Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 03:41 AM
Tech Regular

Ohh. Thats not a good review hopefully yours was a case of th wrong end of all tolerances.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by b_recliner
Now folks, I don't normally get on a forum and bash a product. In fact I never have before. But in my mind, something needs to be said about the H4e. I've read quite a few posts saying the fit and finish was spot on. With the kit I bought and built, that simply is not true. The H4e was the most ridiculous build I have ever done. Next to nothing fit properly. Everything binds. I really liked the concept of the car, but I perceive it as being literally un-runnable with all of the flaws. It is so bad, I don't even feel as if I could re-sell it in good conscious.

Now understand something gentlemen, I know how to build a car. So far this year I've build this piece of work as well as the xray 2014 and the vbc wildfire d06. The latter two vehicles practically built themselves. I understand that I could painstakingly go through the H4e and file this, dremel that, do whatever to get it functional. Doing so would take quite some time. None, and I do mean non of the turnbuckles fail to bind. Not a mild bind; a bind that I would describe as severe. Same with the arms on the hinge pins, same with the whole steering assembly. My gear diff, and I pride myself on building gear diffs leaked completely and immediately. The tolerances on this car are tight across the board.

I honestly feel like I have a car that as previously mentioned, is un-runnable as well as unsellable. I am very frustrated with this purchase. That being said, I have a proposal because I really do like the little details in this car. I would like to send the car back to Nitrohouse where I bought it from and have a sponsored driver on the Hobao/Ofna team rebuild it for me. I will pay the shipping both ways. Really, I would be doing whichever driver took on the challenge a favor. After all, everybody enjoys a good build. Send it back to me in functional condition and I will eat crow. I will amend this statement. Really though, I would really love to run this car. This is my way of asking for help. Mr. Bump. What do you think?
That's unfortunate, I was really looking at picking this up. But seems like yours was the only one lacking, maybe just a dud?

I'm interested to see what you think after you have it rebuilt. Not saying you were at fault, I'd be equally as interested to see you return it and build another kit.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

Now folks, I don't normally get on a forum and bash a product. In fact I never have before. But in my mind, something needs to be said about the H4e. I've read quite a few posts saying the fit and finish was spot on. With the kit I bought and built, that simply is not true. The H4e was the most ridiculous build I have ever done. Next to nothing fit properly. Everything binds. I really liked the concept of the car, but I perceive it as being literally un-runnable with all of the flaws. It is so bad, I don't even feel as if I could re-sell it in good conscious.

Now understand something gentlemen, I know how to build a car. So far this year I've build this piece of work as well as the xray 2014 and the vbc wildfire d06. The latter two vehicles practically built themselves. I understand that I could painstakingly go through the H4e and file this, dremel that, do whatever to get it functional. Doing so would take quite some time. None, and I do mean non of the turnbuckles fail to bind. Not a mild bind; a bind that I would describe as severe. Same with the arms on the hinge pins, same with the whole steering assembly. My gear diff, and I pride myself on building gear diffs leaked completely and immediately. The tolerances on this car are tight across the board.

I honestly feel like I have a car that as previously mentioned, is un-runnable as well as unsellable. I am very frustrated with this purchase. That being said, I have a proposal because I really do like the little details in this car. I would like to send the car back to Nitrohouse where I bought it from and have a sponsored driver on the Hobao/Ofna team rebuild it for me. I will pay the shipping both ways. Really, I would be doing whichever driver took on the challenge a favor. After all, everybody enjoys a good build. Send it back to me in functional condition and I will eat crow. I will amend this statement. Really though, I would really love to run this car. This is my way of asking for help. Mr. Bump. What do you think?
I have built two kits now one for stock and one for mod
Other than the issue with the steering knuckles and C - hubs
I have his no issues
In fact I enjoy racing this car it handles great
I have built a lot of kits and not many put a smile on my face
But this one does

Lou
Old 10-30-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Lou, I hope to check out your Hobao's soon. I love my Mi5 but I'm still looking for a second chassis and although I have the Wildfire D06 on my hit list I can't ignore the H4e's design features (except the motor mount as Mario mentioned).
Old 10-30-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I did forget to mention this but in all fairness I should. I had one of the very 1st batch. Also, if I am the only one having these issues then I would hope my review is not discouraging people to not buy the kit. I do not believe in taking money away from the rc companies that I like and the hobby that I love. I pointed out what I did because in my case it was the truth. Out of curiosity, did anybody one else feel this was a terrible build? I truly hope to stand alone on this.

