R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #451
Tech Adept

Got a link or any pics?
scytherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #452
Tech Apprentice

I don't but I know youtube has some races. Its just hobby town Omaha ne . Simple 24 with plastic on them.
Huskerfan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:55 AM   #453
Tech Adept

That track looks awesome. Mite use that method for marking out my track.

Got some xray t4 shock bladders to go in my shocks, will let everyone know well they work when they arrive
Old 12-29-2013, 12:04 AM   #454
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Worked 4 me

Guys, ran the H4E at NorCal again today, last 4 Sats. broke an axle in each Sat's. main. My fault every time. I love these cars, and I'm confident that factory refinements will be made. I'm the guy several posts back, that explained how to boil (moisturize) the plastic susp. parts. And it DOES WORK! But while prepping the car last night for today's race I was studing the way the front end of this car is designed and noticed the position of the steering stop screw locations. I installed the small button head screws BACKWARDS with the head being the point where contact with the C-hub would ocure. Here's where attention to details really comes into play. Bottom of the screw head (the flat part) is approx .020" to .025" from being fully tightened. Next, set steering EPA so as to have approx. .015" gap between the screwhead (the rounded part) and the C-hub. I don't use any type of servo saver, but I do use a TOP Photon servo arm that has been boiled, on my Spectrum LP servo. Today in practice before the track's bite in the sweeper had come up, I hit the outside wall sooo hard that I DESTROYED the left lower A-arm, you know, those (almost indestructable ones), and since the axle didn't turn so far to dislocate the internal ball and socket I actually BOWED the axle. Left the axle in the same condition (goodluck charm) replaced the A-arm and TQ'd and won A1 and A2 with better results than my TQ run. I love these cars!!! Worked for me. Chris S. LETZ RACE!!
casrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #455
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casrcr View Post
Guys, ran the H4E at NorCal again today, last 4 Sats. broke an axle in each Sat's. main. My fault every time. I love these cars, and I'm confident that factory refinements will be made. I'm the guy several posts back, that explained how to boil (moisturize) the plastic susp. parts. And it DOES WORK! But while prepping the car last night for today's race I was studing the way the front end of this car is designed and noticed the position of the steering stop screw locations. I installed the small button head screws BACKWARDS with the head being the point where contact with the C-hub would ocure. Here's where attention to details really comes into play. Bottom of the screw head (the flat part) is approx .020" to .025" from being fully tightened. Next, set steering EPA so as to have approx. .015" gap between the screwhead (the rounded part) and the C-hub. I don't use any type of servo saver, but I do use a TOP Photon servo arm that has been boiled, on my Spectrum LP servo. Today in practice before the track's bite in the sweeper had come up, I hit the outside wall sooo hard that I DESTROYED the left lower A-arm, you know, those (almost indestructable ones), and since the axle didn't turn so far to dislocate the internal ball and socket I actually BOWED the axle. Left the axle in the same condition (goodluck charm) replaced the A-arm and TQ'd and won A1 and A2 with better results than my TQ run. I love these cars!!! Worked for me. Chris S. LETZ RACE!!
Would you be able to post your setup please?

Cheers,
Old 12-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #456
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

I'll be glad to. I'll do a set-down on the car sometime today and post it up. It doesn't vary too much from the kit, but where it does...and how the car and this old man came together...OH YEAH! Chris S. LETZ RACE!!
casrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #457
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar

HoBo car goes 1,2 again in stock sedan in Toledo. No broken parts for either car today.

SOHC ran his HoBo today in USGT and did pretty well also for his first outing with the car.
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #458
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

got to run my car for the first time today. ended up 2nd in usgt. car is amazingly smooth. took me awhile and a broken axle to get used to the car. Broken axle was all me. It took a little more than a "light" hit to break. Didn't even know it was broke until I went to sauce my tires for the second qualifier. lol. Still very happy with the car.
Ofna H4E, vta, usgt, & 17.5 tc
Spratt's Hobby Center, Hillsdale Michigan.
edonsohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #459
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar

Quote:
Originally Posted by edonsohc View Post
got to run my car for the first time today. ended up 2nd in usgt. car is amazingly smooth. took me awhile and a broken axle to get used to the car. Broken axle was all me. It took a little more than a "light" hit to break. Didn't even know it was broke until I went to sauce my tires for the second qualifier. lol. Still very happy with the car.
Car looked pretty good. I'm confused by all these post about the cars breaking if you look at them wrong. We've got three cars running in Toledo now and none of us find it that fragile. I don't think any of our cars are living a easy life either.
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #460
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
Play hard nap hard, Jack

^^^ <>< ^^^
rcwck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:07 AM   #461
Tech Adept

Is it me or does it seem like most h4e shells are green. Haha
Old 12-30-2013, 05:14 AM   #462
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scytherat View Post
Is it me or does it seem like most h4e shells are green. Haha
Glow Green has been my sedan body color for years. That was my reason for me getting the green H4 car originally. It turned out to be a great purchase for reasons other than the color.

^^^ <>< ^^^
Old 12-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #463
Tech Adept

I have exactly the same colour shell as you im definatly glad i got my h4e. I love how it drives. The green anodising did swing it for me aswell.lol
Old 12-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #464
Tech Adept

Green
Old 12-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #465
Tech Regular

^^^^^ Whoa! wouldn't wanna land on that baby. It could put an eye out. Lol

^^^ <>< ^^^