Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 combo brushless for converted nitro car

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 1/10 combo brushless for converted nitro car

Hello guys, I'm Marco.
I'm planning to convert my nitro Kyosho V one RRR evo2 to brushless, I have almost ready the home made motor mount and I'll keep the original kyosho gear with one way, so now I have to chose a combo.
I want performances similar to nitro models, same top speed and acceleration and good reliability because I'm moving to electric world to not buy more $300 motors every 20 litres, so now I want only a good combo with esc+motor that can give me good performances and can last very very long time.
I'll run in large tracks, with 50-60 meters of straight line with full throttle but also in small electric tracks.
Out of the box, with 61T gear and 16T pinion, my kyosho has a gear ratio of 7.81, and I can change the pinion to diversify it, so the choice must be done also in basis of these specifications.
I have in mind to use 7.4V to save space and keep weight low.
Please, can you suggest me a combo with same power of nitro that can live a long time ?
Thanks so much.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok, maybe is better run on 3s ?
In this class there is no much choice for motors, and I don't know which can handle 3s, probably a short course one ...
I only want to run togheter nitro models, and with 2s and 3.5T or 6delta someone saw me that I can't get max speed with reliability, probably I'll burn something, because my model is about 300g heavier than electric one.
Please, a good 3s combo for my target ?
I'm thinking to a xerun 120a v2.1, but I have no idea for the motor.