R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #376
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 373
Default

Is the shorty servo a must on this car? I have 3 high quality spare servos and would really like to avoid buying a shorty to add to it. Any pics with standard size servos on-board? Any input is appreciated!!!

Kevin
__________________
VBC Racing Wildfire D06
VBC Ghost
B4.1 Worlds, Orion R10 Pro/Orion/Orion-Spektrum
Kyosho RT5 Orion R10 Pro/ Viper/Orion
Dave's R/C Racetracks
Leadfinger2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #377
Tech Elite
 
IIGQ4U's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: La Jolla, CA SoCal
Posts: 2,489
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadfinger2011 View Post
Is the shorty servo a must on this car? I have 3 high quality spare servos and would really like to avoid buying a shorty to add to it. Any pics with standard size servos on-board? Any input is appreciated!!!

Kevin
You can definitely run a standard sized servo at the expense of weight and space.

If that's what you have right now, run it and swap it out later if you want.
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #378
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 257
Default

I saw the "Ghost" image on the VBC website... it's removed now - VBC you are killing me. I gotta see this chassis before I get a second touring car.
DavidNERODease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #379
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,292
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
I saw the "Ghost" image on the VBC website... it's removed now - VBC you are killing me. I gotta see this chassis before I get a second touring car.
http://www.redrc.net/2013/11/vbc-rac...ar/#more-73728
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #380
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,898
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I want some of those white plastic parts so I can dye them red...
__________________
Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4
TLR 22 3.0
Apex RC Proshop
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #381
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 373
Default HOLY CRAP

I haven't driven sedan on carpet since 2006, built one of these up this week took it out today for what I thought was going to be a new build shakedown and it went immediately to a tuning session. The car was so smooth right off the bat, Put one of the local Factory guys set-ups on and was immediately fast. Such a friendly car to drive, felt I knew where the edge was right off the bat. I'm an old X-Ray convert but am not looking back!!!! Way to go VBC!!!!


Kevin
__________________
VBC Racing Wildfire D06
VBC Ghost
B4.1 Worlds, Orion R10 Pro/Orion/Orion-Spektrum
Kyosho RT5 Orion R10 Pro/ Viper/Orion
Dave's R/C Racetracks
Leadfinger2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #382
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,053
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadfinger2011 View Post
I haven't driven sedan on carpet since 2006, built one of these up this week took it out today for what I thought was going to be a new build shakedown and it went immediately to a tuning session. The car was so smooth right off the bat, Put one of the local Factory guys set-ups on and was immediately fast. Such a friendly car to drive, felt I knew where the edge was right off the bat. I'm an old X-Ray convert but am not looking back!!!! Way to go VBC!!!!


Kevin
We are glad you enjoy the car!!! Feel free to ask us any questions if you have them. I'll see you at the Timezone Grand Prix.
__________________
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #383
Tech Elite
 
theproffesor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lugoff SC
Posts: 2,422
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Ive been told there are wider hex hubs available. All I can find are the 0mm offset stock ones. Does anyone have a part number for the wider hexes or what do people run to get the wider offset besides spacers. I have 2mm in there noe and I dont like how little the contact patch is with the wheel. Really would like a wider hex.
__________________
Tamiya EVO 6 with EXOSIX conversion
Tamiya TA07
tamiya box stock Mini (M05)
SMC - Motiv motors - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:58 AM   #384
Tech Apprentice
 
Reese Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: RSA
Posts: 97
Default

Getting ready for the Nats here in SA, the last round of the year. Going to be some very close racing up front, glad to have the D06 in my pits. Practice starts tomorrow.
__________________
VBC Wildfires
Orca - Revolectrix - Sanwa - SMC
Reese Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:04 AM   #385
Tech Apprentice
 
