens all the time. I've seen Volker drive an Awesomatix, Lutz drive a Mugen, etc. and none of them signaled a change in sponsorship. But who knows, it would make a lot of sense for both sides.
You are right with your point that a lot of the driver's drove different cars, but they never made it at mayor events with repoters in the Que.

For me it would be similar when a F1 racer for Mercedes chooses a BMW insted a Merc to make a apierence in a non F1 race.
silden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #87
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by silden View Post
You are right with your point that a lot of the driver's drove different cars, but they never made it at mayor events with repoters in the Que.

For me it would be similar when a F1 racer for Mercedes chooses a BMW insted a Merc to make a apierence in a non F1 race.
If he had actually raced it in the ETS, yes. The dash for cash isn't a race, it's just a three timed lap dash by yourself to see who is fastest. Hara had no chance having never run on that track or that car before. It was just a fun thing to do.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r king View Post
He couldn't use Andys car as Andy was in the dash for cash as well plus like you say Andy uses sticks , it did seem to be a last minute idea
if it would of been me I would've texted Andy and said, "Hey Andy I'm bored and thought that I would fly in to do the dash for cash race. Could I use your spare car ?"
I guess we'll all know in time ...
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #89
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

If HARA was really planning to race that dash for cash race, I am sure he will bring his own car for just that little race.....HARA can bring anything with him or simply someone will prepare his car for him at that spot. I am sure HARA was racing that race simply because he feel like he want to at that moment and he just need to pick up a car that he wants to and race....I am sure if RADIO SHACK offer a TCXX for him he will use that too...

Hara ran the last 1/8th WC using a MUGEN MRX6. But definitely no deal with Mugen at all, and I think that was a local shop sponsorship deal only. I really hope he can reconsider to race the 1/8th race in 3 months....so far he said NO for the WC.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #90
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to JustWill75

I don't care no one says. Hara should go to TEAM ASSOCIATED and yes you can tell from my signature I'm being very biased.