R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #991
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_ngarza View Post
Hello..

I'm just getting back into on road and sold my old T2 recently for an upgrade... I'm really leaning towards this D06. Sounds promising and it'll be something no one really has at the track. There are guys in the lead with Yokomos and T4s, but i'm sure this will chase em around nice...

I've driven the BD7 and it seems a bit twitchy... the T4 was really nice though.

Anyway, is the above list of upgrades and handy spares still pretty accurate?

I'm thinking about purchasing x2 of all those parts... But, just want to see if there has been something added to this handy list of priority parts/spares

Thanks in advance!
The spool outdrives are nice, but not necessary. They do look sweet, though! I think the plastic ones are actually a little better with regards to DCJ wear, though. The steel gear diff cups are really nice, though, and I use those both front and rear on my indoor car. Once again though, they are nice but not necessary.

Flex chassis also isn't necessary, but just a cool thing to have and try.

I would recommend having spare plastics (c-hubs, uprights, steering blocks), spare top hats in case you lose one, and a pair of the roche dcjs on standby (available from EMR Factory, depending on where you live.) Depends on what motor you are running, though, as with a 17.5 it will be awhile before you need to worry about dcj maintenance/repair. Those spare blades (as mentioned in the original post) are a must, though.

Oh you will also want a hard bumper. I use the xray ones, but any of the options should really be ok.

As for option parts, along with the normal spring/swaybar sets, I would recommend getting some of the C05 toe blocks and maybe an F05 block as well, depending on budget. With the C05 you can add or remove toe to the rear or change front width when used with the F05. F05 on its own can let you try arm sweep.

In addition, maybe try the TiNi shock shafts and a spare gear diff in case you run on carpet and want to try one in the front. If I think of anything else I will add it here, but it is all pretty straightforward.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #992
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_ngarza View Post
Hello..

I'm just getting back into on road and sold my old T2 recently for an upgrade... I'm really leaning towards this D06. Sounds promising and it'll be something no one really has at the track. There are guys in the lead with Yokomos and T4s, but i'm sure this will chase em around nice...

I've driven the BD7 and it seems a bit twitchy... the T4 was really nice though.

Anyway, is the above list of upgrades and handy spares still pretty accurate?

I'm thinking about purchasing x2 of all those parts... But, just want to see if there has been something added to this handy list of priority parts/spares

Thanks in advance!
Welcome!

We have a SoCal racer who owns both the D06 and BD7. This racer consistently chooses to race the D06 over the BD7 stating that the car feels better and that he has more confidence in the car.

In regard to parts, I wouldn't worry about the lightweight hardened diff cups, flex chassis, or the flex upper deck. The parts that I would worry about are those that are prone to breakage or require the most frequent replacement.

These are the most popular D06 parts sold on my site:

V2 Suspension Arms D-05-VBC-0090
Steering Blocks Version 2 Composite A-03-VBC-0079
Rear Suspension Uprights A-03-VBC-0037
C-Hub Set Version 2 D-05-VBC-0064
Center Suspension Shims 1mm, 0.5mm D-05-VBC-0033
Shaft End Shoes Self Lubricating A-03-VBC-0077

Personally, I would also add:

Front/Rear Suspension Shim Set 1mm,-0.5mm D-05-VBC-0032
32mm Turnbuckles B-02-VBC-5102
42mm Turnbuckles B-02-VBC-0037

One last thing people rarely mention are bearings. Bearings are important and should be replaced often.

As far as upgrades, I agree with LloydLoar

Front Stabilizer Set D-05-VBC-0045
Rear Stabilizer Set D-05-VBC-0046
C05 Center Suspension Mounts D-05-VBC-0065

The car is very good and will work awesome for you on asphalt.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #993
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Any word on when tjose trick sway bar mounts agoing to be released. And different but still VBC related note, are you or know who is going carry the new VBC 2wd buggy?

I also wish they would sell the arms as a front pair and a rear pair, instead of the way they do it now. I have only broken one rear to my 4 rear. I know sometimes parts need to be replaced for wear, but you still need to buy 2 sets for a complete car.
SMC - Motiv motors - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #994
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
Any word on when tjose trick sway bar mounts agoing to be released. And different but still VBC related note, are you or know who is going carry the new VBC 2wd buggy?
Thanks for the question.

I am calculating costs for the stabilizer mount modification.

