[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/y6ZnYPQFWiY[/YOUTUBE]

Guess the youtube links don't work.

Click this link to be taken to the video
www.rcgears.net, www.carcar.ca, www.karz.ca
Akhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:20 PM   #1547
Tech Addict

Default measuring droop

Can some show me where to measure droop? Not understanding " droop measured at center pin"
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:30 PM   #1548
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I remove the wheels, shocks and battery tapr and place the cat flat on a setup board. Using calipers or a precision ruler, I measure from the center of the hinge pin to the setup board. It's similar to a droop gauge, but universal between most cars since arm thicknesses can be different.
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #1549
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
Can some show me where to measure droop? Not understanding " droop measured at center pin"
Subtract the height of the blocks or whatever your car is sitting on from the measurement at the center of the pin.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:03 PM   #1550
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
I usually set droop by normal method then measure with a digit vernier from setup board to top off thread this way you know the axles are at the same height, this way it takes away the parallax error which is if your eyes are at the same angle.

Noel
Daughter - VBC Racing - Spektrum DX3S - Hobbywing
Richards Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #1551
DBM
Tech Addict

Milled some material from my D06 Dynamics chassis tonight. The chassis was VERY stiff, and was also heavy (112g vs 80g for the 2.5mm CF chassis). I removed 0.75mm of material which reduced the weight to 94g and added a bit of flex. It is still much stiffer than the 2.5mm CF chassis, so no worries there. I think that removing a bit more would be ok (the 2mm Serpent ERYX 3.0 aluminum chassis is milled down to 1mm).
All of the electronics and lipo now sit 0.75mm lower.
Attached Thumbnails
*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-20141128_220329-01.jpg   *NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-20141128_220359-01.jpg  
DBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #1552
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
Milled some material from my D06 Dynamics chassis tonight.
Looks really good Dennis! Nice job!
Old 11-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #1553
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Milled some material from my D06 Dynamics chassis tonight. The chassis was VERY stiff, and was also heavy (112g vs 80g for the 2.5mm CF chassis). I removed 0.75mm of material which reduced the weight to 94g and added a bit of flex. It is still much stiffer than the 2.5mm CF chassis, so no worries there. I think that removing a bit more would be ok (the 2mm Serpent ERYX 3.0 aluminum chassis is milled down to 1mm).
All of the electronics and lipo now sit 0.75mm lower.
Nice work! Looks just like the Serpent Eryx 3.0 chassis! I'm surprised the chassis didn't come like this from the factory.
HPI RS4 Pro (shelf queen)
CamLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:58 AM   #1554
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing View Post
Former World Champion Surikarn Chaidajsuriya did well this past weekend against some of the world's best with his D06 and other VBC cars. The event was round 3 of the Asian onroad Championship which features drivers from all over the eastern hemisphere.

Surikarn was TQ in modified with his D06 and earned a second place finish in the final behind Andy Moore.

If you do a Google search with Surikarn and Wildfire D06, you should be able to find an article and some pics.
http://gridworksracing.com/surikarn-...-championship/
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:11 PM   #1555
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

quick question, i just bought a used d06 with aluminum chassis. I noticed there is a little bit of kick up on the bumper mount area. Is that normal??? It makes the body post angled which is not very good….
tobyzhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:38 AM   #1556
DBM
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyzhang View Post
quick question, i just bought a used d06 with aluminum chassis. I noticed there is a little bit of kick up on the bumper mount area. Is that normal??? It makes the body post angled which is not very good….
Sounds like the previous owner had a hard crash with it. The aluminum chassis should not be bent up at the front. You can probably straighten it out in a bench vise.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:58 AM   #1557
Tech Adept

i had very bad experience with this car this weekend. a new steering block replaced on saturday, during sunday's race the upper uniball and the lower screw were ripped off and the wheel with block came of in a light contact with boards.....very disappointed by these plastics, too flexible and very weak threads. every run I have to measure droop and finally solve changing droop screws with larger ones. I never had to change so much pieces....
I hope new d07 plastics would be stronger...
NItrox416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:47 AM   #1558
DBM
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NItrox416 View Post
i had very bad experience with this car this weekend. a new steering block replaced on saturday, during sunday's race the upper uniball and the lower screw were ripped off and the wheel with block came of in a light contact with boards.....very disappointed by these plastics, too flexible and very weak threads. every run I have to measure droop and finally solve changing droop screws with larger ones. I never had to change so much pieces....
I hope new d07 plastics would be stronger...
I replaced my steering blocks and c-hubs with V2 parts. They seem much better than the kit parts. Ive had some good wrecks with them and they have held up well compared to the kit parts.
VBC now have V3 parts for the d07. I inquired on facebook a couple of weeks ago about the V3 parts in regards to how they are different than the V2 parts but have not yet received a reply. Hopefully someone here can answer.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #1559
DBM
Tech Addict

Double post

Last edited by DBM; 12-15-2014 at 09:59 AM. Reason: double post
Old 12-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #1560
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
I replaced my steering blocks and c-hubs with V2 parts. They seem much better than the kit parts. Ive had some good wrecks with them and they have held up well compared to the kit parts.
VBC now have V3 parts for the d07. I inquired on facebook a couple of weeks ago about the V3 parts in regards to how they are different than the V2 parts but have not yet received a reply. Hopefully someone here can answer.
WHOOPS!!!

I must have missed that one or forgot to respond.

Main difference with the new plastics is the material. It's much stiffer, yet still seems to give just enough for impact resistance. I haven't had any major hits yet, but maybe I should just take a whack at the wall on purpose for everyone's benefit :P

Other changes are in the tolerances and fits of the parts. you'll probably notice all the pins fit a little more snugly. You might need to ream them slightly, but I didn't find much use in doing it. they all broke in after 2 packs on the track and work excellent.

There was a mold revision to tighten up the fit of the droop screws. I will tell you, they are tight now.

We also added provision in the font arms for the upcoming active rear toe setup. Before, one would have to drill holes without proper location or support on the arm. We've added a dimple and a little extra material around an area where the user can properly drill a hole if they want to use the front arms in the back.

The rear hubs that come in the D07 have a "middle" hole between the two previous positions on the D05 and D06. They are also made with the harder material. Rear hub carriers in the previous geometry will also be available in the new, harder material very soon.

Hopefully that helps clarify a few things. Sorry I missed responding to that .

-Korey
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote