R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #1531
DBM
Tech Addict

Had a good night at practice with the D06. Tiny droop adjustments mane a big difference with this car. Found 0.3s per lap over my first outing. The car does have a bit of a tendency to over-rotate in the second half of the corner though. I'll try to get that sorted out next.
Another club member asked to drive my car, and he crashed it pretty hard a few times. It survived, so good to know that it is durable.
DBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:53 AM   #1532
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi everyone,

a friend of mine is selling is VBC D06 Dynamics edition (with aluminium chassis, a 2.5mm carbon chassis and a 2.25mm carbon chassis + other options) + a LOT of NIP parts (for about 400$) and some acessories.

As he doesn't speak English, I am the one to deal with for the sale. PM me if interested!

G-rem
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:10 PM   #1533
Tech Initiate

Selling: Qty. 5 VBC DO6 rolling chassis. Two of which have the aluminum Dynamic chassis on them, only having been run at iic. The carbon fiber chassis kits have been run on carpet and some asphalt. Spare parts included with them.
If you would like pictures of cars and parts please contact me at: phil@goodwineglass.com
I would like to sell all cars and parts as a package deal for $700.00.
Phil Goodwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #1534
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Goodwine View Post
Selling: Qty. 5 VBC DO6 rolling chassis. Two of which have the aluminum Dynamic chassis on them, only having been run at iic. The carbon fiber chassis kits have been run on carpet and some asphalt. Spare parts included with them.
If you would like pictures of cars and parts please contact me at: phil@goodwineglass.com
I would like to sell all cars and parts as a package deal for $700.00.
pics of Phils' stable of D06's
Attached Thumbnails
*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-d061.jpg   *NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-d062.jpeg  

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:41 PM   #1535
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
Got a race day in with the new towers. Car ran great. Need to get the long springs to get full use of the new tower though. But it really helped gain some up travel that I needed before. In the pics the forst is the new tower on top of the stock tower. In the second and third pics it shoes how much I had to run the spring up with stock and how far down with the Bezerk tower.

Hi, i notice that the long shock towers seem to have a slightly different shock mounting position. Care to comment. I would like to understand further before placing the order. Cause from your pictures it looks like i'll be missing 1 or 2 of the lowest shock mounting position from the long shock towers
Eazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #1536
DBM
Tech Addict

Race day # 2 in the books for my D06. The car was working good, and I posted a new personal best. Unfortunately I had a spool outdrive assplode in the main. Since I won't have a replacement in hand for this weeks practice or for next weekends race, I modded a spec-R gear diff to fit the front of the D06. I stuffed it with ear plug foam for shock absorption but to still be locked like a spool. This should get my by until replacement outdrives arrive.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #1537
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

It not missing the two lower holes, they are just shifted up. As of now it handles great. I got the towers due to running the car in VTA. The tire size allows for very little up travel when droop is properly set. I was bottoming out the shock before the chassis. This was causing some very weird handling characteristics. New tower, problem solved. It did take some tuning to dail it in. But it runs great now.
SMC - Motiv motors - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #1538
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Anyone have a good USGT setup for medium-low traction asphalt? Just looking for a good starting point.

It took me a while to get it where its at now but I know it could be better. It has a smaller tuning window than my X-Ray T4 and Tamiya. I'll post my current setup later tonight.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #1539
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Anyone have a good USGT setup for medium-low traction asphalt? Just looking for a good starting point.

It took me a while to get it where its at now but I know it could be better. It has a smaller tuning window than my X-Ray T4 and Tamiya. I'll post my current setup later tonight.
This is what I run in my D06 USGT car:

The setup on this page:
http://gridworksracing.com/vbc-racin...-setup-sheets/

titled:
GRIDWORKS RACING 17.5, 13.5, 10.5 AGGRESSIVE WILDFIRE D06 ASPHALT SETUP (ADDED 1/6/2014)

I also run narrow 4mm wide hexs
Old 11-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #1540
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The Australian National titles were held over the weekend in Canberra.
My 12 year old son, Dean, came 4th in the 21.5 class driving the D06 with a flex chassis.
It was the fastest car out there, but we were chasing setup during a rain shortened qualifying sessions and the finals to get a better consistency.

For anyone running on low grip surfaces, the flex chassis is a good option to try.
Fredp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:40 PM   #1541
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Raceberry D06 Shock Towers For Sale

Raceberry Shock towers for running Yokomo and HPI springs
Old 11-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #1542
Tech Addict

Default rear suspension blocks

Picked up a do6 about a week ago. Going through setup. i notice that when i went from a E25 on rr with C0 blocks on the FR i have -3 degrees on left rear and -4 on right rear. I went back and put on the E25 and both sides are - 2.5 degrees of toe in on hudy setup gages. New chassis new rear arms and uprights. I had to loosen the suspension blocks a little and tweak in some the right suspension arm and tighten the screws in order to get -3 degrees on R/R. Does anyone know what cause this? Maybe just a bad E30 block? Help please
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #1543
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
Picked up a do6 about a week ago. Going through setup. i notice that when i went from a E25 on rr with C0 blocks on the FR i have -3 degrees on left rear and -4 on right rear. I went back and put on the E25 and both sides are - 2.5 degrees of toe in on hudy setup gages. New chassis new rear arms and uprights. I had to loosen the suspension blocks a little and tweak in some and tighten the screws in order to get -3 degrees on R/R. Does anyone know what cause this? Maybe just a bad E30 block? Help please
Most of the time, it's in the rear hubs, which is why the EMF Factory aluminum rear hubs exist.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #1544
DBM
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing View Post
Most of the time, it's in the rear hubs, which is why the EMF Factory aluminum rear hubs exist.
The RR on my car also had significantly more toe than the LR. I have EMR hubs on the way. I'll measure again once I install them to see if that corrects the problem. Hopefully they will be here in the next couple of days.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #1545
Tech Master

Well I spent last night installing the Smokem 2.0mm chassis and topdeck on my D06. Quality is top notch. There are other holes around the Layshaft/motormount that look like you could mount a BD7 motormount or maybe the new D07 mount. Anyone that has one of these know what fits?