Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well I can say I've had my hardest hit now on the track, I was practicing with a 13.5 in outlaw mode with 10 stages of Boost from my HobbyWing esc. I wanted to run faster just a get a feel for it and I blasted this kid that tried to run across the track at the end of the front straight into the oval corner, I just let off the throttle when I hit him. I thought my car was toast because the kid went down and his shoe came off, he was down for a little bit trying to get some feel back in his foot. When I road checked the car it was tweaked to the left so I just trimmed to the right on the meantime to see if anything would break further or see some vibration from the car but the car finished out the battery then I pulled the body off and checked it, they only thing wrong was the X-ray servo saver collar opened up and popped over so I took it off bent it back and retrimmed, it was good after that, no broken or bent parts, I was sure I had killed one of the DCJ's or an aluminum c-hub but they were good.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My "new" H4e has a leaky diff, its a early model, problem with diff seals or should I get a new case?
Old 03-25-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tiburon
My "new" H4e has a leaky diff, its a early model, problem with diff seals or should I get a new case?
Both of my early builds were slinging lube from the sides of the output drives. I used the green stuff on assembly. I replaced the stock o-rings with ones that had a slightly larger OD and the leaks disappeared. Those o-rings I had on hand and don't remember the source. I would also think a thin shim under the stock shim would expand the o-ring enough to insure a good seal.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default shock rebuild

These bladders are a perfect fit. They are super soft and would recommend the XRay foams. Makes no air with zero rebound build much easier.

I find that I have to sometimes custom lap the thickness of the last bottom plastic insert seal(22274) on the piston shaft seal or the fit might create too much drag.

TLR5089 Team Losi Racing 12mm Shock Bladder Set

XRA308092 XRAY Shock Foam Insert (BIG $ for 4 tiny pieces of foam)
Old 04-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I was just eyeballing those bladders last weekend at the hobbyshop. almost bought them to try, but I had just bought a set of Arc r10 bladders. I haven't got to run the car yet to see if they are going to work or leak.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by edonsohc
I was just eyeballing those bladders last weekend at the hobbyshop. almost bought them to try, but I had just bought a set of Arc r10 bladders. I haven't got to run the car yet to see if they are going to work or leak.
Mike, are those ARC bladders for 12mm bore shocks? The reported Xray bladders that some are using are too small in diameter in my opinion.

FYI: Our last carpet race for the winter series is next Sunday the 13th. Season awards and banquet is scheduled on that date. We will be doing some carpet during the summer. The 2nd Saturday of each month.

Last edited by rcwck; 04-04-2014 at 12:30 PM. Reason: info change
Old 04-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rcwck
Mike, are those ARC bladders for 12mm bore shocks? The reported Xray bladders that some are using are too small in diameter in my opinion.

FYI: Our last carpet race for the winter series is next Sunday the 13th. Season awards and banquet is scheduled on that date. We will be doing some carpet during the summer. The 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month.
The Xray bladders are too small in diameter but they do work very well and don't let air in.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

FYI: Our last carpet race for the winter series is next Sunday the 13th. Season awards and banquet is scheduled on that date. We will be doing some carpet during the summer. The 2nd Saturday of each month.
yes they are the 12mm ones. they are a little small, but not like the xray ones.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just ordered one from TQRC today. Looking forward to putting this thing together when it arrives.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

These bladders are a perfect fit. They are super soft and would recommend the XRay foams. Makes no air with zero rebound build much easier.

I find that I have to sometimes custom lap the thickness of the last bottom plastic insert seal(22274) on the piston shaft seal or the fit might create too much drag.

TLR5089 Team Losi Racing 12mm Shock Bladder Set

XRA308092 XRAY Shock Foam Insert (BIG $ for 4 tiny pieces of foam)
Yeah rip off on those foam bits, I bet I can make them myself, just use a piece of foam from a offroad tire, take a hole punch to it and cut it. going to try it tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Update:
Build went together quite well. One thing I didn't like was one of the shock rod ends arrived broke. Pretty disappointing since the shocks are the first step in this build.

Anyway, over all happy with the kit thus far.. the machining is nice and everything fits together well. Noticed a very slight leak in the diff but it's probably because I didn't want to over-torque the screws down. Will have to tighten them a tad more to see if that fixes it.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Update #2:

I took the car out today with a couple of friends and did some bashing around a flat parking lot.

Equipment:

Speed Passion Reventon S
Speed Passion Comp V3 9.5t
Gens Ace 5000 mAH 2S Lipo

Geared at 5.91 FDR.

Durability:
I was bashing around the parking lot with some friends and I looked away at a friend's car and then back to mine as I went head on full speed into a concrete curb. Upon inspection the left steering knuckle broke where the lower kingpin connects to the c-hub. I was very impressed that was the only sustained damage from such a hard hit. It was honestly around 35 mph or so.

Last edited by ChrisNRG; 05-02-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Can someone please post a pic of the latest box for the kit as i am looking at a couple on ebay and I aren't sure whether it is the latest generation of the kit.

Thanks
Nudge
Old 04-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nudge2325
Can someone please post a pic of the latest box for the kit as i am looking at a couple on ebay and I aren't sure whether it is the latest generation of the kit.

Thanks
Nudge
I bought mine two weeks ago from TQRCRacing.com and this was the box it came it.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mark5
The Xray bladders are too small in diameter but they do work very well and don't let air in.
Following the tip of Mark, I try the same using a standard tamiya Bladders (part# 50600) the green ones and the same tamiya urethane bushings (53577) and works great!!. No more leaking shocks!! and they get very smooth.
The only important thing is to put the bladder making sure it contacts all the shock circumference and tight the cap slowly to be sure it doesn't move.
The bladders are about 13mm diameter, as you can see. I think you can try any bladder that have at least this diameter.

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit-tamiya-bladders.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.