Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
interesting........
Hey Chris, you racing again? Good to see you ditched that slogan you had in your sig about not racing anymore.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It seems that a lot of guys are beginning to get the onroad itch again. It would be nice to see Hebiki out again, especially running the D06, haha.

The team drivers are beginning to get really fast with the new car. Andrew Knapp has been running mod with his and beat Paul Lemieux. The crazy thing is that he's still getting faster.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The D06 looks great, how wide is the main chassis?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Just a quick note to let you know an editable setup sheet is available on petit.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ALBOP
The D06 looks great, how wide is the main chassis?
Great question!

The Wildfire D06 chassis at its widest point is 85mm and narrows slightly to 84.5mm.

We also have the editable VBC Racing setup sheets as well.

Last edited by Gridworks Racing; 08-19-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When do you expect to have a complete listing of all the spare parts for the DO6 on your web site ?
Thanks.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Is crc going to be carrying the VBC line still?? Don't see the do6 on their site.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jag88
When do you expect to have a complete listing of all the spare parts for the DO6 on your web site ?
Thanks.
Hi, we actually opened up earlier than planned due to the release of the Wildfire D06.

I lost a family member two days ago, so considering the circumstances, I am going to plug along as much as I can so we can get all of these products added for you. Hopefully we will have most products on the site by Monday.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Is crc going to be carrying the VBC line still?? Don't see the do6 on their site.
I don't think so, but I'm not 100%
Old 08-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
Hey Chris, you racing again? Good to see you ditched that slogan you had in your sig about not racing anymore.
Paco, nah... as much as I want to.. just too busy with my kids and work. Might do a Speedtech GCR here and there...
Old 08-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VBC Racing Shop
It seems that a lot of guys are beginning to get the onroad itch again. It would be nice to see Hebiki out again, especially running the D06, haha.

The team drivers are beginning to get really fast with the new car. Andrew Knapp has been running mod with his and beat Paul Lemieux. The crazy thing is that he's still getting faster.
So you are going to tell the real story? Paul was over .4 of lap faster... While I agree that Andrew is getting better, let's remember this is the first year he has really put a lot of time into working with mod.... Agreed he is getting faster, no question. Look I'm not saying that the VBC car is not good, you come here and only tell half the story.... Paul lost steering in the main, he was up almost a lap, I'm was the TM that turn off the car and back on which he got steering back... That was after trying to figure out if something else happened... He lost 2 laps to Andrew....
Old 08-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VBC Racing Shop
Great question!

The Wildfire D06 chassis at its widest point is 85mm and narrows slightly to 84.5mm.

We also have the editable VBC Racing setup sheets as well.
Perfect, I appreciate you posting back so quickly. I really like the new website as well.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
So you are going to tell the real story? Paul was over .4 of lap faster... While I agree that Andrew is getting better, let's remember this is the first year he has really put a lot of time into working with mod.... Agreed he is getting faster, no question. Look I'm not saying that the VBC car is not good, you come here and only tell half the story.... Paul lost steering in the main, he was up almost a lap, I'm was the TM that turn off the car and back on which he got steering back... That was after trying to figure out if something else happened... He lost 2 laps to Andrew....
Haha wow, how do Paul's nuts taste?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
Haha wow, how do Paul's nuts taste?
Always nice to hear from you boys from CO... Always enjoy the commentary your group can bring to party...
Old 08-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default VBC D06 Open box experience and build

We in Hong Kong already had them in hobby shops last Friday. Got mine on Monday. I know that some local drivers already assembled their D06s, and the response generally good, except for some missing parts. Here's some of the photos of mine from open box to building the first few steps.

Open box: I could say this is one of the best packaging model there is. The quality of printing on the box is very attractive, and I have to say the photo looks more sexy than the build up sample that I saw at the model shop. Inside parts are neatly packaged into small bags with labels relative to the step number in the instructions, except for screws and bearings which are in separate bags. Inside there is even a cloth bag with Wildfire D06 logo embroidered on it! The bag is very neat!

The chassis already had the motor mount, bulkheads and the upper deck screwed on. Had to take them off in order to prep the graphite chassis and the upper deck. The finishing on these metal parts are of high quality.

After prepping the graphite parts, first to build is the rear diff. The plastic are carbon impregnated, and I found the fitting very good. The o rings are of a very soft type white in colour, which I found offer very good sealing. Parts fitted nicely together. The diff is smooth after assemble.

Then it comes to putting the bulkheads back onto the chassis, and then the assembly of the steering column. The instruction said to use two 3X6 screws to connect the steering plate to the arm with loctite. I replace these with two 3X10 screws which goes more deeper into the arms and enable me to really tight these screws without preloading the bearings.

Call it a night after putting the steering column onto the chassis. Let me know if you are interested in seeing more of my assembly
Attached Thumbnails *NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-img_4830_s.jpg   *NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-img_4831_s.jpg   *NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-img_4832_s.jpg   *NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-img_4834_s.jpg   *NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-img_4877_s.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.