Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

normally Lucas urbain and Olivier Bultynck would come, but Lucas starting at a new job and Olivier and his girlfriend expecting their first child any time soon
Old 09-22-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by patorz31
To those that have run the Aluminum Chassis on carpet, is it that much better than the stock Graphite? The stock chassis is pretty thick and stiff, so I was wondering what the improvement was.
I've run the car 3 weekends with the aluminum chassis.
On medium grip carpet with a soft Gravity tire the car was awesome.

I did switch to the cf chassis and the only noticeable difference was that the aluminum chassis was smoother in the higher speed sections....meaning less twitchy.
Lap times were the same with both.

I could see the aluminum being a big advantage at a high bite race, if not a big advantage at least it would be a great tuning aid.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What body are people using for the DO6 on carpet? I've used the GX in the past and loved it, but just wanted to get others opinion.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadB.
What body are people using for the DO6 on carpet? I've used the GX in the past and loved it, but just wanted to get others opinion.
Mazda speed 6 is popular in my area.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

does anyone have a setup for carpet? I went to TQ to practice for IIC and the car was pretty good. I was on pace with the locals, and I could tell the car still had more in it. I was running the mazda speed 6, it seemed like the rear end was locked in too much and no matter what I changed it was still strapped and wouldnt rotate. I have a LTC body that was painted up for IIC so im thinking that might help. I was looking at setups on the VBC website and also on Petitrc and they seem to be all over the place. From 45wt oil to 60.. no camber link shims to 2mm.. seems like the only constant is .5mm roll center shims all the way around and a mazda body. Thinking about going next week. I can post my setup after that and see how it compares. Just trying to get an idea as to what to change since carpet is a different animal than asphalt. Thanks yall
Old 09-24-2014, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WEEZY
does anyone have a setup for carpet? I went to TQ to practice for IIC and the car was pretty good. I was on pace with the locals, and I could tell the car still had more in it. I was running the mazda speed 6, it seemed like the rear end was locked in too much and no matter what I changed it was still strapped and wouldnt rotate. I have a LTC body that was painted up for IIC so im thinking that might help. I was looking at setups on the VBC website and also on Petitrc and they seem to be all over the place. From 45wt oil to 60.. no camber link shims to 2mm.. seems like the only constant is .5mm roll center shims all the way around and a mazda body. Thinking about going next week. I can post my setup after that and see how it compares. Just trying to get an idea as to what to change since carpet is a different animal than asphalt. Thanks yall
What motor?

Are you sanding down the steering block nubs and running full steering throw? How much are you doping of the fronts?

Depending on where you want the car to rotate, you can try the following:
- Lighter R diff fluid
- High roll center in the rear (1 mm shims under the blocks instead of 0.5 mm, for instance)
- Lay rear shocks down
- Stand front shocks up

Just some stuff to try, if nothing else.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
What motor?

Are you sanding down the steering block nubs and running full steering throw? How much are you doping of the fronts?

Depending on where you want the car to rotate, you can try the following:
- Lighter R diff fluid
- High roll center in the rear (1 mm shims under the blocks instead of 0.5 mm, for instance)
- Lay rear shocks down
- Stand front shocks up

Just some stuff to try, if nothing else.
Steering blocks have been sanded down, started at full front ended up going to 1/2 sauce up front was just to twitchy with full sauce.

running 1k in the rear
shocks were layed down in the rear felt better.

I also messed with droop as well as short link and toe but it seemed to lock it in more. Will try the 1mm in the front, was thinking that was part of the reason it was rolling but i have no idea about carpet. lol
Old 09-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Chad,

The Gx would be good when grip is lower, but as grip comes up it will probably get a little too twitchy upon entry, and stuck through the rest of the corner. We like the Speed6 mainly because it maintains a good balance, as also has a little less downforce to free the car up as grip comes up.

-Korey
Old 09-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WEEZY
It's funny, my car has been the opposite lately on our current spec tire our club uses haha!

1K rear fluid will get you some initial low speed steering, but increasing the viscosity of the rear diff fluid will help free up the can on power for sure. I usually don't run anything under 2K on carpet. Generally I'm between 2K and 5K fluid.

In the past I always used 3 hole pistons, and AE 45 front, AE 40 rear as a starting point for oils with VBC TBB Orange springs up front, and VBC TBB Red springs in the rear. Shims under inside of camber links, generally 1.0-1.5 depending on grip levels. Swaybars, white front and green rear. I generally always start with 0.5mm shims under all the suspension blocks.

This works really well if using Solaris Mediums, and the older sweep qts32's and Jaco Blues. The current batch of 32's is a lot different in my opinion, and requires a different setup (usually looking for rear traction and stability). I have not run the recent batch of Gravity tires, so I wouldnt be able to tell you what they are like.

Hope that helps a little bit.

-Korey
Old 09-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wel what is my trick when the back is loose is use a flex and standard topdeck, so my topdeck is 3.6mm, this helpt me already a few times, wourd the try
Old 09-24-2014, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Mazda speed 6 is popular in my area.
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Hi Chad,

The Gx would be good when grip is lower, but as grip comes up it will probably get a little too twitchy upon entry, and stuck through the rest of the corner. We like the Speed6 mainly because it maintains a good balance, as also has a little less downforce to free the car up as grip comes up.

-Korey
Thanks for the reply.

Has anyone tried the Blitz bodies on carpet? Any thoughts on this?
Old 09-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply.

Has anyone tried the Blitz bodies on carpet? Any thoughts on this?
One of our customers has been running the body and left a review on our site HERE

I've personally been running the GSF and TSX on asphalt and have been happy with both under different circumstances.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The Blitz 0.5mm GSF body is the shizzle for asphalt stock racing. 65 grams painted and finished. 3 races on it so far and no rips or tears. *knock on wood*
Old 09-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
The Blitz 0.5mm GSF body is the shizzle for asphalt stock racing. 65 grams painted and finished. 3 races on it so far and no rips or tears. *knock on wood*
Agreed, I run both the .5 GSF and TSX. These bodies are definitely not as durable as the .7 and .8mm and will flex at speed if foam bumper extensions aren't used. The upside however is that they are extremely lightweight and are a simple and inexpensive way to shed a significant amount of weight while reducing CG.

The difference between a .5mm Blitz and a Lightweight (.7mm) body is ∼25 grams.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dan
Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing
Agreed, I run both the .5 GSF and TSX. These bodies are definitely not as durable as the .7 and .8mm and will flex at speed if foam bumper extensions aren't used. The upside however is that they are extremely lightweight and are a simple and inexpensive way to shed a significant amount of weight while reducing CG.

The difference between a .5mm Blitz and a Lightweight (.7mm) body is ∼25 grams.
Thanks for your help guys. I will have to give this body a try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.