*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

You're on Page 9 of 111
Go to
  • Quote: Hey guys, when are you all planning to race your new D06 cars?
    Had a good test yesterday. Will be in Seattle with a small fleet of them for their season opener Saturday.
  • That's awesome. I am racing Saturday as well and look forward to seeing more of these new cars on the track.
  • Not sure if this was said or asked, but can you fit the D06 shock towers on the D05?
  • Hey...just out of curiosity, did anyone else get a kit that contained 4 front arms and no rear arms rather than 2 fronts and 2 rears? I know myself and at least one other guy local to me had this issue with our kits!

EDIT: I forgot to add that, other than the all-front-arm issue, I'm really happy with the way this kit is going together!

Cheers,
    Mike
  • Quote: Not sure if this was said or asked, but can you fit the D06 shock towers on the D05?
    Yes the D06 shock tower will fit on the older car.
  • Quote: Hey...just out of curiosity, did anyone else get a kit that contained 4 front arms and no rear arms rather than 2 fronts and 2 rears? I know myself and at least one other guy local to me had this issue with our kits!

Cheers,
    Mike
    Mike yes there were a few kits that had this problem. VBC is working with distributors to make sure it gets corrected quickly. If your kit had this problem we will send you the correct arms. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Quote: Yes the D06 shock tower will fit on the older car.

Thanks Dave
  • Haven't seen this car in person yet, are the plastics still the grey color or black?? Also are the sway bars interchangeable between the O5 and 06??
  • Quote: Hey...just out of curiosity, did anyone else get a kit that contained 4 front arms and no rear arms rather than 2 fronts and 2 rears? I know myself and at least one other guy local to me had this issue with our kits!

EDIT: I forgot to add that, other than the all-front-arm issue, I'm really happy with the way this kit is going together!

Cheers,
    Mike
    Hey Mike, There's 3 of us that had the same problem, Al did too. Annie is going to make sure this is not a problem with our next shipment of kits shipping this week.
  • Quote: Mike yes there were a few kits that had this problem. VBC is working with distributors to make sure it gets corrected quickly. If your kit had this problem we will send you the correct arms. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    No worries...I had a spare set of arms so I just used the rears from that...it was more of a curiosity question than anything else . My local hobbyshop is going to contact APS and I have no doubt it'll get taken care of.

Cheers,
    Mike
  • Quote: Haven't seen this car in person yet, are the plastics still the grey color or black?? Also are the sway bars interchangeable between the O5 and 06??
    The plastic is a darker grey than before and they use the same sway bars.
  • Quote: The plastic is a darker grey than before and they use the same sway bars.
    Cool thanks.
  • Quote: Haven't seen this car in person yet, are the plastics still the grey color or black?? Also are the sway bars interchangeable between the O5 and 06??
    There were also some photos posted on page 7 in case you missed them.
  • Kit came in the mail today and I just cracked it open. I haven't starting building yet but at a glance I can see the quality. I'm quite sure I will enjoy this build immensely.
  • Quote: Kit came in the mail today and I just cracked it open. I haven't starting building yet but at a glance I can see the quality. I'm quite sure I will enjoy this build immensely.
    It is definitely a great build and is very easy, especially if you are coming from the D05 Wildfire.

The details of this car are really appreciated. I can't wait to race mine tomorrow.