R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-05-2015, 05:38 PM   #976
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwck View Post
Those are the spec tires premounted on one the available wheels. USGT standard in the states by Gravity RC.
What did you paint them with?
Emaculant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #977
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
-Someone was just asking about the H4 at my last club meet. They knew the car and also thought it was ashame that it wasn't marketed at all.

...eventually maybe prices will begin to drop on the kits and a spare kit will be able to be had for a decent price. That is my plan as I too hope to race this car for years to come.
In the UK the h4 was half the price of all the other kits. H4 was selling for 180, an MI5 evo or xray would set you back 330 but still the h4 hasn't sold very well.

I finish in the top 3 most weeks but still people would rather go out and chuck double the money away for an xray or yokomo
hipwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:42 AM   #978
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
In the UK the h4 was half the price of all the other kits. H4 was selling for 180, an MI5 evo or xray would set you back 330 but still the h4 hasn't sold very well.

I finish in the top 3 most weeks but still people would rather go out and chuck double the money away for an xray or yokomo
Agreed, ...its like iPhones. Androids are better and less $$ but people will still buy iPhones. ---okay, that was a low punch (sorry).
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:34 AM   #979
Tech Adept

Cnc knuckle's or c hubs?

I'm swaying towards the knuckles because our distributor hardly ever has the 3rd gen ones in stock and I always end up with the original crap ones which break after a nock so thought the Cnc knuckles might be a good upgrade as I don't think I've ever bust a c hub.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #980
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipwell View Post
Cnc knuckle's or c hubs?

I'm swaying towards the knuckles because our distributor hardly ever has the 3rd gen ones in stock and I always end up with the original crap ones which break after a nock so thought the Cnc knuckles might be a good upgrade as I don't think I've ever bust a c hub.
Knuckles, the c hubs bend. I have both and don't use either. Have you changed to a harder bumper? Once I did that (Upon staying off the boards) I rarely every break those.
Emaculant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:51 AM   #981
Tech Adept

Yeah I've made myself a kydex bumper and use the xray ultra hard bumper.

To be fair I very rarely break anything, but I'm on my last set of 3rd ken knuckles now and haven't broke one for about 6 months so probably am due a breakage. I've ordered some more but the chances are I'll get the 2nd Gen, when I got my 3rd gen ones it took me 4 attempts at ordering until I got the ones with the thicker plastic around the king pins which is why I was considering just getting the Cnc ones.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:09 AM   #982
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipwell View Post
Yeah I've made myself a kydex bumper and use the xray ultra hard bumper.

To be fair I very rarely break anything, but I'm on my last set of 3rd ken knuckles now and haven't broke one for about 6 months so probably am due a breakage. I've ordered some more but the chances are I'll get the 2nd Gen, when I got my 3rd gen ones it took me 4 attempts at ordering until I got the ones with the thicker plastic around the king pins which is why I was considering just getting the Cnc ones.
where are u ordering from?
Ofna H4E, vta, usgt, & 17.5 tc
Spratt's Hobby Center, Hillsdale Michigan.
edonsohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:29 AM   #983
Tech Adept

Cml distribution

They haven't got a clue when it comes to the different gen parts, luckily I've read this thread top to bottom about 3 times.

They assured me they were sending the latest parts, and I ended up with the 1st gen driveshafts twice.

It doesn't help that hobao didn't change the part numbers when they were upgrading the parts so there is still a ton of the old crap in circulation.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:33 PM   #984
Tech Adept

Well I stand corrected.

Got the 3rd gen knuckles!
Old 12-17-2015, 06:25 PM   #985
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by edonsohc View Post
where are u ordering from?
Depends where you live for shipping but compared to CML these guys have way better prices.

http://rchobby.com.tw/?hyper-h4,126

John K
M05,M06,12R5.1,XRay X10 WGT,TC6.1 CTA,OFNA H4E, SpeedPassion Sp-1
MultiRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:29 AM   #986
Tech Apprentice

Hi all is ofna still supporting this car or what?? C hubs and knuckles. are ok after you boil them but the front axles brake or bend if tap anything and my rear diff. never stops leaking no matter what I do. I like the car alot but no upgrades sucks.
Rob34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:46 PM   #987
Tech Adept

The car doesn't seem to be for sale in the UK anymore, although the distributior seem to have plenty of parts in stock for the time being so I've just stocked up.

Never had a problem with the driveshafts, make sure you get a set of the new gen 3 ones they are stronger.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:49 PM   #988
Tech Rookie

Nice thread. Just picked up a used H4 with my christmas cash and looking forward to running VTA with my son who runs an old Losi XXX-S G+. I really hope parts stay available as I have issues with certain parts with the Losi. Just waiting on electronics to come in the mail! I have read entire thread and already have everything except the O-rings on the car.
HuskerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:42 PM   #989
Tech Master

Quote:
Just picked up a used H4 with my christmas cash
Congratulations! I love my H4, going on my 3rd season racing it, it's held up very well. In only broke one front CV outdrive joint ...but that was my first race w/ the car. I have hours and hours on my H4 between practice laps and racing ...its held up very well.

Feel free to ask us all questions!
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:01 PM   #990
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDave View Post
Nice thread. Just picked up a used H4 with my christmas cash and looking forward to running VTA with my son who runs an old Losi XXX-S G+. I really hope parts stay available as I have issues with certain parts with the Losi. Just waiting on electronics to come in the mail! I have read entire thread and already have everything except the O-rings on the car.
Get the Losi bladders

^^^ <>< ^^^
rcwck is offline   Reply With Quote