Wiki Posts
Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
So how do you use the sway bars to adjust tweak? Is is just to adjust the tweak that may be present between the left and right suspension arms or to help with a tweaked chassis?
Personally what I do when setting up the car is set up the tweak with the top deck method and I then set chassis tweak on a tweak station without the bars attached and then attach the stabilizers and set tweak by adjusting the stabilizer heights up or down.

Randy and our other drivers may do things a bit differently.

BTW, we will be conducting testing all day tomorrow at the Tamiya America Raceway. Hopefully we will have some good results to report.

Signing off for tonight. I need to finish up the cars.

Last edited by Gridworks Racing; 04-18-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
So how do you use the sway bars to adjust tweak? Is is just to adjust the tweak that may be present between the left and right suspension arms or to help with a tweaked chassis?
Sorry, when I was referring to setting the tweak I was talking about the setup wheels I have on the car.

To properly adjust your swaybars you first need to take the shocks off the car, second is to set the droop on the car so that the left and right arms are even. Then slowly lift one arm until you see the swaybar lift the other. Repeat that action on the other side and notice how much you have to move the arm before the swaybar lifts the other side. You want to set your swaybar link so that the swaybar lifts the arms at the same height on the left and right sides.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I've always had issues setting my sway bars exactly the same on both sides. Hopefully this other setup will help.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Nice to see new parts being developed

On another thought, my front belts were not cut straight from the factory. they wander side to side quite a lot, enough to rub the servo mount. Kinda wondering if that will affect the drive efficiency. The rear belts are perfectly straight. Are they all like that or I just got a bad batch?
Old 04-19-2014, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by inpuressa
Nice to see new parts being developed

On another thought, my front belts were not cut straight from the factory. they wander side to side quite a lot, enough to rub the servo mount. Kinda wondering if that will affect the drive efficiency. The rear belts are perfectly straight. Are they all like that or I just got a bad batch?
Hmm that sounds strange. Make sure you diff height adjusters are both in the same position.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Hmm that sounds strange. Make sure you diff height adjusters are both in the same position.
Yup, they are. You can tell they are not straight because it's not parallel with the wording on the belt. It does cause a bit of vibration. Thinking of just buying a new one, but wondered if they are all like that.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by inpuressa
Yup, they are. You can tell they are not straight because it's not parallel with the wording on the belt. It does cause a bit of vibration. Thinking of just buying a new one, but wondered if they are all like that.
All the VBC's I've had the belts have been staight. Must be a fluke with that one belt you have.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I've always had issues setting my sway bars exactly the same on both sides. Hopefully this other setup will help.
That is the main reason I changed over to that style. Way easier to adjust and now you can get them set perfectly.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Spent all day at the Tamiya track yesterday, my first time running outdoors in about 5 years. Took a few packs to get the feel back and get comfortable with the track, but my last few runs went really well. There is a club race there next week with 30 mod entries so it'll be a good chance to see if my car is up to speed for the Reedy Race.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Good to see you driving again Randy. I'm sure you'll regain your form in no time.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Spent all day at the Tamiya track yesterday, my first time running outdoors in about 5 years. Took a few packs to get the feel back and get comfortable with the track, but my last few runs went really well. There is a club race there next week with 30 mod entries so it'll be a good chance to see if my car is up to speed for the Reedy Race.
Nice job. It's like riding a bike. You never really forget how to do it.
Cant wait to see some setups you come up with.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

During testing yesterday, I recorded a couple of videos of the cars in action. Here is one of Randy driving in his typical attacking style:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing
During testing yesterday, I recorded a couple of videos of the cars in action. Here is one of Randy driving in his typical attacking style:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Wow Randy's car looks real good. That's a really nice track.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Wow Randy's car looks real good. That's a really nice track.
Yes, he's definitely beginning to look like his old self. There are some minor changes we will be making after reviewing the video for this weekend and the car will be even better.

The entire team ran the new Solaris SP35-EX tires all day.

Last edited by Gridworks Racing; 04-21-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Randy's car looks great in the vid. looks like someone needs to loan him a mod motor though .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.