Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit >

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Old 01-16-2016, 02:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anybody noticed that nitrohouse.com no longer have any part of the H4E in stock? The car was discontinued? Anybody knows where I can find parts?
Old 01-17-2016, 05:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Sad day
Old 01-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Seems to be plenty of parts on eBay if you get them from Asia.

Such a shame, it's a brilliant car I can't understand why it didn't take off.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's why the car I bought was soooooo cheap.....lol I just ordered parts from eOFNA a week or so ago and they had lots of parts, now everywhere says out of stock. Still going to run till no more parts.....
Old 01-20-2016, 12:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry, just seen the previous posts. THANKS guys! That is why I am getting my son into the hobby. (GOOD people and always willing to help each other) I have ordered "most" of the upgrade parts. I am probably one of the few that reads an entire thread before posting anything. lol

I guess my biggest question would be why would everyone pull the parts all of a sudden? Glad I ordered when I did!
Old 01-21-2016, 08:24 AM
Tech Rookie

I found some parts in this site www.rchobby.com.tw The shipping costs are higher but they have almost everything for the kit. The other option is eBay. Notice that all parts are Hobao numbers (not Ofna), so I have to download the Hobao Manual to get sure the part number.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

oh, so sad ...This is the second car that I've loved that was discontinued.
Too bad they didn't advertise it better ..or at all. That could have helped?

Regardless I plan on running my H4 for the 2016 season which starts up in a few months.

----------

Question,
I was out doing some practice laps yesterday w/ my H4. Indoor asphalt, I had great grip, but the car was pushing a bit around the corners. I didn't have time to experiment, but would going to softer shocks + oil reduce the push effect? I am currently running gray springs all around w/ 25weight oil. Was thinking of going to white springs w/ 22 weight oil. Would that help?
Old 01-23-2016, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
oh, so sad ...This is the second car that I've loved that was discontinued.
Too bad they didn't advertise it better ..or at all. That could have helped?

Regardless I plan on running my H4 for the 2016 season which starts up in a few months.

----------

Question,
I was out doing some practice laps yesterday w/ my H4. Indoor asphalt, I had great grip, but the car was pushing a bit around the corners. I didn't have time to experiment, but would going to softer shocks + oil reduce the push effect? I am currently running gray springs all around w/ 25weight oil. Was thinking of going to white springs w/ 22 weight oil. Would that help?
I'm still running mine in USGT too this season as well . As as far as push go the first thing I do is check how I sauce the tires if I used half in front and full in rear and it push I sauce all tires evenly and then try it usually allow the car to rotate better. Also what wt you have in the diff? If you using 2k I would try 5k and if it rotates to much go to 3k or half 5k and half 3k. Just a heads up I run indoor carpet so it might be different in asphalt.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the tip,
I had 7000 weight in there, but just switched to 3k last night. I plan to take it out this Friday so will see how it does w the change.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Good News! PARTZZZZZ

http://www.nitrohouse.com/OFNA-H4e-Parts_c_1036.html

And more to come
Old 01-27-2016, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcwck
NICE!
Old 01-28-2016, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

since the H4 has been discontinued i'll have to start thinking about loading up on some extra parts. BUT in the 3 years I've owned my H4 and 2 full years of racing it I have only broken 1 part which was replaced by Ofna for free (a front CVA joint). I have countless hours on my H4 and no broken parts. ...they made it too good. So not sure what to even load up on!!
Old 01-28-2016, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

I've bought the option pulley and belt kit as a spare set. Still on the originals at the minute.

Seals for the shocks might be worth stocking for a rebuild in the future.

I managed to break a rear hub last week and a wishbone in 1 massive hit so get some of those along with front hubs and knuckles.

What is the best additive for low grip carpet? I'm using sxt but its useless on one of the tracks u run at.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Great suggestion about the shock parts for rebuild in the future. I just took my shocks apart, cleaned, re-oiled etc... they appear in near new shape. But yeah, some new seals + bladders would be a good idea.

I may pick up:
--new chassis, these will be a PITA to find when no longer available
--New shock supplies
--Belts (can probably source from elsewhere, but again PITA to go through that trouble)
--Extra plastic hubs front and rear

Or a complete H4 roller as a spare? I saw one on eBay that looked really nice, hardly used and sold for $150 as the final selling price. I should have bought it.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:02 AM
Tech Regular

I use team losi bladders as the hobao ones are crap, but I've ordered hobao o rings for the shocks.

Not a bad shout on the chassis, but if I have a crash that bad that the chassis breaks it's probably time for a new car lol.

My distributor have told me it's not something they plan to discontinue.

Spare kit is a good shout, some shops have them mega cheap over here new

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.