Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Does anyone else who runs this car have a problem with car wanting to go to the right when they hit the throttle hard?
Old 06-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonyD.
Does anyone else who runs this car have a problem with car wanting to go to the right when they hit the throttle hard?
never had that problem. what motor are you running? carpet or asphault? i've run vta and stock 17.5 tc on carpet and never had an issue.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

running it on asphalt. I'm running the 21.5 Track Star Spec motor in USGT
Old 06-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

haven't had that happen w/ mine. Yet my H4 seemed to favor turning to one side vs the other ...I had to take apart my steering turnbuckles and servo arms and go back to the manual and resent everything to stock ...that seemed to fix my issue. I am guessing I had tweaked my car too much and made too many setting adjustments that got it out of whack.

Can you go back to stock, re-check all your settings per the manual and kind of start over (if there is nothing obvious of course or you keep racking your brain over it).

-------

Thinking I may convert my H4 to USGT soon as I'd like to change my 17.5 to something more modern like a TC7 or Xray. ...I have about 3 or 4 seasons on my H4 running 17.5 ...
Old 06-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eR1c
haven't had that happen w/ mine. Yet my H4 seemed to favor turning to one side vs the other ...I had to take apart my steering turnbuckles and servo arms and go back to the manual and resent everything to stock ...that seemed to fix my issue. I am guessing I had tweaked my car too much and made too many setting adjustments that got it out of whack.

Can you go back to stock, re-check all your settings per the manual and kind of start over (if there is nothing obvious of course or you keep racking your brain over it).

-------

Thinking I may convert my H4 to USGT soon as I'd like to change my 17.5 to something more modern like a TC7 or Xray. ...I have about 3 or 4 seasons on my H4 running 17.5 ...
thank you I will give that a try.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

My car is all out of whack, just can't get good grip lately.

We run on asphalt, medium grip.

Last race my tires were really hot, rides 36* on a 86* day ...track was around 105* as it is in full Sun.

Suggestions?

Whatbi need is to see some proven setup sheets that others have used.

....w all that said I did the best I've done last race.... But w/o the grip I want. ...car was just too loose.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wider track, softer shock package and lower roll center height. Might not need all together
Old 06-16-2016, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks 30tooth,

I was only running -1 degree camber up front and 0 in back, ...had switched from the race before. I think I may try increasing my camber a bit to like -2 front and -1 rear.

will try wider track, softer shocks, etc... at my next practice see how that does.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eR1c
Thanks 30tooth,

I was only running -1 degree camber up front and 0 in back, ...had switched from the race before. I think I may try increasing my camber a bit to like -2 front and -1 rear.

will try wider track, softer shocks, etc... at my next practice see how that does.
-2 seems a big jump, try -1 front and rear and tune from there. You sure it's the tires overheating?
Old 06-17-2016, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

thanks 30tooth,

well the tires were really hot ...thinking that yeah, they could have been over-heating? I had a lot more grip the week before w/ the same setup. I was running Sorex's ...the week before I was running Rides. So maybe i just need to go back to the previous tires.

Hey, by the way,
seems too good to be true:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOBAO-1-10-H...8AAOSw9eVXW-F7
I notice the seller has "0" sales ...so I think i'll pass!!
Old 06-17-2016, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

You know what they say, if it's too good to be true...

No problem, need a bit more info. Is the track outdoor or indoor? Did the car felt good with the other tires? Was it consistent?
Old 06-17-2016, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

You'll probably just get sent the boxes...
Old 06-17-2016, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

You know what they say, if it's too good to be true...
Seriously !! ...good thing that the seller didn't list the price at a reasonable figure.

You'll probably just get sent the boxes...
HA, or worse a box w/ 1 broken CV joint in it!!!

No problem, need a bit more info. Is the track outdoor or indoor? Did the car felt good with the other tires? Was it consistent?
-Outdoor Track/asphalt
-Air temp was about 85degree track must have been 110ish
-Grip was medium
-Yes, the car felt much better w/ the previous Rides ...I think I just need to go back to those. Unfortunately at my last race I only had 32's in those rides ...they worked great when it was a bit cooler out. Last race was warmer so went w/ the 36's and w/ Sorex ...which already had about 5 races on them.

I think I was mostly frustrated with my initial post. I did adjust my camber just a degree (not too drastic). I am going to put a fresh set of Rides back on my car (I like those tires for our track). ...unfortunately I wont' be able to get any practice in prior to our next race. (work is killing me)!!

--surprisingly though i ran the best I've run in terms of times. Which makes no sense, because my car didn't feel planted like it had previous race days. (Sorry, I realize this doesn't sound right). ...I think I just want my car to handle a bit better than it is!
Old 06-17-2016, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

oh, yes the car is consistent. I am thinking it was really my tires. As nothing else changed from the prior race to last race. I keep pretty detailed info on my race vehicles and what each measurement is. I went back and compared everything ...I hadn't changed anything (other than the tires).
Old 06-18-2016, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

No problem, you know changing tires is one of the greatest change in setup there could be. Maybe the car was too stuck with the Ride tires or the grip balance was not as good as it could be. Fear not, once you change the setup to have less steering and more rear traction the car could be faster yet easy to drive. If the car hasn't enough rear grip entering corners maybe the front is wiping the rear tires with violent steering sensitivity or the front roll center height/camber link length is too low/long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.