R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-21-2013, 01:39 AM   #166
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geberit View Post
I heard some rumors SP is also not in best financial shape ...what actually surprised me.
I'm not suprised by financial difficulties encoutered by SP, after the "flop" of their Reventon Pro, and releasing the Pro 1.1 less than one year after will not help...it's already in the mind of everyone that SP speedo is by far less good than the excellent GT2.0 Pro...

BTW, RC industry is week for a long time now...here is a survey made by HMA, pretty interessant:

http://www.pmsa.us.com/HMA/Size_Of_I...lease_2013.pdf

Cheers,
G-rem
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #167
Tech Fanatic

curious what his salary is?
Futaba 4PX
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:08 AM   #168
Tech Regular

So really he quit HPI to basically not be greedy, thats what i sense.

fair play to the guy
PurcyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:20 AM   #169
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
You don't just come to the U.S., say "hey I want to be a citizen", fill out a few forms and bingo, you're in. For one thing, you have to be a permanent resident for 5 years before you can even apply. And even after that, the process can take a couple more years. I don't know how long he was here but I don't think it was that long.
I know the process. I wanted his reason for making it so far fetched.

BTW, here in Los Angeles you can go to Echo Park, or Huntington Park anf buy e verything needed for a few hundred bucks. Can't wait to see vending mschine at the grocrry store.

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #170
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Hara has never been a US citizen. He did have a work visa here for a while and had an apartment in CA where he stayed while here working for a few months. And his working was before the nationals. Thats how he is a US ROAR National Champ because of his address he used to maintain. But thats been several years ago and dont think he has had that apartment here in 6-7 years or so at least.

ROAR rules dont state you have to be a US Citizen. You just have to live here or reside here for 6 months prior to the event. Or at least that is how it used to read and was his loophole for racing the nationals.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #171
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Something went really wrong between him and HPI-HB.. Japanese people don't typically quit their jobs right after signing a long term contract in any field of work.. Unlike America or Canada, when you sign a contract its "your duty" to fulfill it. If you break it, there are big cultural repercussions.. simply put its a big cultural no, no. So there must of been a big disagreement to have Hara make such a drastic decision.

Yes, in the video he mentioned it was mutual separation...... But that's his Japanese modesty for you. They will never point the blame or give you a direct answer to the problem. Which is fine, all we can do is speculate from here on out.

But, I would think he'll be sticking with a Japanese company as this would offer him more future career options.
EDWARD2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #172
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
because he flew in just to do the dash for cash race at the TC Euro Champs at the Xray track and didn't drive Andy Moore's car but drove Martin's car (as noted before) I'm guessin' he's going to Xray.
hara uses a steerwheel and andy uses sticks ,martin uses a wheel so thats why he used it,although it could all be media hype
Old 08-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #173
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
Something went really wrong between him and HPI-HB.. Japanese people don't typically quit their jobs right after signing a long term contract in any field of work.. Unlike America or Canada, when you sign a contract its "your duty" to fulfill it. If you break it, there are big cultural repercussions.. simply put its a big cultural no, no. So there must of been a big disagreement to have Hara make such a drastic decision.

Yes, in the video he mentioned it was mutual separation...... But that's his Japanese modesty for you. They will never point the blame or give you a direct answer to the problem. Which is fine, all we can do is speculate from here on out.

But, I would think he'll be sticking with a Japanese company as this would offer him more future career options.

I think Hara would have had no problem staying. I think HPI/HB are the ones who couldn't fulfill the contract! They are in a pretty bad financial state and I bet they couldn't afford to pay Hara.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #174
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
hara uses a steerwheel and andy uses sticks ,martin uses a wheel so thats why he used it,although it could all be media hype

that interview (imo) shows that he is an honest and humble kind of guy and smart too.

What ever he does I'm sure it will be good for him ... I just wish he would make up his mind soon ... can't take the suspense ... lol
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #175
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

And what about Kyosho?
They already have a great off-road team but not for on-road. However, the company is a Japan based one and could perform in all categories ;-)

Cheers,
G-rem
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #176
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
Oooh... a purple TKX ? Got my money on that. But what would it be called ? Got to be something more exciting than just the ole' "Hara Edition"...
No doubt TKRacing would do a special edition "Purple Missile" edition for a driver of that stature...
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #177
Tech Addict

maybe he will just retire?
Old 08-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #178
Tech Regular

why would he retire, did you not watch the interview, RC is his life and always has n will be
PurcyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #179
Tech Regular

Yup, also the announcement would have been "Hara retires from RC racing", not that he'd left HPI.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #180
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

After I saw the Interview, I blelieve that He step back and think about his future.
Like what he want to do and where. And this takes some time to make the right decision.
silden is offline   Reply With Quote