R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #781
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Lemar. just wanted to let you know. i've been trying to shop on your site this morning and i keep getting 504 errors
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #782
Tech Elite

do you know when the flex upper decks will be back in stock?
Old 02-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #783
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dotman,

Thank you for reporting the issue. The issue was on my hosts end and was corrected without my intervention.

The Flex Upper Deck deck just sold out two days ago, but they are already on order and will arrive late next week. I would recommend clicking the "Join Waitlist" button to be notified automatically when the item arrives back in stock.

Have you had an opportunity yet to run your D06?
Old 02-15-2014, 11:09 AM   #784
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBC Racing Shop View Post
Dotman,

Thank you for reporting the issue. The issue was on my hosts end and was corrected without my intervention.

The Flex Upper Deck deck just sold out two days ago, but they are already on order and will arrive late next week. I would recommend clicking the "Join Waitlist" button to be notified automatically when the item arrives back in stock.

Have you had an opportunity yet to run your D06?
no, i'm building the kit this weekend to run at the hpi challenge next week. i'm going to start with the tamiya setup on your site.

thanks for the tip on ordering. i will do that

question, what do you think of the 2.25 lower and 1.6 upper decks? have you tried them? if so, how did you like them compared to the stocks pieces?

thanks,
Oliver
Old 02-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #785
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN View Post
no, i'm building the kit this weekend to run at the hpi challenge next week. i'm going to start with the tamiya setup on your site.

thanks for the tip on ordering. i will do that

question, what do you think of the 2.25 lower and 1.6 upper decks? have you tried them? if so, how did you like them compared to the stocks pieces?

thanks,
Oliver
If I were you, I would start with the Aggressive D06 Asphalt Setup that was posted on 1/6, shorten the wheelbase by an additional 1mm up front and see how you like it. Oh, be sure to run with a fresh set of tires, but I am sure you know that.

The 2.25mm Flex Chassis and 1.6mm Flex Upper Deck IMO is overkill for the tracks you'll be racing. The car will feel good, but it will be too hooked up.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #786
Tech Elite

thanks for the advise. i'll start with that instead. can't wait to get it on the track
Old 02-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #787
Tech Regular

Quote:
thanks for the advise. i'll start with that instead. can't wait to get it on the track
No problem, it's going to be DIALED!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #788
Tech Elite

Quote:
No problem, it's going to be DIALED!
LOL i hope youre right. i love DIALED
Old 02-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #789
Tech Regular

Quote:
LOL i hope youre right. i love DIALED
I'll be out of town again next week, but let me know what you think. We work very hard and put a lot of time into these setups.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:45 AM   #790
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'll be out of town again next week, but let me know what you think. We work very hard and put a lot of time into these setups.
will do
Old 02-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #791
Tech Adept

Quote:
If I were you, I would start with the Aggressive D06 Asphalt Setup that was posted on 1/6, shorten the wheelbase by an additional 1mm up front and see how you like it. Oh, be sure to run with a fresh set of tires, but I am sure you know that.

The 2.25mm Flex Chassis and 1.6mm Flex Upper Deck IMO is overkill for the tracks you'll be racing. The car will feel good, but it will be too hooked up.
excuse me which is the meaning of hooked up? I don't come from a english-speaking country, I'm sorry.

However I've completed my fist race ever with my new d06, I have to say that it is a great car. unfortunately I finished only 8th, due to the lack of training and experience with the car (second time ever) but setting the 4th fast lap of the day considering that the first two are both national champions, I'm pretty satisfied. I have used the aggressive set up but with c05 (a little arm sweep) in front and 350 in the shocks.
But I am searching for a little bit more of on power steering (I try to put the screw on the top deck but it seems to lose the rear too much on wide corners ). If I want more overall grip I should work on tire treatments or I should try a thinner top deck?
Thank you for help.
NItrox416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:37 AM   #792
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NItrox416 View Post
excuse me which is the meaning of hooked up? I don't come from a english-speaking country, I'm sorry.

However I've completed my fist race ever with my new d06, I have to say that it is a great car. unfortunately I finished only 8th, due to the lack of training and experience with the car (second time ever) but setting the 4th fast lap of the day considering that the first two are both national champions, I'm pretty satisfied. I have used the aggressive set up but with c05 (a little arm sweep) in front and 350 in the shocks.
But I am searching for a little bit more of on power steering (I try to put the screw on the top deck but it seems to lose the rear too much on wide corners ). If I want more overall grip I should work on tire treatments or I should try a thinner top deck?
Thank you for help.
Hi,

Hooked up means very good/good grip.

What is the grip level of the asphalt you are running on?

If you need more overall grip, this is usually a tire/traction compound issue.

Can you provide additional information on your track and tire prep?
Old 02-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #793
Tech Adept

The track was a cut version of a nitro car track, medium grip, thick grain asphalt.
Tires are lrp g32, lrp top grip asphalt additive, applied 25-30 minuts before run on tires cleaned with brakes cleaner.
Actually the tires were still a bit wet. I use the tire warmer at 65 celsius some absorbent paper on the tires
Thanks for help
NItrox416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #794
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NItrox416 View Post
The track was a cut version of a nitro car track, medium grip, thick grain asphalt.
Tires are lrp g32, lrp top grip asphalt additive, applied 25-30 minuts before run on tires cleaned with brakes cleaner.
Actually the tires were still a bit wet. I use the tire warmer at 65 celsius some absorbent paper on the tires
Thanks for help
Ok, so I am guessing that you are in Europe?

We haven't used LRP tires or the top grip additive for any of our testing, but I am guessing that you have less overall grip than what we generally experience.

Anyway, not knowing your particular track, I would actually try going up a bit on the oils (Around 450/400) because the car has a tendency to roll over too much and become sluggish and unresponsive. You could also try a stiffer rear spring, decreasing front droop or raising the rear roll center from .5-1mm could help as well.

Hopefully some of this works. Good luck!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #795
Tech Elite

quick question...the double jointed drive shafts that come with the car come assembled. are they also lubed? can i install them as is or do i need to take them apart and lube them? Also, is that white lube in the kit any good? should i use AE black grease instead?

thanks,
Oliver