Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default A message to ROAR

Some of you for sure have seen this, but for people who have not there it goes

Old 06-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Seen it and there's an entire forum for ROAR and threads addressing the ad/letter.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I live in CT and was a participant at the carpet nats. I witnessed first hand what Ernie is addressing in the letter and I agree with him 100%. I also under stand ROAR's reasioning for allowing them to run together, however I disagree with it. Hats off to you Ernie for having the guts to make an open and public stance agains ROAR. You have my support.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes I've seen it.....

Sour grapes in my opinion.....

ROAR knows what they're doing....

ROAR is always right......

ROAR can make any rules they want at any time....

Trinity and EPIC need to have a full page in the next issue apologize for that uncalled for attack on ROAR.

Imagine, ROAR being held accountable for their rules and regulations...
Old 06-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
Seen it and there's an entire forum for ROAR and threads addressing the ad/letter.

Derek, a lot of members don't bother reading the ROAR forum, and this definitely falls under the electric on-road forum as well.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Love him or hate him, Ernie does make a good point. Yes he probably is only concerned about how this will affect his buisness, but He is correct with how it favors Novak and leaves all companies like Haker out in the cold. I'm sure that Trinity has brushless motors in the works and will continue to be a major force in the brushed motor market as well. He is correct about the ROAR official and the tech officials not knowing what to look for with the brushless motors. This will continue to be a heated debate until seperate classes are made. This is going to become an issue at the off road nats in a few weeks also, atleast thats what I think. Time will tell.

Derick, it was nice seeing you again at the nats. I get a kick every month when the new XRC hits the shelf at JP's. Were do you find those girls!
Old 06-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Company Representative

Love him or hate him, Ernie does make a good point. Yes he probably is only concerned about how this will affect his buisness, but He is correct with how it favors Novak and leaves all companies like Haker out in the cold.
The preliminary Brushless motor rules were agreed upon, and proposed by four manufacturers, not just Novak. During the provisional comment period, any ROAR members (Hacker, included) were invited to submit comments concerning the BL rules. Since apparently no one was interested, the proposed BL motor rules were adopted by ROAR.

I'm sure that Trinity has brushless motors in the works and will continue to be a major force in the brushed motor market as well. He is correct about the ROAR official and the tech officials not knowing what to look for with the brushless motors.
Novak has had guidelines for testing Brushless motors posted on the TeamNovak website for months---updated test criteria for the new modified motors could have been provided with a simple phone call.

This will continue to be a heated debate until seperate classes are made. This is going to become an issue at the off road nats in a few weeks also, atleast thats what I think. Time will tell.
Brush and Brushless motors will be run together. This rule was made to bring ROAR rules in congruence with IFMAR.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
The preliminary Brushless motor rules were agreed upon, and proposed by four manufacturers, not just Novak. During the provisional comment period, any ROAR members (Hacker, included) were invited to submit comments concerning the BL rules. Since apparently no one was interested, the proposed BL motor rules were adopted by ROAR.

Novak has had guidelines for testing Brushless motors posted on the TeamNovak website for months---updated test criteria for the new modified motors could have been provided with a simple phone call.

Brush and Brushless motors will be run together. This rule was made to bring ROAR rules in congruence with IFMAR.
I was unaware that Hacker and the other companies didn't show any "intrest". I guess that leaves the blame on them.

I am aware of the posted test proceures on Novaks website. I was stating that the officials at the race had no clue what to look for. Dave Lee had his hands full with other issues that were taking place and the people who were working tech were all local racers who were unfamilure or unaware of the tech procedure so they did not even look at them. Not Novaks fault but ROAR should have been educating the tech crew and enforcing the tech rule.

I also know that they will be running together as per IFMAR rules. Being a mod racer myself I know the pros and cons of running both motors. I don't belive that a brushless will have any advantage at R/C Madness but if one does win many people will cry "foul play". This is just my opinion. I am in no way trying to attack Novak, I am a loyal customer and run all Novak electronics in all my vehicles (GTX,XXTRA,Switch). I will admit that I am a disgruntal ROAR member. But thats for another thread.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by tazz888
....This is just my opinion. I am in no way truing to attack Novak, I am a loyal customer and run all Novak electronics in all my vehicles (GTX,XXTRA,Switch). I will admit that I am a disgruntal ROAR member. But thats for another thread.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If Ernie knew how the Cambells Tomato Soup was made He wouldn't have the sign in the background.After I was told how it was made I'd never touch the stuff.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If Ernie knew how the Cambells Tomato Soup was made He wouldn't have the sign in the background.After I was told how it was made I'd never touch the stuff.
Is it the part about the boiled babies that bothers you? i think it makes the soup too rich myself.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BullFrog
How is it made?
Old 06-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Trinity Better get a Brushless Effort Together, or get left Behind! Open Mod=Open Mod! As Long as the Motor/ESC is Available to the Public before the Race "WHY NOT" Open Mod=Open Mod! Good Bye Brushes and 2 Run Comm Cuttting! Hello Brushless!