*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING >

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Old 12-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Charel
Just took delivery of my D06
Now I cannot wait to get home and start with the build.
The kit is very well packed and I see there is a small surprise also in the box, some sort of bag or something, nice, will check it out tonight.
Looking forward to see how it compares to my TC6.1's I had, but so far quality looks to be top notch.
One thing is for sure, it will build up a lot better than your other cars. The car is a beast on the track as well.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by VBC Racing Shop
One thing is for sure, it will build up a lot better than your other cars. The car is a beast on the track as well.
Thanx bud.
So far the kit is going together real SMOOTH
The quality is just amazing and everything fits as it should without any slop or hesitation.
Can't wait to get it done, going to be using it in 17.5 boosted class
Just a Q, when you prep the CF you obviously do the chassis plate and shock towers, but does one also do the top deck or will that interfere with the flex?
Thanx guys.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thanx bud.
So far the kit is going together real SMOOTH
The quality is just amazing and everything fits as it should without any slop or hesitation.
Can't wait to get it done, going to be using it in 17.5 boosted class
Just a Q, when you prep the CF you obviously do the chassis plate and shock towers, but does one also do the top deck or will that interfere with the flex?
Thanx guys.
Personally, I only sand the edges of the chassis until they are smooth. I do not seal anything.

As far as the shock towers
Old 12-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Had a chance to see the new car in person last night and run a pack through it. I'm SUPER impressed, it felt better than my T4'14 by a good margin.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VBC Racing Shop
Personally, I only sand the edges of the chassis until they are smooth. I do not seal anything.

As far as the shock towers
I experienced de-lamination before, so I do only the bottom plate. It's an age old debate

Thanx guys.
I don't bother with the shock towers, but I sand all the edges. Especially sand the edges where the battery tape goes through(if you strap it) or it will cut it. Don't CA the upper deck.

Last edited by inpuressa; 12-06-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Had a chance to see the new car in person last night and run a pack through it. I'm SUPER impressed, it felt better than my T4'14 by a good margin.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by syndr0me
That is quite impressive to hear.
This just make me more excited to get it done and put it on the track.

Originally Posted by inpuressa
I experienced de-lamination before, so I do only the bottom plate. It's an age old debate

I don't bother with the shock towers, but I sand all the edges. Especially sand the edges where the battery tape goes through(if you strap it) or it will cut it. Don't CA the upper deck.
Thanx for the info, and good tip on the slots for the battery tape.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Sadly no UK distributors for this work of art

but will be importing one in the very near future
Old 12-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah we have sold a few kit's to folks across the pond.... Ouch it's like $40 to $50 for US Mail Priority shipping. guess it may be more affordable if it went parcel post but may take a month. sent something last year to Australia and it took a month.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Guys, I was wondering if any of you have tested the 2.2mm flex chassis or the 1.6 upper deck by any chance. How did the car differ from the standard chassis and by how much?
Old 12-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I think I read korey said the thinner chassis gave the car more steering for him.

I bought one yesterday from TimezoneRacing.
I can't wait to start building it when I get home from work today.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Are any of you guys running a hobbywing 3.1 in your d06's. Just put one in and it seems like I'm getting alot of cogging on initial throttle. Tried a sensor wire but it still did the same thing. I have a team powers motor hooked up with it. Any advise would be cool. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edhchoe
I think I read korey said the thinner chassis gave the car more steering for him.

You will enjoy building it. It's a super easy build.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edhchoe

I've been running the thinner chassis up untill recently. In low to medium grip conditions, the thinner chassis gives the car more a more aggressive feel and shifts the handling balance more towards the front of the car (which I like!). Its more of a dig in really aggressively and rotate feel rather than rolling through the corner.Though, In higher grip conditions it's a little too flexi and gets a little inconsistent and harder to drive.

The kit chassis is very good, and still is the best starting point in my opinion. If your track is asphalt or lower bite carpet, I'd say give the thin chassis a shot after you give the kit chassis an honest go.

-Korey
Old 12-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Reese Bobby
Hey Guys, I was wondering if any of you have tested the 2.2mm flex chassis or the 1.6 upper deck by any chance. How did the car differ from the standard chassis and by how much?
We are currently running the 2.25mm chassis along with the stock upper deck and the grip is unreal. Both steering and overall grip were improved and our lap times did not suffer. Additionally, the flex chassis is 10 grams lighter than stock, which was a plus for us as our car was overweight with the body we were running.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.