R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2014, 06:53 PM   #451
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 129
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Moving Diff?
Has anyone else noticed their diff moving from side to side in the bulkhead? I'm running a front diff and it moves too. The movement is perhaps 1 to 2mm total from side to side, if this needs to be shimmed what size shims do you use on a diff?
__________________
Cheers, Jeff
c2tcardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:16 AM   #452
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2tcardin View Post
Moving Diff?
Has anyone else noticed their diff moving from side to side in the bulkhead? I'm running a front diff and it moves too. The movement is perhaps 1 to 2mm total from side to side, if this needs to be shimmed what size shims do you use on a diff?
There is some float, I doubt that if you measured it it would be as much as 1 or 2mm. You can use 10mm inside diameter shims to take the movement out, I don't actually think it is an issue myself, it keeps the drivetrain free running and I can't see that the outdrives end up fouling any other parts.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:15 AM   #453
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

418 Springs? the extra springs that come with the kit - are they hard springs? Can anyone help me what springs to get when running carpet. thanks.
__________________
Previous username: MBUCK
noworries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:18 AM   #454
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noworries View Post
418 Springs? the extra springs that come with the kit - are they hard springs? Can anyone help me what springs to get when running carpet. thanks.
Extra yellows are harder, about HPI silver/Tamiya Blue equivalent. Extra Reds are soft, about old Tamiya Red equivalent. Kit Blacks are medium, about old Tamiya Yellow equivalent.

You will probably need to run another manufacturers springs to get the fine differences between rates that most people are looking for. Seems the team drivers are mostly setting the car up with Yokomo or HPI springs. I've got ARC springs to hand.

Last edited by sosidge; 01-09-2014 at 02:02 PM.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:24 AM   #455
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
Extra yellows are harder, about HPI silver/Tamiya Blue equivalent. Extra Reds are soft, about old Tamiya Red equivalent. Kit Blacks are medium, about old Tamiya Red equivalent.

You will probably need to run another manufacturers springs to get the fine differences between rates that most people are looking for. Seems the team drivers are mostly setting the car up with Yokomo or HPI springs. I've got ARC springs to hand.
Thank you very much for your help
__________________
Previous username: MBUCK
noworries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #456
Tech Master
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,600
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation 418 kit?

Anymore 418 kits available thru online hobby stores?
__________________
Tamiya Track Local. 10,000 Watts of power! ($5 donations for gas appreciated)
Proud Father of GT-1 Past Champion!"Hey, I got to go to Japan too!
FF03,TA-05V2 ,EXO-6,TA-07,TRF419,EVO-6
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #457
Tech Initiate
 
Smokem Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 34
Default

We have some listed in our online shop, along with other goodies like the Hiro Seiko Blue aluminum and titanium screw kits for the 418.
__________________
Don't beat them. SMOKEM...

shop.smokem-racing.com
facebook.com/smokemracing
Smokem Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #458
Tech Master
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,600
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokem Racing View Post
We have some listed in our online shop, along with other goodies like the Hiro Seiko Blue aluminum and titanium screw kits for the 418.
Your got P.M.
Thanks
__________________
Tamiya Track Local. 10,000 Watts of power! ($5 donations for gas appreciated)
Proud Father of GT-1 Past Champion!"Hey, I got to go to Japan too!
FF03,TA-05V2 ,EXO-6,TA-07,TRF419,EVO-6
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #459
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 129
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
There is some float, I doubt that if you measured it it would be as much as 1 or 2mm. You can use 10mm inside diameter shims to take the movement out, I don't actually think it is an issue myself, it keeps the drivetrain free running and I can't see that the outdrives end up fouling any other parts.
Thanks, I was thinking the same thing regarding keeping things free running and it doesn't seem to disrupt anything. At least as far as I could tell.
__________________
Cheers, Jeff
c2tcardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #460
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

How are the new 6 degree C- hubs
Working compared to the 4?
Atechbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #461
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 35
Default

is it work???
asuradahk001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #462
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 869
Default

Been testing the 418 yesterday and the car runs great, did some minor adjustments to the standard setup and the car is great to drive and caries a nice cornerspeed.
I did notice that the swing shaft protectors are very weak, i've lost one of them at the front and i didn't had any crash at all.
I think the material is to hard, i need some better ones.
Does anybody know what brand that has some better swing shaft protectors, along with a part nr
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:57 PM   #463
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I'm still on my original set of blades (3 race meets) running 4.5t!

The Arc blades are stronger if you need an alternative - #R101030
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:44 AM   #464
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

418 on carpet. I just wanted to chime in to anyone who is looking to buy the 418. I have run several xray cars and found out the other day straight out of the box (I do need stiffer springs though) on carpet the car I think is amazing. I feel I am faster than my T4. I do know some people have said the 418 is not a carpet car but I find that far from the truth. I love it.
__________________
Previous username: MBUCK
noworries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #465
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 129
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noworries View Post
418 on carpet. I just wanted to chime in to anyone who is looking to buy the 418. I have run several xray cars and found out the other day straight out of the box (I do need stiffer springs though) on carpet the car I think is amazing. I feel I am faster than my T4. I do know some people have said the 418 is not a carpet car but I find that far from the truth. I love it.
+1..... I think it's great on carpet!
__________________
Cheers, Jeff
c2tcardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
417, 418, rm-01, tamiya, trf, yokomo bd7


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:50 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0