Last edited by b_recliner; 10-30-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

I did forget to mention this but in all fairness I should. I had one of the very 1st batch. Also, if I am the only one having these issues then I would hope my review is not discouraging people to not buy the kit. I do not believe in taking money away from the rc companies that I like and the hobby that I love. I pointed out what I did because in my case it was the truth. Out of curiosity, did anybody one else feel this was a terrible build? I truly hope to stand alone on this.
I hope it was too because this chassis is very interesting - a rare serious effort to make a better car rather than a copy (I hate copies). I do appreciate the feedback - some builders are more willing to deal with hand fitment issues than others so it is subjective. I personally think a build should be perfect because if you break a part and need to replace it in the heat of battle at the big race - you don't have time to screw around with poorly fitting replacement parts. That is why Xray is the top dog for the average racer. You can grab any part off the shelf, install it and handling will be exactly the same. I saw your comments on the VBC as well - very happy to see the quality is on par with Xray as many have mentioned.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Just received mine and this was in there. Maybe this will stop some binding on the camber links etc. Atleqat they are keen to sort any problems we may have

Read the note at the bottom
Old 10-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Odd to hear the build was not so great, we would be glad to have you send the car and we here at OFNA can look over your car, we have built 4 here from the very first orders we got and had no issue in the build, so we want to make this right for you to enjoy racing with. So please send the car to us Atten DJ that is me and I will look over the car and see what has gone wrong and fix the leak issue. We did have a leak issue before we sold the cars to the market but we made sure to have better o-rings for the kit to release so we took all the first kits we got which were only 20 and held them till we had the updated parts then sold to the public so we will be looking to what you have, again sorry on a difficult build we would like to make this right so you can enjoy your ride.

OFNA/ Atten DJ
7 Vanderbilt
Irvine,Ca 92618
Old 10-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
Odd to hear the build was not so great, we would be glad to have you send the car and we here at OFNA can look over your car, we have built 4 here from the very first orders we got and had no issue in the build, so we want to make this right for you to enjoy racing with. So please send the car to us Atten DJ that is me and I will look over the car and see what has gone wrong and fix the leak issue. We did have a leak issue before we sold the cars to the market but we made sure to have better o-rings for the kit to release so we took all the first kits we got which were only 20 and held them till we had the updated parts then sold to the public so we will be looking to what you have, again sorry on a difficult build we would like to make this right so you can enjoy your ride.

OFNA/ Atten DJ
7 Vanderbilt
Irvine,Ca 92618
Now this I very much appreciate. I will get the car in the mail when I get the chance and PM you with tracking details as well as setting up for shipping coming back the other way. Thank you very much for this opportunity.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Very nice to see this.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monsta
Where are people buying the h4e? Cant seem to find them anywhere
http://www.tqrcracing.com/ and http://speedtechrc.com/ both stock them.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Towerhobbies.com also has them. Just called the H4 there though, not H4e.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Lots of people (at least 5 or 6 guys) at TQ RC run the H4 locally. I was lucky enough to close out our series in Sportsman Sedan 17.5 and win with this car (I ran the first half of the series on my TC6).

Based on what i've heard from everyone here, one of the most impressive things about the kit they've liked is the impeccable build quality, myself included. I'm sorry to hear about the headaches and hoping it's just a fluke!

Glad to hear Ofna is going to take care of it.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

just finished building mine. went together well. is the kit shock oil 20wt?
Old 10-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Just ordered mine. My first on-road kit, looking forward to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.