Reese Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: RSA
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
Ive been told there are wider hex hubs available. All I can find are the 0mm offset stock ones. Does anyone have a part number for the wider hexes or what do people run to get the wider offset besides spacers. I have 2mm in there noe and I dont like how little the contact patch is with the wheel. Really would like a wider hex.
Hey Prof, not sure I follow personally, are you sure its not camber / camber gain settings which need adjusting? To me the contact patch is determined by how the angle of the wheel is controlled, rather than track width. But that's just me.
__________________
VBC Wildfires
Orca - Revolectrix - Sanwa - SMC
Reese Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:15 AM   #386
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese Bobby View Post
Getting ready for the Nats here in SA, the last round of the year. Going to be some very close racing up front, glad to have the D06 in my pits. Practice starts tomorrow.
Hi there Reese,
The Nats is going to be hectic for sure.
I only recently discovered the VBC chassis and must admit being a big AE fan the D06 does draw my attention.
I would like to come and have a closer look at your chassis this weekend if you do not mind.
I will be at the track on Friday
Charel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #387
Tech Elite
 
theproffesor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lugoff SC
Posts: 2,422
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Not contact patch of the tire to the surface but contact patch of the hex to the inside of the wheel. When spacers are used, less of the hex hub is inside the wheel hex leading to possible stripping of the wheel hex. If there were a wider hex available then less/no spacers would be needed to achieve the desired track width. I am running into this issue with VTA wheels due to the offset of the wheel. I am in need of a wider hex. With the stock hex hub there is plenty of threads remaining on the axle shaft for up to 4mm wider on each side. I do not want to go that wide but I think 2mm would work great.
__________________
Tamiya EVO 6 with EXOSIX conversion
Tamiya TA07
tamiya box stock Mini (M05)
SMC - Motiv motors - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #388
Tech Apprentice
 
Reese Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: RSA
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
Not contact patch of the tire to the surface but contact patch of the hex to the inside of the wheel. When spacers are used, less of the hex hub is inside the wheel hex leading to possible stripping of the wheel hex. If there were a wider hex available then less/no spacers would be needed to achieve the desired track width. I am running into this issue with VTA wheels due to the offset of the wheel. I am in need of a wider hex. With the stock hex hub there is plenty of threads remaining on the axle shaft for up to 4mm wider on each side. I do not want to go that wide but I think 2mm would work great.
Hi Prof, I see what you mean. XRay and CSO do manufacture offset hexes. You could also possibly try the VBC Dynamics suspension blocks? (Haven't worked out the final track width for myself but maybe this chart helps?)

__________________
VBC Wildfires
Orca - Revolectrix - Sanwa - SMC
Reese Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #389
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,737
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Widening at the blocks is different than widening at the hub, and I am guessing he is specifically wanting the latter. If you widen at the blocks you are moving all of the various suspension components (but not the shock towers) so it is a bigger change than just width, if that helps makes sense.
__________________
Chris Hillier | 5280 Raceway | www.5280raceway.com | Racing. Elevated.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #390
Tech Adept
 
sashimi999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Posts: 234
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Hi all,
I am guessing I am fairly new to this thread. ^_^
I would like to express How much I like this new kit.
I used to run AE TC6.1. Compare to that, VBC build me a far more better quality car with zero sloppy, tones of steering and corner speed right out of box with default setting.
Even one of Xray guys admire me after having a look at my new gem..LOL
I would like to say thank you to Roche.hk for the fast dispatch service and good communication.
Chat with you guys more here later!
Ah, BTW, I have write a car kit building doco posted on my racing blog (check my signature http://speedyrc.blogspot.com.au),
Welcome to have a look and leave some comments.

Cheers
__________________
::Michael C::
::Speedy RC Racing Blog:: http://speedyrc.blogspot.com.au
::Speedy RC Online Store:: http://www.speedyrc.com.au
::Your Local Dealer for::VBC Racing::BittyDesign::Team Powers::ArrowMax::Blitz Bodies::R1 Wurks::Trinity RC::Team Zombie Batteries::and more...

Last edited by sashimi999; 11-13-2013 at 07:08 PM.
sashimi999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:40 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0