R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-24-2014, 11:37 AM   #1576
DBM
Tech Addict

I have noticed that the soon-to-be-released spec-r R2 has a single sided layshaft mount/motor mount. I'll order one and see what needs to be done to fit it to the d06.

Last edited by DBM; 12-24-2014 at 11:56 AM.
DBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:25 PM   #1577
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by patorz31 View Post
The truth I didn't notice any change with the chassis kit. I think you need the Smokem top deck to run their motor mount and maybe the Yokomo one. I am running the stock deck on the smokem chassis with the stock motor mount. My Yokomo mount is somewhere between Hong kong and Edmonton Ab Canada. When it arrives I will post up some pics of how it all works.
They have developed their own motor mount I didn't see it yet
where did you find that?
You are going to try to fit the yokomo bd7 motor mount2014 o 1015 edition?
thanks for help
NItrox416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #1578
Tech Master

I don't think they released it. When the D07 came out I think stopped development of it. The hole spacing for the mount looks very close to the BD7 14 mount from the measurements I took. As I said I ordered one and hopefully shows up before the new year.
patorz31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:05 AM   #1579
Tech Adept

Quote:
I don't think they released it. When the D07 came out I think stopped development of it. The hole spacing for the mount looks very close to the BD7 14 mount from the measurements I took. As I said I ordered one and hopefully shows up before the new year.
Thank you let us updated
Old 01-01-2015, 06:14 PM   #1580
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I just picked up a d06. I have been running durangos and they handle great but have some issues with their plastics. Im going to run the d06 in vta and see how it does, if i like it i will get a 7. I was wondering about the aluminum chassis for the 6, is it worth getting? I suppose i wouldn't have to strap as much weight on it with the aluminum chassis. Any tips or mods on these things would be appreciated. Thanks
ZeroDown7169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:35 AM   #1581
DBM
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroDown7169 View Post
I just picked up a d06. I have been running durangos and they handle great but have some issues with their plastics. Im going to run the d06 in vta and see how it does, if i like it i will get a 7. I was wondering about the aluminum chassis for the 6, is it worth getting? I suppose i wouldn't have to strap as much weight on it with the aluminum chassis. Any tips or mods on these things would be appreciated. Thanks
Our track has a 2x4 outer border which is up against cinderblock walls, so it is pretty hard on cars. I broke a plastic spool outdrive and a c-hub. I switched to v2 c-hubs and bought spool steel outdrives, and haven't broken any other plastic parts. It is pretty durable. Oh, I've also been running a hard bumper for the last few weeks.

However, I did have a front axle fail last night. I didn't even hit anything. It looks like the dcj jammed up in a corner and broke the end of the axle. I did not have a spare, but found that the front axle and dcj from my spec-r r1 fit. Since I've never had an axle failure with one of my spec-r axles, I might continue to use them in the car.

I really like the aluminum chassis for our high traction track. It never tweaks, and is very consistent. It does weigh 30g more than the CF chassis, but the weight is down low which is nice on high traction surfaces where traction rolling might be a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-20150102_010040-01.jpg  
DBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #1582
Tech Rookie

Default d06 dynamics

Picked up a d06 dynamics over the festive period. Ran it last week and was really pleased with how it went, easy to drive and carried good corner speed.

I went for a setup posted by Ryan Maker on the d07 thread. The only thing I changed was to use the standard kit springs rather than red all round. It worked really well but I was just wondering if there was a 'goto' sorex jb28 setup for medium grip carpet tracks to get some ideas of what to try next?

Cheers
matt31313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:39 PM   #1583
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I actually have a killer carpet set-up for the 06. But you have to do a slight mod or get the RSD carpet springs. I will post the set up in the morning when I can get my book.

The problem with the 06 for VTA is that the shocks do not get enough up travel in the rear with the larger diameter VTA tires when at 5-6mm ride hight. In addition you can barely achieve 5mm ride hight as the spring retainers are all the way up. The front works fine though. So I tried a few different mods. First since I was ordering some custom lower towers for my Ghost, I orderd a custom rear tower for the 06 thathad the mounting holes 3mm higher. This worked great. You can get the ride hight and needed up travel. I think its pretty close to the "lowe traction/asphalt towers that VBC has. I wasnt satsfied with the look the higher rear tower had, so tbe cheaper option and second thing I tried was cutting the lower shock eyelets off 3mm. This can be difficult if you dont have calipers and if you do to much, you have order another set of shock plastics. Plus while I never have had one come out, there is knly a few threads from the shock shaft holding the eyelet. This gave similar results as the higher shock tower. The third thing I did was gett the RSD carpet springs. I now have a large range of springs between tbe stock and RSD. The RSD springs felt like the best upgrade and for just over $20 for a set of 5pair that wasnt bad. I may get a set for my Ghost in USGT.

Edit. I have the Dynamic and run the alum chassis. And the stock rear tower may be too low with the stock body mounts for some VTA bodies. LucklyI had a set of body mount from my old Pro4 that were long enough.
SMC - Motiv motors - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #1584
Tech Elite

My USVTA Dynamics D06

Old 01-12-2015, 08:29 AM   #1585
Tech Elite

Here is my USVTA set-up weighs in at exactly 1550.4g with the body on ready to hit the track. I sauce full tires front and rear, reduce camber as traction comes up.

Old 01-12-2015, 02:41 PM   #1586
Tech Rookie

Thanks a lot
matt31313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:13 AM   #1587
Tech Adept

Hi guys,
there are any news about the yokomo motor mount on the d06?
Old 01-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #1588
Tech Master

I haven't tried to install it yet. The D07 is working so good I haven't run my D06 for awhile.
If I have time this week I will try it.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:54 AM   #1589
Tech Adept

Quote:
I haven't tried to install it yet. The D07 is working so good I haven't run my D06 for awhile.
If I have time this week I will try it.
Ok Thanks I'm waiting anxiously
Old 01-22-2015, 10:34 PM   #1590
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just "upgraded" to a D06, from my ancient Kawada SV-10 II.
I drove the car for the first time last week and was impressed with its handling with new SOREX 40Rs.
It had more steering yet still rear stable . However my happiness was shortlived as I notice a drastic drop in steering after pack number 2.
I am using all standard kit settings, with front spool. The car understeers terribly after pack 2, which I think is caused by the high front tyre wear caused by the spool. Unlike my old car, it never has as much steering with new tyres, but the steering deteriorates very mildly with each pack, in fact the Kawada has more steering then my D06 after the second pack onwards.
The Kawada has front gear diffs though. I was just wondering if a front gear diff will solve my problem or is there something else I can do.
alcyon is offline   Reply With Quote