Wiki Posts
Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing
I was under the impression that the white shocks parts set was for the Ghost, which has the Wildfire D05 style shocks.
When I ordered it, it was under the option parts for the D06 and I made sure befor I ordered it so I was thinking it was for the D06 as I got all the option part from the vbcracing.com so I assumed it was for it.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big White
When I ordered it, it was under the option parts for the D06 and I made sure befor I ordered it so I was thinking it was for the D06 as I got all the option part from the vbcracing.com so I assumed it was for it.
The white parts were originally produced for the Ghost, and most are cross compatible with the D06. Looking at the photo of the white shocks parts set, the shock cap, spring retainer and pistons do not resemble those found on the D06 shocks.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing
The white parts were originally produced for the Ghost, and most are cross compatible with the D06. Looking at the photo of the white shocks parts set, the shock cap, spring retainer and pistons do not resemble those found on the D06 shocks.
fair enough but just wish that they wouldnt have put it under the D06 hop up parts if they dont go with it. ya knnow? I get most are cross over but not that part lol. But any way the car seems awesome and cant wait to run it. Just have to get a few more screws.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I to bought the white shock parts to find out thy did not fit, ty are listed on de vbc site under d06 option parts. had some plastic broke after a race incident. to bad you can't find the plastic in a set for the shocks
Old 08-11-2014, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

URL=http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/Bronson_Priebe/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140808_104122_zpslcoxl5d_edit_1407618226612_zpsv 7kffub3.jpg.html][/URL]

One next the Ghost pulling USGT duty.

Build went together pretty good. A couple hiccups but those were corrected pretty quickly. I cant wait to get this thing on the rug.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

First time running the car this weekend, I have to say I am very impressed with the car. I just have to get the car to rotate just a tad more and the car should be good to go. Defiantly glad I made the choice to get the VBC over the other cars I was looking at. Can’t wait to see what it’s like on carpet.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sorry for the hijack but I have a D06 for sale. Please check it out.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...06-spares.html
Old 08-14-2014, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New things to test this weekend
We expect very low grip so maby this will be the ticket.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
URL=http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/Bronson_Priebe/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140808_104122_zpslcoxl5d_edit_1407618226612_zpsv 7kffub3.jpg.html][/URL]

One next the Ghost pulling USGT duty.

Build went together pretty good. A couple hiccups but those were corrected pretty quickly. I cant wait to get this thing on the rug.

theproffesor - how does teh ghost compare to the wildfire. I'm wondering if their are any advantages for VTA/USGT to run the Ghost over the Wildfire
Old 08-15-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Photocycler
theproffesor - how does teh ghost compare to the wildfire. I'm wondering if their are any advantages for VTA/USGT to run the Ghost over the Wildfire
There are a few things different on the Ghost, as it is heavily based on the original Wildfire platform.

1.) Longer shocks/Taller Towers - This generally creates more available pack in the shock, and increases traction sometimes.

2.) Fiberglass chassis = The chassis is actually pretty rigid. Its stiffer than my 2.25 lower chassis combined with the 2.0mm topdeck on my D06. All I knwo is it works really well!

3.) Slightly different weight distribution. The motor is placed further back in the car, moving the weight to a bit. This helps with initial steering into the corner and makes the car feel more agile.

It's a platform designed to accel in VTA, but I suspect it would be a killer car in 17.5 Touring car as well. I have not had to opportunity to test it in that manner though.

-Korey
Old 08-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
There are a few things different on the Ghost, as it is heavily based on the original Wildfire platform.

1.) Longer shocks/Taller Towers - This generally creates more available pack in the shock, and increases traction sometimes.

2.) Fiberglass chassis = The chassis is actually pretty rigid. Its stiffer than my 2.25 lower chassis combined with the 2.0mm topdeck on my D06. All I knwo is it works really well!

3.) Slightly different weight distribution. The motor is placed further back in the car, moving the weight to a bit. This helps with initial steering into the corner and makes the car feel more agile.

It's a platform designed to accel in VTA, but I suspect it would be a killer car in 17.5 Touring car as well. I have not had to opportunity to test it in that manner though.

-Korey
Thx Korey - I was originally thinking I would switch over my Wildfire for VTA and switch back and forth with running VTA/17.5 blink. Sounds like there may be reason to get a Ghost for VTA
Old 08-15-2014, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Photocycler
Thx Korey - I was originally thinking I would switch over my Wildfire for VTA and switch back and forth with running VTA/17.5 blink. Sounds like there may be reason to get a Ghost for VTA
Go take a look at Mark Day's car. His is a bone stock Ghost other than an aluminum steering rack. The car has been excellent every time I've seen it on the track.

-Korey
Old 08-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

There are only 2 real upgrades for the Ghost I have. A carbon upper deck, only because the stocknone broke and the stock one was impossible to get, and the sterring rack. I have the D05/06 rack now, but at first I just upgraded the stock one with bearings. It worked great. I have a bunch of stuff posted on the Ghost thread. The other good thing is its a bit heavier with the FRP material, so making weight in the VTA/ GT classes is easier without finding space to put it all.

The shock towers on thw Ghost fall between the taller towers of the 05 and the shorter ones of the 06. As far as handling, my ghost was awesome in VTA and USVTA. I just wanted to get a new kit and try a different chassis. If your running on carpet let me know, I have a killer set-up for med-high bite
Old 08-16-2014, 12:10 AM
frk
Tech Rookie

Hi guys
a question to all owners of the D06. I have a HB TCXX, now I'd like to buy a vbc. Someone tells me that a Xray is better because "turns more round". What about the ability of steering? I read that to get more steering you must cut a small plastic part of steering blocks...Your impressions of how the model turns?
Thank you

Last edited by frk; 08-16-2014 at 06:18 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
There are only 2 real upgrades for the Ghost I have. A carbon upper deck, only because the stocknone broke and the stock one was impossible to get, and the sterring rack. I have the D05/06 rack now, but at first I just upgraded the stock one with bearings. It worked great. I have a bunch of stuff posted on the Ghost thread. The other good thing is its a bit heavier with the FRP material, so making weight in the VTA/ GT classes is easier without finding space to put it all.

The shock towers on thw Ghost fall between the taller towers of the 05 and the shorter ones of the 06. As far as handling, my ghost was awesome in VTA and USVTA. I just wanted to get a new kit and try a different chassis. If your running on carpet let me know, I have a killer set-up for med-high bite
shoot me your VTA setup with the ghost. Ive had one since they came out. Ran it for awhile put it away for X-rays last year. Going To break it back out this fall for indoor carpet at Thunder RC in Nashvegas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.