Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=
I didn't have any trouble with the arms, but one of the composite spool cups included were not molded well, causing the front suspension to bind. Luckily, I had purchased spares, which work great (and are very durable even in mod sedan!).
:[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I forgot about this. Both my brother and I had the same issue with one spool cup each. We also had already purchased spares. So I can't give it the "as good as Xray" quality stamp but nobody gets that stamp. That being said there are many things on the D06 that are better than Xray or anyone else for that matter IMHO.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

My spare car for sale:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...nip-parts.html
Old 03-21-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
Hmm, I forgot about this. Both my brother and I had the same issue with one spool cup each. We also had already purchased spares. So I can't give it the "as good as Xray" quality stamp but nobody gets that stamp. That being said there are many things on the D06 that are better than Xray or anyone else for that matter IMHO.
Did you guys notify the dealers from whom you purchased your cars of these issues? This can really help accelerate solutions.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VBC Racing Shop
Did you guys notify the dealers from whom you purchased your cars of these issues? This can really help accelerate solutions.
No need really. It was so minor and with those parts being somewhat consumable, you need spares on hand anyway. No car is perfect.

It took me several years to find what I was looking for in a belt chassis and VBC did the best job it.

My only concern is how well the Awesomatix chassis is doing. It's looking like we will need manufactures to respond to this threat - and soon in my opinion. I don't want an Awesomatix for a variety of reason but I don't want to lose to one either.

I was daydreaming of how sick a VBC shaft drive chassis with rotary shocks would look with their style of execution.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VBC Racing Shop
I let the factory drivers at our track (Dave and Korey) know, but I didn't let the dealer know. I got the kit from Timezone Hobbies here in the US.

Hope that helps!

Peace,
Sam
Old 03-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
This is one of the things I have yet to try, but after reading your post Sam, I figured I should give it a go. Dave Ehrlich has been running longer springs for a while and seems to really like it. We threw some on my car on a test day recently and I found the car just smoother and easier to drive.

For myself, I trimmed EXACTLY 2mm off the shock bottoms so I can lower the spring perch. This allows me to use longer springs with ease. The only potential problem I see doing it this way is 2mm is a lot. It doesn't leave a ton of material for the threads to bite into, so I'll report back if anything weird happens. I'm going with the trusty Yokomo Pink/Blue combo that has worked so well on other cars in the past. So far I've mainly just stuck with the kit TBB Orange Fronts and Red Rears that come in the kit.

Other Team Drivers have reported that using VBC Racing A-03-VBC-0086 Aluminium spring retainers and A-03-VBC-0066 Shock bottom connectors are also a way to do it. From what I understand, the older style aluminum retainers let the spring sit a little lower. Unfortunately, the diameter of the older shock bottoms is different than the TBB shocks from the D06. That is why the A-03-0066 shock bottoms are needed. They also still need to be trimmed, but I don't think quite as much (1.5mm instead of 2mm).

-Korey
I'll have to try that modification! I just threw on the Xray springs without any changes except for the ride height. It just barely works. I don't have any Yokomo springs, though. Just the Xray, HPI and VBC (full sets).

Always something new to try haha!

See you Saturday!
Old 03-21-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

anyone have the setup sheets from these guys?

http://www.redrc.net/2014/03/sarda-2...rt/#more-78842
Old 03-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
No need really. It was so minor and with those parts being somewhat consumable, you need spares on hand anyway. No car is perfect.

It took me several years to find what I was looking for in a belt chassis and VBC did the best job it.

My only concern is how well the Awesomatix chassis is doing. It's looking like we will need manufactures to respond to this threat - and soon in my opinion. I don't want an Awesomatix for a variety of reason but I don't want to lose to one either.

I was daydreaming of how sick a VBC shaft drive chassis with rotary shocks would look with their style of execution.
That shaft driven drivetrain is worth daydreaming about.
When coasting the shaft and attached gear(s) have their own inertia and theoretically one can give just enough throttle that no bevel gears will touch the differentials. In a belt drive, the belt has to touch the diff gears all the time.

Yes I also agree VBC D06 has some neat features that I really appreciate.
To list a few...
1. I can mount rear body posts on the front of the shock tower and wrenching it is much easier than when the posts are behind the shock tower.
2. The hole in the bottom chassis for the access to the pinion set screw is
In the perfect location.
3. The eccentric belt tension adjusting can be done with out taking the top deck.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Samwise
I'll have to try that modification! I just threw on the Xray springs without any changes except for the ride height. It just barely works. I don't have any Yokomo springs, though. Just the Xray, HPI and VBC (full sets).

Always something new to try haha!

See you Saturday!
The Yokomo springs are even longer, so unless you really like 7mm ride height, these things need to be done. :P
Old 03-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The Yokomo springs are even longer, so unless you really like 7mm ride height, these things need to be done. :P
Hmmmm very tempting.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

7mm ride height, or the fact that Dave and I feel you should get a VBC
Old 03-21-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

7mm ride height, or the fact that Dave and I feel you should get a VBC
Well I msg'd him wanting to see about the new f1, but he hasnt replied to me lately. And when is the d07 expected?
Old 03-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

The new F1 should be hitting stores in the US next week. We'll both have them. D07, I have no idea of any plans for a new TC just yet.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by inpuressa

Last edited by Pampoen; 03-22-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by inpuressa

redrc.net/2014/03/sarda-2014-on-road-nationals-report/#more-78842
Hi, i have uploaded my setup sheet for modified. If you like i can upload my other car setup sheet aswell( 13.5 boosted)?

Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails *NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-image.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.