R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2015, 10:53 AM   #841
Tech Adept

Does anybody run any shims under the outer camber links that screw into the plastic parts? My manual said to use a 1mm shim under all these but on setup sheets i've been looking at they only mention to put shims under the inner camber links..
hipwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:58 PM   #842
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipwell View Post
Does anybody run any shims under the outer camber links that screw into the plastic parts? My manual said to use a 1mm shim under all these but on setup sheets i've been looking at they only mention to put shims under the inner camber links..
Hi,
When I originally built the car I did but have since taken them out after looking at some of the setups that have been posted......
Taffyjnr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:27 AM   #843
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

shimming at the inside of the camber link and not on the hubs, if I understand this right, should lower the roll center,and therefore provide a little more traction.
bdemegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:21 AM   #844
Tech Master

I ran w/o shims all last year and had plenty of traction (asphalt track).
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #845
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
I ran w/o shims all last year and had plenty of traction (asphalt track).
I would like to see your asphalt setup if thats ok........👍
Taffyjnr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:55 PM   #846
Tech Master

we race in a parking lot, -it's a flat, even lot. We blow it clean and put syrup all over it. It's actually almost as good as dedicated track.

I probably won't be able to get any photos for awhile since our season is on break until April/May.
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:35 AM   #847
Tech Adept

Any updates on that 3 hole steering knuckle?
Old 01-30-2015, 03:05 PM   #848
Tech Adept

Can anybody help with my setup.

Tonight the car was handling ok but was very twitchy.

So I moved the shocks down one hole on the front so they were on the 3rd hole from the bottom

This made handling amazing but as the tyres warmed up I was getting grip roll if taking corners too aggressively. This happens on sorex 32 and 28s .

I was only running 1.5 camber all round. Should I try 1 degree?

I don't want to raise the shock back up as then I'm back to square 1 with handling.

Will raising the front role centre reduce grip and give less grip roll?
Old 01-30-2015, 08:31 PM   #849
Tech Adept

Default three hole steering knuckles

I went to my local track to run a few laps and try the Beta versions of the New knuckles. I'll be honest and say that my lap times were slightly faster than normal and I noticed that my corner speed felt a little faster. I'm talking like
.35 sec faster consistently. I made no other changes and even ran some used tires with my normal sauce and heat routine. I did have to turn up my steering epa slightly for more turn in, but that was the only difference. Like I mentioned before, I was told they are more for carpet set-ups, but I don't know why. I rarely run carpet so I can't speak for the theory behind that statement. The wheels turn equally with the tierod in the last hole. I have no info as to when or even if these will make it to market. That's all folks!!
OFNA X3 SABRE/HITEC HV SERVOS/AIRTRONICS/VP PRO TIRES
OFNA H4E TC, X3 GT 1/8th scale
THE YARD RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:20 AM   #850
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE YARD RC View Post
I went to my local track to run a few laps and try the Beta versions of the New knuckles. I'll be honest and say that my lap times were slightly faster than normal and I noticed that my corner speed felt a little faster. I'm talking like
.35 sec faster consistently. I made no other changes and even ran some used tires with my normal sauce and heat routine. I did have to turn up my steering epa slightly for more turn in, but that was the only difference. Like I mentioned before, I was told they are more for carpet set-ups, but I don't know why. I rarely run carpet so I can't speak for the theory behind that statement. The wheels turn equally with the tierod in the last hole. I have no info as to when or even if these will make it to market. That's all folks!!
Sound promising. I emailed cml distribution in the UK about them and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about so I doubt we will be getting them any time soon.

I'm happy with my h4e anyway, just need to find a setup I like and hopefully hobao will keep producing parts for a few years So I don't have to change car.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:16 AM   #851
LKF
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE YARD RC View Post
beta version knuckles are the 3 hole version from page 56?
it looks a little like tcxx knuckles v2
i think feels a lot smoother to drive on carpet with better behaviour in chicanes and fast changes.

what do you think?
LKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:17 AM   #852
LKF
Tech Apprentice

ther are some drivers from europe mostly driving on carpet?
Old 02-01-2015, 01:26 AM   #853
LKF
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by edonsohc View Post
it happens from time to time. lol. I broke 3 left knuckles, 1 right knuckle, & 1 right c-hub a couple of weeks ago. there was a left handed turn that had my name on it. I had the kydex front bumper, but the foam bumper was pushing back into the wheels. I have since installed the parma stiff foam front bumper. I have only broke one knuckle since. and it should have broke no matter what. was on full tilt and side checked a 2x4 barrier right into the wheel.

the only three things this car needs. ..
1. big bumper
2. losi shock bladders
3. 4.4mm o-rings for the diff
and driving skill. I'm still working on this. lol

whtas wrong with the original bumper? to small and to many damages?

whats wrong with the shocks? not dry with kit parts or why its a must to have losi shock bladders?

why 4,4mm o-rings for diff???
which 4,4mm o-rings fit perfect?
Old 02-01-2015, 05:51 AM   #854
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKF View Post
whtas wrong with the original bumper? to small and to many damages?

whats wrong with the shocks? not dry with kit parts or why its a must to have losi shock bladders?

why 4,4mm o-rings for diff???
which 4,4mm o-rings fit perfect?
the stock shock bladders are known to leak and get air in the shocks. the losi bladders fit much better and I haven't had any leaks since switching.

the 4.4 x 2.0 o rings helped with the diff that is known to leak. mine was dry for about a month or a little more with the 4.4 o rings. it has started leaking again, but does not leak as fast or as much as the stock o rings. I'm going to try some silicone the next time I have the diff apart.
Ofna H4E, vta, usgt, & 17.5 tc
Spratt's Hobby Center, Hillsdale Michigan.
edonsohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:43 AM   #855
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edonsohc View Post
the stock shock bladders are known to leak and get air in the shocks. the losi bladders fit much better and I haven't had any leaks since switching.

the 4.4 x 2.0 o rings helped with the diff that is known to leak. mine was dry for about a month or a little more with the 4.4 o rings. it has started leaking again, but does not leak as fast or as much as the stock o rings. I'm going to try some silicone the next time I have the diff apart.
Shocks are still good after several months. No squeaks and silky smooooth since the Losi bladders. Amazing what a good bladder will do.

I have gone to the silicone glue for the output shaft o rings and the results are good. I have a rear and front diff in both cars with no leaks. I cut a Q-Tip in half and pull it through the o ring and housing to clean out the silicone after gluing. Diff housing must be completely clean and glue must be dry before reassembly. I doubt if the front diffs would leak even without o rings using that 500k grease.

Thinking about playing at the track today. Pat just posted that he is opening because of only a level 1 snow emergency. It's very light snow for now so the road crews can keep up.

^^^ <>< ^^^
rcwck is offline   Reply With Quote