R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-26-2013, 04:28 AM   #331
Tech Adept

just what the car needs, some decent exposure!
Old 11-26-2013, 04:44 AM   #332
Tech Regular

PurcyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #333
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samshirley00 View Post

just what the car needs, some decent exposure!
That's awesome! Always good to see good products get the exposure they deserve.
silencery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #334
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

He's going to like the car but it too bad Hobao does not have all the other classes for him to race. I'm sure he will drive it just as fast as the other cars but you know you have a good product if a top driver like Atsushi wants to try it out.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #335
Tech Adept

ran mine with M chassis TRF shock tonight, didnt feel any different really than a freshly built standard shock set, but knowing these shocks are not gonna leak on me gave me some hope

even heard "fastest lap car 5" on the timing gear!
Old 11-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #336
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I crashed turning right at the track now every time the tire is on and I turn right the whole drive train vibrate hard I disassembled the whole front right suspension and don't see a problem but once I put the tire on the I have the same problem not sure what it is but nothing looks broke or out of shape when the tire is off it run fine and smooth but as soon as I put any tire on and turn right it vibrates crazy. I'm thinking of just buying a new C hub set and steering knuckle set. Any thoughts?
Emaculant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #337
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaculant View Post
I crashed turning right at the track now every time the tire is on and I turn right the whole drive train vibrate hard I disassembled the whole front right suspension and don't see a problem but once I put the tire on the I have the same problem not sure what it is but nothing looks broke or out of shape when the tire is off it run fine and smooth but as soon as I put any tire on and turn right it vibrates crazy. I'm thinking of just buying a new C hub set and steering knuckle set. Any thoughts?
You might want to check the wheel it might be hitting the ribs, it happens to me with my buggy when I run certain wheels but I wouldn't think it would happen to sedans but check that.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #338
Tech Regular

It was fine until I crashed prior to that it was smooth. The tires are rubbing but I don't know what to replace to stop the rubbing.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #339
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Check for a possible cracked wheel and make sure your tires are still glued on properly. For sedan, I generally check the CA on my tires every 5-6 runs.
silencery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #340
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaculant View Post
Bad front dog bone?
Old 11-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #341
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

try checking all the bearings too, the crash may have popped a seal and/or shimming may be needed if the plastic has a gap that wasn't there before the crash
billdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:21 AM   #342
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
42216 tamiya dcj
Thanks
HOBBYWING motor's/esc's - PROTOFORM bodies
SAVOX servo's - SPEKTRUM tx/rx - XCEED tire's
Stuff Of Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #343
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencery View Post
Check for a possible cracked wheel and make sure your tires are still glued on properly. For sedan, I generally check the CA on my tires every 5-6 runs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
Bad front dog bone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
try checking all the bearings too, the crash may have popped a seal and/or shimming may be needed if the plastic has a gap that wasn't there before the crash
Thanks for the help guys, but I think I found out the problem was when I crashed it, I posssibly broke my servo HS-5645MG (that the guy at the store told me I wouldn't) but it locks harder in one direction than the other when I dropped the travel to 70% its locking even on both sides and it dosent vibrate when turning to either side.

I purchased this hitec servo because I was told I wouldn't brake it and also was informed that Savox servos does not work well its specktrum receivers. Is this true?
Old 11-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #344
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

pop off the cover from your servo and inspect for stripped gears, on some brands of servos, I've had luck by simply rotating the stripped gear by 180 to get it working just as good as new, depending on which gear was stripped.

Hitec offers top notch service for their servos, they actually make service repairs. I've been burned in the past by Savox USA, they refused to do any service work outside of warranty (stripped gears are not covered under warranty either) and they sent me to contact Savox Global (Taiwan) who never responded after several attempts and after 6 months went by, I gave up on Savox. I've since found Turnigy servos to work better for me, and should I strip a gear, it's just as easy to replace the servo than to mess with a warranty claim, far more cost effective and better performance (for me) than Savox in comparison:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

If you continue to strip servo gears over time, it might be worth swapping brands of servo savers until you find one that provides better protection, I've been pretty happy with Kimbrough

Last edited by billdelong; 11-27-2013 at 07:50 AM.
billdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #345
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info!