*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING >

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Old 12-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Samwise
A ton of VBC spares have already arrived from Florida via eBay for an excellent price.
Congratulations! You seemingly have met all of the requirements to be my "New Best Friend!" That is, right behind Dave Ehrlich, (AKA, VBC Racing Team Manager/setup Guru )
Old 12-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat

Since I'm only only one running one in Seattle.

Er, actually, John Tsang did pretty well with his last time out. I think I'm closing in on a setup, too. I think I'm going to run it in stock on Wednesday at H30 to work on it a bit more in preparation for the Can/Am challenge on Saturday.

Dave's VBC looked really good last Saturday at the Gym, though. He could carry more speed into the corner than I could, and had more drive out. It looked like it didn't rotate very hard in the middle of the corner, though. The handling kind of looked like a mod version of my scale spec car.

-Mike
Haha! Not what I meant!

I've just looked at the VBC forum a lot for a few months and there seems to be a lot of positive feedback from racers on the build and parts quality, especially for the price. Granted, an Xray is very well made (and pretty much indestructible), but I'd need over $100 in tuning parts on top of the higher kit cost

Seriously though, I've been happy with my Xray T3'12, but I think I'm ready to try another brand for a while, it's part of the fun of the hobby I was also looking at the Yokomo BD7 2014 edition, but it's almost as expensive as the Awesomatix, also out of my price range I'm pretty sure. The limited edition black version of the Yokomo from Europe is about $620 I think, plus the cost of tuning and spare parts.

All are good cars I don't think I could go wrong. In the right hands, all of these machines are champs.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

So with this kit do I need to get option parts for like rear toe and such?

Last edited by Huskerfan1212; 12-09-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Huskerfan1212
So with this kit do I need to get option parts for like rear toe and suck?
Usually sucking does not require option parts.

-Mike
Old 12-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Edit was needed.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The recommended setup for rear toe is -3° ~ -3.5° and the kit comes with the correct parts to achieve that. However my measurement shows -4°. I have not run my car yet but I might have to buy a part to correct that. I will get it remeasured using someone else's setup tools just in case it is my tools (yeah racing) that is not accurate.
The only option parts I needed to buy are the roll center shim sets for front and rear. The kit comes with 1mm shims but recommended shims to use are 0.5mm.

And I still need to buy stiffer front springs (white) per recommended setup.

All together they are about $25 worth of option parts.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Ed I think you'll want to stay with orange front red rears... 45wt front 35wt rear.. been back and fourth with white front springs car is faster at TZ with orange fronts . also transition quicker with front and rear sway bars installed. went a while with rear bar disconnected but even with moderate grip the rear bar helped.

also the hard front bumper $5.00 is a good idea as far as option parts
Old 12-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I agree with Mark.

My modified setup from Timezone is actually a little closer to what I would run as a base setup. Check the setup sheet out:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/016...300913.pdf?791

I would change the following though:

-Run the kit chassis
-Run 0.5mm under all the suspension mounts (take the antidive out I have in the setup sheet)
-Run position #4 on the rear shock tower instead of #3
-Use 2000wt oil to start in the rear diff
-Yes, run 3.5 deg rear toe in stock (C05/E30 blocks in the rear) I know it sounds crazy, but our car seems to like it. I had better transient response, turn in, rotation around the middle of the corner, and forward bite. Whenever I got my car working really well on 3 deg, I went to 3.5 just to see... and it was faster on 3.5 deg regardless of what class I was running.

This makes for a very neutral and easy to drive car.

-Korey
Old 12-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Huskerfan1212
So with this kit do I need to get option parts for like rear toe and such?
I would suggest getting a pack of C05 blocks to play with rear toe a bit. These can be configured to add or take away 0.5 deg of rear toe from the rear of the car. I almost always run 3.5 deg of rear toe on my car as I mentioned in the previous post.

I would also suggest getting the optional swaybars as well.

The kit springs actually work really well on carpet, but sometimes having some Green springs (softer) is handy as well. Initially I used white springs a lot up front in stock, but now I've settled on either red/green or orange/red depending on the amount of traction the track surface has.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For those of you still on the fence about VBC Racing and or the D06, here is some interesting news:

ATSUSHI HARA CHOOSES THE VBC RACING WILDFIRE D06… AGAIN
Old 12-10-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Interesting indeed, wonder why he chose the wildfire d06 again instead of trying something entirely new.

still, even though hara isnt going to sign with anyone its nice to see that he has good interest in the d06 to warrant multiple uses.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PurcyP
Interesting indeed, wonder why he chose the wildfire d06 again instead of trying something entirely new.

still, even though hara isnt going to sign with anyone its nice to see that he has good interest in the d06 to warrant multiple uses.
Heard on another thread that Hara's personal favorites are the ARC and VBC. Can't say much for ARC since I've never driven one, but I think that the VBC's aesthetics is way better

Hope Hara does well
Old 12-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

i prefer the look to the VBC over all the touring car designs that are out there at the moment to be honest.

i agree, hope hara does well! sure he will though haha
Old 12-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VBC Racing Shop
For those of you still on the fence about VBC Racing and or the D06, here is some interesting news:

ATSUSHI HARA CHOOSES THE VBC RACING WILDFIRE D06… AGAIN
Thank you for sharing this...
Old 12-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Doyel
Thank you for sharing this...
No problem. Thanks for the appreciation!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.