Wiki Posts
Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New alloy chassis released for D06
Attached Thumbnails *NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-img_202824108849490.jpeg  
Old 05-31-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lycan
I know some makes are bringing them out on the car, after 42 years in the A/C industry metal takes so much force before it stays bent, had a guy at the Australian NSW Titles last week in a serpent clipped a piece of concrete which was a part of the track and it has been rippled the chassis, and he told me it was not a hard hit.

Yes I know a hit on the carbon fibre if hard enough will split the chassis. I would advise anyone too carry a standard one in the box just in case it happens during a race. The guy did say the metal one did give some better consistency.

Noel
Old 05-31-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Lycan
Do you run upper deck on asphalt?
Old 05-31-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Richards Racing
I come from just north of Sydney Australia and race Friday nights at Castlehill in Sydney the surface is painted concrete low grip and some bumps attached is a youtube shot of the track. I run what we call sportsman which is 21.5 blinky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYU94C1_xHc

Can anyone give me some hints on setup for this surface.

I will say I have built several makes Tamiya - HPI/Hot Bodies and Photon EX and I would say the D06 would have to be the best in build as to very little shimming when I have been use to a lot off shimming.

Noel
Hi Noel,

I'm looking at getting the boys a new car. The D06 is on the short list.

Just seeing if you managed to get a setup to work on the surface at castle hill?
How would you compare the d06 to the old car?
Thanks
Fred
Old 05-31-2014, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BigCheezy
Do you run upper deck on asphalt?
Definitely.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JayL
You are welcome for me pitting next to you
Old 06-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference in the 05 and 06 chassis. I have an 05 and want th aluminum. If its only the battery mount holes that are different then im in..
Old 06-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by theproffesor
I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference in the 05 and 06 chassis. I have an 05 and want th aluminum. If its only the battery mount holes that are different then im in..
The metal chassis will not work with the D05 or the Ghost cars. There are a lot of differences between the cars(bulkheads, motor mounts,)
Old 06-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fredp1
Hi Noel,

I'm looking at getting the boys a new car. The D06 is on the short list.

Just seeing if you managed to get a setup to work on the surface at castle hill?
How would you compare the d06 to the old car?
Thanks
Fred
The car is a great the build is great have got it going. it's about .2 behind Graham Steve and Greg which is because off me learning not to over drive it.

I still like my EX but Highly recommend the D06 to anyone who is looking for a new car.

Noel
Old 06-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default D05 D06 Aluminium chassis and general D06 fan

Originally Posted by theproffesor

Bezerk RC - https://www.facebook.com/BezerkRc

Any road chassis $80 Australian. Plus freight. Any weave/thickness carbon or spec aluminium.

I just used a Bezerk 2.2 (or thereabouts) stiff weave carbon chassis and standard thickness 45deg. weave top deck yesterday at Adrenalin-Arena/SERCCC here in Meolbourne - host of the Asian On Road Champ round in July. Promoted by none other than Scotty Ernst.

I did a PB- TQ and won using my blinky- I'd only also just put the car on a crash diet on Saturday and dropped the weight from about 1415g down to 1358g - The Bezerk "stiff" chassis was about 10g ligther than standard from memory. The top deck is similar shape to a D05 near the front bulkheads so in an attempt of reducing flex too. That's what I wanted for our track. The spur pulley edges on the topdeck need about 3-4 light chamfer passes on the bottom with a file just to take the edge off. Deliberately ordered that way for extra material and stiffness. If left unfiled the carbon/pulley only just touch and would take a lap or two to clean themselves up.

With the modded chassis and top deck the car had some slight initial flex but went really stiff/solid. It made the car very consistent and precise and I'd had only 4 hours sleep! My results and times reflected how much of an improvement it drove. The original standard chassis has been raced since new in August. 2-3 times a week since January!

I actually saw a prototype VBC team aluminium chassis at the track on friday night. I heard it hooked up and was great.

Bezerk R/C already has files to convert your wildfire into a d06 layout by moving the motor/spur mounts forward (using a vbc/xray/yoko rear belt) and new shock towers if you'd like. The owner of http://www.rabhobbies.com.au/estore/...cturers_id=515 actually still runs a very competitive D05-D06 hybrid as does another club member. They both say the car is excellent and technically a D06 aside from different shaped bulkheads and centre post.

I heard a Bezerk forward d05 chassis was sent to the owners of VBC and used in development of the D06.

FYI - I wouldn't recommend an aluminium chassis on anything but a high grip track - It will obviously require modification to your setup. I recommend trying a stiff weave carbon chassis. I can post my setup if anyone is interested.

PS my first real car was a 13 T4 but I bought my D06 from a local racer in November 2013 and raced it in 21.5 blinky - I immediately found it better to drive,setup and aesthetically that I sold the Xray. The D06 is just as tough as Xray and comes with some great features. I especially liked the larger range of gearing that can be fitted for blinky classes and the ease of belt adjustment. That sucked on the Xray. Come to think of it, 3 screw mounted solid alloy floating servo mount, double front joints included, thicker/stronger towers etc. are all great features over other brands let alone the affordability.

I placed 3rd in the state titles a few months ago (2nd went to a D06 too) driving has improved since then. With all the racing I have only just changed chassis, rebuilt diff and new bearings. I've kept all the parts as spares as they are still usable.

Great car
Old 06-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We have added Randy Caster's 2014 Reedy Open Modified Setup to our Website. Click the image below to check it out:

Old 06-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

what do the Gridworks sway bar links look like?
Old 06-03-2014, 01:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Found a couple pics of my car using the Gridworks RC links.
Attached Thumbnails *NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-image.jpg  
Old 06-03-2014, 01:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Apparently when posting from an iPad you can only post one picture at a time.
Attached Thumbnails *NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-image.jpg  
Old 06-03-2014, 02:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

are those washers glued onto the steering knuckle?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.