Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Having a weird issue with the car not tracking straight. servo is centered, links are even, camber toe are even across all wheels and I need to put a ton of trim in to make it steer straight. Once trimmed it's perfect.

Any ideas what could be the issue?
Old 10-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Photocycler
Having a weird issue with the car not tracking straight. servo is centered, links are even, camber toe are even across all wheels and I need to put a ton of trim in to make it steer straight. Once trimmed it's perfect.

Is your servo on it's last legs?
Old 10-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Check to make sure your suspension is not tweaked. If you don't have a good balance, it will do weird things. Also, make sure your steering links are even and everything is centered.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The servo has had some good hits but doesn't appear broken.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

So I'm looking to get into onroad and I just built the VBC firebolt for offroad and was very impressed with the part and build quality.

My local track seems to be pretty heavy with XRay and are strongly recommending that route for a new onroad racer.

Can anyone make a compelling argument to go with VBC?
Old 10-10-2014, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
I hope there will be an evolution kit for d06
Old 10-11-2014, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by Barge
So I'm looking to get into onroad and I just built the VBC firebolt for offroad and was very impressed with the part and build quality.

My local track seems to be pretty heavy with XRay and are strongly recommending that route for a new onroad racer.

The VBC will come with a lot of options that the Xray will not, and still come in cheaper.
Aluminum and CF chassis
Front double joint cvd's
All springs and swaybars.

I've run this car 4 weekends and raced against some decent competition, it is every bit as capable on the track as any other car on the market.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Check your bearings, one of them can be on the way out.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barge

Ive had all 3 VBC cars and they all run great. Since they upgraded their arms and hubs to the V2, these cars are tanks.

I have the Dynamics 06 now and love it. There are only 2 or 3 option parts that dont come in the kit. You have everything you need to tune your car. Pistons, springs, swaybars and even toe blocks. I liked the included ESC drives so much I bought a set for my ghost.

Now the 07 coming out and you not having a car yet your in a pretty good spot. You could go ahead and get an 06 now and have a great csr at a bargain price. Or you could wait. If you wait your options open up pretty good. A brand new 07, a brand new, probably slightly priced reduced 06, or a good used 06 with lots of goodies for a real good price because the seller wants a new 07.

Its all up to you.

Speaking of the 07, I'll give it until Monday for an "official" thread to start. After that I might just start one myself. Got to get the media buzz going like the overpriced xray and the very underwhelming Pro-5
Old 10-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Ran mine last night with the aluminum chassis. All i can say is awesome. It didn't react like i thought it would. I ran the kit setup and it was ok, i ran it with a really stiff spring (RSD Orange and Blues) setup and it picked a half second per lap over the graphite. Well worth the price of admission.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:57 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by patorz31
Ran mine last night with the aluminum chassis. All i can say is awesome. It didn't react like i thought it would. I ran the kit setup and it was ok, i ran it with a really stiff spring (RSD Orange and Blues) setup and it picked a half second per lap over the graphite. Well worth the price of admission.
Thanks for the feedback on the aluminum chassis vs the Graphite. I've been thinking of picking up the d06 dynamics, but saw some used d06's for sale for decent prices. However, the used ones do not include the aluminum chassis. :/

I
Old 10-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

I bought the aluminum chassis for mine. I have had my D06 for almost a year. I was a early adopter. I love this car, i moved over from a Xray T4, and i don't miss it.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If you are running the plastic spool cups, make sure you have ground the ends of your pins and rounded them smooth. The stock pins with the sharp square edges can bind a bit in the spool cups and cause the car to track funny. Also check the spool cups to make sure they are not gouged and binding.

I have moved to the hardened steel spool cups and they work great. I do however like the plastic ones but you have to check them.

We are trying to get more of the aluminum chassis in stock as many seem to want to try them.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patorz31
What kind of track surface did you run on and what motor size did you run?
Thanks
Old 10-12-2014, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fredp1
What kind of track surface did you run on and what motor size did you run?
Thanks
90x60 crc carpet with medium grip. I was running 17.5 tc stock with sorex 28s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.