Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atsushi Hara Leaving HB-HPI

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well, it's been a while since his sudden departure from HPI/Hotbodies. Many people, including me, thought he would have a contract lined up already with a top r/c manufacture. Oddly enough, this hasn't come into fruition. Questions arise as to why he hasn't jumped onto a Yokomo, Tamiya, Mugen, Schumacher, ARC contact? Is he asking for too much money? Or is he even interested in being contacted again?

There are many unanswered questions as to why he hasn't signed. Is this "contract dodging" an indication that he's looking into starting his own company???? Who knows.... As we all know right now Hara has been racing different manufactures cars in two different categories and scales (1/8 offroad and 1/10 sedan). Why? We can simply say, "Oh he's having fun, let the man play." For all we know, Hara could be cataloging each cars handle performance gains and pitfalls. I personally don't think he's indiscriminately buying and racing these chassis for the fun of it. There must be a handling and design "curiosity" with each one he's raced with. Also, there must be reasons as to why he's focusing all of his attention on those two racing classes....

That being said, with all the track time he's had in both 1/8 buggy and 1/10 electric sedan, one can assume he's looking into designing these aforementioned classes. Both 1/8 offroad and 1/10 sedan are (in my opinion) the two largest and highly competitive racing classes found around the world. From a business standpoint (I'm not a business major), what better way to startup your own r/c company with two r/c vehicles that are raced competitively around the world. People (including me) in this hobby generally buy r/c products that win races. With Hara behind the wheel of his own rides and winning races, it's a win win situation for him.

Anyway, let me know what you think about Hara's r/c future.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Did sign with Schumacher?

http://www.rc-area.co.uk/2013/11/21/...chumacher-mi5/
Old 11-28-2013, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Edwards post describes pretty well how I feel about the possibilities with Hara. I think he is researching the market and figuring out what he likes best about each chassis. I guess there might be a company that is able to offer him a paycheck worthy of his skill set, but what if he really wants to have his own company. I think he is doing his homework. He is getting ready for something. Maybe he just likes making everyone wonder what he is going to do.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Check this out, for more confusion

Hara could win any race with any car. what a talented driver

https://www.facebook.com/ruangpaisan...6047479&type=3
Attached Thumbnails Atsushi Hara Leaving HB-HPI-1465823_670663046297557_1205068226_o.jpg   Atsushi Hara Leaving HB-HPI-hara-arc.jpg  
Old 11-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Well, it's been a while since his sudden departure from HPI/Hotbodies. Many people, including me, thought he would have a contract lined up already with a top r/c manufacture. Oddly enough, this hasn't come into fruition. Questions arise as to why he hasn't jumped onto a Yokomo, Tamiya, Mugen, Schumacher, ARC contact? Is he asking for too much money? Or is he even interested in being contacted again?

There are many unanswered questions as to why he hasn't signed. Is this "contract dodging" an indication that he's looking into starting his own company???? .....

Anyway, let me know what you think about Hara's r/c future.
I've actually been wondering and thinking about this. He is getting photographed practically driving a lot of brands right now (except Tamiya which he hasn't been photographed with). What I am actually leaning towards is that he's showing everyone that "Hey, I can win with any of these cars" - which could make a case for "show me the money".

As far as "benchmarking" each car, he could actually do that "quietly" and not have to let everyone know that he's testing out each car to learn from each car's benefits. But instead, he's doing it at very public and high visibility races. So this would lead me to believe that he's shopping for a higher contract. I can't blame him... He's a free agent and can win with any car.

Originally Posted by Airflow
Well... at least the car is also purple!
Old 11-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

He is living a dream right now. He is building and driving every car out there because he can. I would bet he is taking a break from being chassis sponsored and showing the world he can drive and win with anything. .. hats off to him. I don't think he is buttering up his resume. He is making a living racing toy cars and don't think he is looking to go NFL paycheck status... just living a dream.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Would be awesome if he use mid level kits like SpecR, TA06, TB04 or even a TC4 and actually win against highend kits.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Here is what I think.....

Amain is his new major sponsor. They are paying him to r&d for their new ProTek line of cars that will be coming soon.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:40 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=theclutch;12767163]I've actually been wondering and thinking about this. He is getting photographed practically driving a lot of brands right now (except Tamiya which he hasn't been photographed with). What I am actually leaning towards is that he's showing everyone that "Hey, I can win with any of these cars" - which could make a case for "show me the money".

Hara & trf417x.
Attached Thumbnails Atsushi Hara Leaving HB-HPI-hara-trf417.jpg  
Old 11-29-2013, 03:00 AM
Tech Regular

Ergh wish people would just stop stalking his facebook.

Look its really quite simple and edward above has got it.

Hara is no longer tied to a rubbish tcxx, so he wants to try chassis he has missed out on..simple, he is already driving for amain n other companies, all he is doing at the moment is enjoying himself, doing some R&D And most likely create his own chassis under his name with amain or a new company all together.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
Luck is not just "preparation meeting opportunity"... Luck is the opportunity itself.

Obviously one needs to be prepared to take full advantage of a situation that could yield positive results, should it arise. But whether or not that situation or set of circumstances arises... that is what luck is all about.
Chapters 6 and 25 of the Prince.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Here is what I think.....

Amain is his new major sponsor. They are paying him to r&d for their new ProTek line of cars that will be coming soon.
That would make sense. They are marketing their own tools and servos. Not sure who actually makes their stuff.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

hes onto round 2 of testing

Old 12-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

:blush :: D

Last edited by chasingthepack; 12-10-2013 at 03:09 PM. Reason: dp
Old 01-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Looks like Xray has been doing all their signings already and Hara isn't one of them. So, anyone have any latest rumors?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.