R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #136
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Notice he said "bought", not was given. Makes sense. If you're going to buy your own gear, why not buy the reigning World champs?
I bet Masami means "brought" instead of "bought"...these guys doesn't need to buy anything RC...even if Hara want to try his hands on a helicopter, a Hirobo would be delivered assembled and setup...he do not even need to pick up his phone and call, just tell one of the reps and things would be delivered
blackshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #137
Tech Master

I hope he goes with xray but it would make more since for him to go to yokomo over tamiya though. Hell tamiya has victor,jilles,marc,and if you add hara also wow to many stars on one team.
rosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #138
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I'd feel better if they gave him a 418 prototype so he could let them know if it's any good or not before it goes to production.
Seriously, Tamiya has Wilck, Rheinard and Jilles to test the new car. I think they have enough experience to feel if a car is good or not.
Robkitetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #139
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robkitetop View Post
Seriously, Tamiya has Wilck, Rheinard and Jilles to test the new car. I think they have enough experience to feel if a car is good or not.
Too many cooks spoil the broth
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #140
Tech Regular

Make even more sense if he made his own car to be honest
PurcyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #141
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Perhaps the Tommy Kramer Racing TKX-10LE will be his next ride?
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #142
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I guess we can now say "Atsushi Hara left HB-HPI!"
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #143
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Perhaps the Tommy Kramer Racing TKX-10LE will be his next ride?
Oooh... a purple TKX ? Got my money on that. But what would it be called ? Got to be something more exciting than just the ole' "Hara Edition"...

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #144
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

I really don't think he pay money and buy those...just does not make sense at all. I am sure at his RIDE office, he has a pile of "sample" from different brand car just waiting for him to test (or play). And he finally can now LOOK at that pile of cars and pick the one he like to use, for this week......then next week, another brand to play and test, for another week (just like his ESC and MOTOR testing...)

Also...I didn't know HARA has a citizenship in USA..? I think he had a working permit in USA for a short period of time when he was racing 200mm TC with HB/HPI. I might be wrong....may be he is collecting passport as well.

Actually I kinda like to see him jumping chassis to chassis from month to month....just so to know that he can win with ANYTHING.....
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #145
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Send a message via AIM to xrayaustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I really don't think he pay money and buy those...just does not make sense at all. I am sure at his RIDE office, he has a pile of "sample" from different brand car just waiting for him to test (or play). And he finally can now LOOK at that pile of cars and pick the one he like to use, for this week......then next week, another brand to play and test, for another week (just like his ESC and MOTOR testing...)

Also...I didn't know HARA has a citizenship in USA..? I think he had a working permit in USA for a short period of time when he was racing 200mm TC with HB/HPI. I might be wrong....may be he is collecting passport as well.

Actually I kinda like to see him jumping chassis to chassis from month to month....just so to know that he can win with ANYTHING.....
Totally agree with him not having to buy anything. Just kind of illogical to me. But as far as im aware and im sure is correct he has a citizenship here and was living in california for an extended period of time

2010 cleveland indoor champs and 2011 snowbird nationals 17.5 stock A main winner
xrayaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #146
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I'm sure A-Main will send him whatever cars he wants until he signs with someone. It would have made more sense for him to leave and then already have the next thing lined up. But it seems more like HB settled with him about breaking the contract and now he's having fun trying everything else. Sorta like if you break up with your girlfriend and then go have fun.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #147
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

He got to pay for the most stuff he want to use like any other driver without a sponsorship.
The price will be lower for him, but in the most cases it is not for free either. Maybe a hobby store handed him the cars for free to make a add on his Window or so.
He is one of the best RC drivers of all times, no question about it. But Still I can't believe that any company will send him parts to play, without any commercial outcome.
silden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #148
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

There is some commercial value if he does decide to sign with that team, especially Tamiya, who are hungry for a win( even with that many high caliber pilots on the team)!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #149
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayaustin View Post
...*yes I know he has american citizenship* ...
He's a US citizen... really!@?! I'm having a very difficult time believing that. But who knows, maybe so!

But "living here in CA" and being a US citizen are two entirely different things. He could have had a temporary visa, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geberit View Post
Too many cooks spoil the broth
+1 Very very highly unlikely, in my outside opinion, for him to join Tamiya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurcyP View Post
Make even more sense if he made his own car to be honest
Highly unlikely... if he has aspirations of doing this, then he will sacrifice his driving... drivers should be drivers. They can provide input into the design and even design it themselves, but it takes a lot more than designing a car to get it into production. He'll never have the time to do the races anymore. IMHO, I think his best bet would be to be THE elite driver of a manufacturer who already has the operations established. From a business standpoint, Traxxas, Xray and Durango probably are best bets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
There is some commercial value if he does decide to sign with that team, especially Tamiya, who are hungry for a win( even with that many high caliber pilots on the team)!
The more I think about this, the more I realize that Tamiya has done fantastic in touring cars but not in any of the other offroad categories... Hmmm.... maybe this would make sense after all since he would seriously elevate Tamiya in offroad?
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #150
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Maybe, although they didn't give Ryan Lutz full support and I think thats one of the reasons he left Tamiya. All they have really is Lee Martin for their 1/10th electric offroad. I don't think Tamiya will make another attempt at 1/8th nitro offroad for a while after their program failed.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote