Wiki Posts
Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VBC Racing Shop
Yes, the 4 hole pistons are working well for both carpet and asphalt.
When are you going to get the 4 holes back in stock?
Old 10-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inpuressa
When are you going to get the 4 holes back in stock?
Hi, thanks for the question.

We will have them on Tuesday of next week.

Next week will be busy for us as we are preparing something for the Halloween Classic in Ohio, as well as preparing for a large race on the same weekend here in SoCal.

I am hoping to further refine the setup on my car this Saturday in preparation for the race as well, which will be the following weekend.

If any of you folks are still racing on asphalt and looking for a setup to try, I should have one posted on the site next week.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
Hi all,

Got to run my D06 for the first time this week and overall I love it. I started out with the kit setup and found that the car was simply too responsive, had too much steering and not enough rear traction, especially from the middle of the corner - out. I ended up adding some droop (a bit in the back and more in the front) and removing the rear anti-roll bar and the car was much better and very easy to drive.

Is this consistent with what others have found with their D06? Is there a better setup change to consider that would calm the car down, add rear traction but allow for more corner speed?

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide!

Cheers,
Mike
one thing you might want to try is the diff height. Something about dogbone plunge, and being higher you have less traction, and low you have more. I noticed that the D06 uses the high setting. It might be an interesting thing to try out.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
Hi all,

Got to run my D06 for the first time this week and overall I love it. I started out with the kit setup and found that the car was simply too responsive, had too much steering and not enough rear traction, especially from the middle of the corner - out. I ended up adding some droop (a bit in the back and more in the front) and removing the rear anti-roll bar and the car was much better and very easy to drive.

Is this consistent with what others have found with their D06? Is there a better setup change to consider that would calm the car down, add rear traction but allow for more corner speed?

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide!

Cheers,
Mike
Try to lower the roll center as well. Personally always like to run it lower which give more traction. But sometime in High traction track may cause traction roll......
Old 10-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Max K
This was exactly what I found on my car. This is what I changed:

4 hole pistons
350 cst
Green springs
shocks in middle holes on towers
green rear bar
white front bar
C05 suspension blocks in the rear
.5mm roll center all around

Let me know how this works for you
Max, thanks for confirming what I was experiencing...I don't have a lot of experience with Touring Cars so it's good to hear that it wasn't just me! I currently don't have local access to 4-hole pistons and alternate blocks but I can certainly try the other changes and see where it gets me.

Originally Posted by inpuressa
one thing you might want to try is the diff height. Something about dogbone plunge, and being higher you have less traction, and low you have more. I noticed that the D06 uses the high setting. It might be an interesting thing to try out.
I hadn't heard about diff height before...I assume I just rotate the adjusting cam all the way around so it gives the same tension but at a different position in the bulkhead? I'll definitely try that!

Originally Posted by beamcat
Try to lower the roll center as well. Personally always like to run it lower which give more traction. But sometime in High traction track may cause traction roll......
We run on what I'd call Med traction carpet so I'm not expecting traction rolling to be a major problem...I'll have to try lowering the roll center too.

Cheers,
Mike
Old 10-18-2013, 02:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by VBC Racing Shop
I use the R1 Wurks fan which is 30mmx15mm and I filed it down on two sides so that I could thread the screws into the fan mount.

I can get some shots a bit later for you.
If you had used a longer screw you would not have to file down the R1 fan, correct?
Old 10-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JayL
If you had used a longer screw you would not have to file down the R1 fan, correct?
Correct, but I didn't a screw with more than 15mm of thread.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

D05 & D06 ready to play

Old 10-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

To the guys that ran at the IIC or just in general whats a good general starting for droop on high bite carpet??
Old 10-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
D05 & D06 ready to play

That D05 is definitely unique. It will be interesting to see how it handles. Great work!

Originally Posted by Potoczak
To the guys that ran at the IIC or just in general whats a good general starting for droop on high bite carpet??
You'll probably want to start around 6 up front and 2-3 in the rear.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Whats up with the shock towers on the VTA car???
Old 10-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

There are none
Old 10-18-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Is that what you have to do to get this car to work in VTA? This car was at the top of my list when I replace my current cars, but now... having to run that odd of a set-up. I would have never thought to not use shock towers. That seems very unorthidox.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

It's not necessary at all and may not even work well. I'm just playing around with it and haven't run it like that yet. I will tomorrow on asphalt.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
1.5-2mm over ride height

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.