Wiki Posts
Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

[QUOTE=T-Hawk;12620292]Max Kuenning, Devin Patterson and Mark Day also.[/QUOT

Last edited by jmanikis; 10-10-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

YEAH!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roche.hk
oh boy...... UPS almost lost my item once when going to an exhibition.... Buy the end my items arrive the night before the door open for the show. Hope they will find your car soon.......
Well, looks like my car was found. Whomever UPS delivered it to decided that even though the package was addressed to my business, they would open it up, snoop around and not contact us. If it wasn't for UPS stopping back by the address to pick up the car, I'm not sure I would have seen it again.

Anyway, time to pick up where we left off.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Guys,

I took delivery of my D06 kits today. I must say they look fantastic, the attention to detail and all the learnings from the D05 really show. Looking forward to the build and getting them out on track.

Very impressive, will post updates etc.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

To the VBC Team who raced at the IIC, how did you find the D06? Feedback from the race would be fantastic. Any setup tips and which changes worked well etc?
Old 10-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Reese Bobby
Hey Guys,

I took delivery of my D06 kits today. I must say they look fantastic, the attention to detail and all the learnings from the D05 really show. Looking forward to the build and getting them out on track.

Very impressive, will post updates etc.
The D06 is the evolution of a flat out better car. Enjoy it!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Reese Bobby
To the VBC Team who raced at the IIC, how did you find the D06? Feedback from the race would be fantastic. Any setup tips and which changes worked well etc?
Reese,
The team did great at the IIC! tq, win and third place in the Spec Gt class, some very good showings in modified sedan and 17.5. The competition at these races gets better every year! Also this was the debut race for the new lightning 1/12th car. The car took 3rd place in modified 1/12th and 5th in 13.5 1/12th!
You can find setups at www.vbcracing.com.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thought I'd post this since I haven't seen it on this thread yet.
Good build pics and tips.

http://www.google.com/translate?hl=e...e%2F&sandbox=1

I started on mine, and the car is coming together well. Had to use 0.5mm spacers on the inside suspension hinge pins to take up the slack. Changed out the alum steering turnbuckle to Ti ones. The blog covers the other stuff to look out for. Can't wait to test it out
Old 10-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I know a lot of our team drivers are running 3 hole pistons with thicker oil in their cars on high bite carpet. I was running 4 hole pistons with 350cst all the way around and it made the car easier to drive for me. Green springs all around. Took away the edginess right off center. I liked this setup a lot better than thick oil and stiff springs.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

I also started with the kit set up and then started moving toward a softer setup like Max once the grip came up at the IIC. will be testing the Vegas setup on Medium/High grip tomorrow night and will see how it compares to the setup I headed to Vegas with. The cars are fantastic just sorry I didn't have it more than a week before the IIC. We have just received some of our first order and will have everything up on the online shop by the weekend....
www.timezonehobbies.com
Old 10-17-2013, 02:55 AM
Tech Initiate

A quick video for Dave's car in IIC spec GT class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DWUqWHj54s

Sorry for the video quality is not really good......
Old 10-17-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi all,

Got to run my D06 for the first time this week and overall I love it. I started out with the kit setup and found that the car was simply too responsive, had too much steering and not enough rear traction, especially from the middle of the corner - out. I ended up adding some droop (a bit in the back and more in the front) and removing the rear anti-roll bar and the car was much better and very easy to drive.

Is this consistent with what others have found with their D06? Is there a better setup change to consider that would calm the car down, add rear traction but allow for more corner speed?

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 10-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
Hi all,

Got to run my D06 for the first time this week and overall I love it. I started out with the kit setup and found that the car was simply too responsive, had too much steering and not enough rear traction, especially from the middle of the corner - out. I ended up adding some droop (a bit in the back and more in the front) and removing the rear anti-roll bar and the car was much better and very easy to drive.

Is this consistent with what others have found with their D06? Is there a better setup change to consider that would calm the car down, add rear traction but allow for more corner speed?

Cheers,
Mike
This was exactly what I found on my car. This is what I changed:

4 hole pistons
350 cst
Green springs
shocks in middle holes on towers
green rear bar
white front bar
C05 suspension blocks in the rear
.5mm roll center all around

Let me know how this works for you
Old 10-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
Hi all,

Cheers,
Mike
I probably would have tried the basics first with perhaps softer springs and played with oils a bit. Then I would probably tried a softer rear anti roll bar and then tried some Ackerman adjustments.

I am assuming your track is relatively high bite?
Old 10-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Max K
This was exactly what I found on my car. This is what I changed:

4 hole pistons
Yes, the 4 hole pistons are working well for both carpet and asphalt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.