In regard to the Fireblot DM 2wd buggy, yes, we intend to support this car when it becomes available.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:35 AM   #995
Tech Master

Is there a rebuild kit avail for the DCJ's?
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #996
Tech Initiate

I wanted to say thank you for an awesome car! I have been a Xray zombie for the last 8yrs and all I can say is WOW! The car preformed beyond my expectations for the first time on the track. I was .3 faster a lap than my xray (that I ran last year) right off the bench 1st time on the track. The sweet spot on this car is very easy to hit. I run at LH in ILL and even on a lowbite cold asphalt track the car had amazing grip and corner speed. Again thank you!
BigCheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #997
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCheezy View Post
I wanted to say thank you for an awesome car! I have been a Xray zombie for the last 8yrs and all I can say is WOW! The car preformed beyond my expectations for the first time on the track. I was .3 faster a lap than my xray (that I ran last year) right off the bench 1st time on the track. The sweet spot on this car is very easy to hit. I run at LH in ILL and even on a lowbite cold asphalt track the car had amazing grip and corner speed. Again thank you!
You should share your setup! A lot of us haven't had a chance to run asphalt much this season, so creating a better database would be awesome for everyone.

-Korey
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #998
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGod View Post
Unfortunately, there is not one available, though we do offer complete DCJ sets to our D06 customers at 50% off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCheezy View Post
Awesome to hear your experience, it resembles one of our drivers after he switched from the T4 to the D06.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:27 PM   #999
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Been pretty busy the past couple weeks and haven't been able to post as much as I'd like to on here. Anyway, this Saturday is my last day of testing before the Reedy Race. Going in with a great base setup and hoping to fine tune it a bit. The car has been working really well and I couldn't be more excited for Reedy.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #1000
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGod View Post
You can buy the individual parts for the DCJ's. I just ordered some for our store today. I listed all the part numbers below.

A-03-VBC-0069 Inner Axle for Two-Piece Joint Drive Axle
A-03-VBC-0070 Wheel Axles for Two-Piece Joint Drive Axle
A-03-VBC-0071 Axle Joint for Two-Piece Joint Drive Axle
A-03-VBC-0072 Axle Lock Spring for Two-Piece Joint Drive Axle
A-03-VBC-0073 M1.7x8 Shaft Pins
Ophidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #1001
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
You can buy the individual parts for the DCJ's. I just ordered some for our store today. I listed all the part numbers below.

A-03-VBC-0069 Inner Axle for Two-Piece Joint Drive Axle
A-03-VBC-0070 Wheel Axles for Two-Piece Joint Drive Axle
A-03-VBC-0071 Axle Joint for Two-Piece Joint Drive Axle
A-03-VBC-0072 Axle Lock Spring for Two-Piece Joint Drive Axle
A-03-VBC-0073 M1.7x8 Shaft Pins
Nice! What is the part number for the rebuild kit?
Old 05-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #1002
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There's no "rebuild kit" you just need order the pieces to make one

A-03-VBC-0071
A-03-VBC-0072
A-03-VBC-0073
A-03-VBC-0087

would cover everything you need to rebuild them. It will cost more then if they had a rebuild kit but cheaper then new driveshafts.
Ophidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #1003
Tech Master

Hi Guys, we have a review of the car here including a track test.

http://www.thercracer.com/2014/05/into-wild.html

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #1004
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Ran my last club race before Reedy yesterday, it really made me like this car a lot more. I slapped on a setup that I came up with a few weeks ago and it was good right from the start. Didn't do a thing to the car all day except sauce the tires and charge the battery and it was awesome from the very first run of the day to the last. Gave me a lot of confidence heading into the Reedy Race!

Didn't even realize it at first but the race was being recorded and is on YouTube if anyone is interested. Looking forward to getting my painted body this week and scrapping the white one! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyEZ_yHvaGM
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #1005
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
Hi Guys, we have a review of the car here including a track test.

http://www.thercracer.com/2014/05/into-wild.html
Nice review! Another happy D06 driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Ran my last club race before Reedy yesterday, it really made me like this car a lot more. I slapped on a setup that I came up with a few weeks ago and it was good right from the start. Didn't do a thing to the car all day except sauce the tires and charge the battery and it was awesome from the very first run of the day to the last. Gave me a lot of confidence heading into the Reedy Race!

Didn't even realize it at first but the race was being recorded and is on YouTube if anyone is interested. Looking forward to getting my painted body this week and scrapping the white one! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyEZ_yHvaGM
Car looks good man. Looks like we both have a good base setup now.

Excited for the reedy race, see you guys in a few weeks!