R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #436
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
Anyone making aluminum front end parts for the 418 yet?
I would steer clear from aluminium c-hubs and knuckles, aluminium doesn't snap but it does bend and you'll never be able to spot/find the bent section. The plastic parts also flex a little bit under cornering forces which gives you traction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2tcardin View Post
So I'm going to order some Tamiya "C" hubs but I'm also thinking of getting some new springs. I though the stock springs were too soft so I swapped them for the set I had on the 417, Tamiya Whites (Extra Stiff) on the front and Tamiya Blue (Stiff) from the 53440 on road spring set. Everyone here seems to favor the HPI Silvers but I'm unsure which ones to order, does anyone have a part number for them or perhaps the part number for the Ride Red's?
HPI silver part number : 6543
RIDE red part number : 28013
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #437
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcotiks View Post
I would steer clear from aluminium c-hubs and knuckles, aluminium doesn't snap but it does bend and you'll never be able to spot/find the bent section. The plastic parts also flex a little bit under cornering forces which gives you traction!

HPI silver part number : 6543
RIDE red part number : 28013
Thanks for the part numbers! I'm only going to put the aluminum hubs on till I can get replacement hubs from Tamiya.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #438
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks for the part numbers! I'm only going to put the aluminum hubs on till I can get replacement hubs from Tamiya.
You racing tomorrow at HoB Max? If so I'd like to see your car. Also, HPI silvers are for asphalt mostly. At Hob Max you want to run the Tamiya springs on your car or switch to Yokomo Pink fronts and Blue rears. You may want these if you run HPI and Yokomo springs on your car. http://www.speedtechhobbies.com/inde...roduct_id=1515

The HPI and Yokomo springs are a little loose on the shocks until there is preload on them.

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #439
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
You racing tomorrow at HoB Max? If so I'd like to see your car. Also, HPI silvers are for asphalt mostly. At Hob Max you want to run the Tamiya springs on your car or switch to Yokomo Pink fronts and Blue rears. You may want these if you run HPI and Yokomo springs on your car. http://www.speedtechhobbies.com/inde...roduct_id=1515

The HPI and Yokomo springs are a little loose on the shocks until there is preload on them.
I'll likely stop by and run the new car for a while, perhaps marshall a race or two for you guys. I have the larger diameter damper stays on my 417 already and the 418 now comes with them. I may set one of the cars up for asphalt and the other for carpet since I plan on keeping the 417. So the HPI springs will do me good in the future if I end up ordering them now.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #440
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'll likely stop by and run the new car for a while, perhaps marshall a race or two for you guys. I have the larger diameter damper stays on my 417 already and the 418 now comes with them. I may set one of the cars up for asphalt and the other for carpet since I plan on keeping the 417. So the HPI springs will do me good in the future if I end up ordering them now.
Good to know they come with the large diameter cups. My last Tamiya was the 416. Hopefully this spring we will get to run in the parking lot. Should be fun!

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #441
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Mine is now built for two or three weeks, let you Show on YouTube

youtube.com/watch?v=W7Vgft-uA_A

Please copy, why I not allowed to Show you by the link
Nice vid you have posted, i've got a 418 with the nr 11
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #442
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post

Jimmy if you look at Marc's setup it actually has Blue/Blue from Yokomo with 400cst front and 500cst rear.

I have this on the car and plan on testing it on Friday.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #443
Tech Elite

Does anyone know when the new suspension mounts come out? I know the solid pieces have a reinforced piece along the back and the split mounts have an angle for steering block adjustments. It's my first Tamiya and I don't really want to order the older mounts.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #444
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Does anyone know when the new suspension mounts come out? I know the solid pieces have a reinforced piece along the back and the split mounts have an angle for steering block adjustments. It's my first Tamiya and I don't really want to order the older mounts.
Some hong kong stores have them in stock, rc market and I think rc mart. The old blocks work fine on the new car though. It will be a little while until tamiya release the full range of new blocks.
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:30 PM   #445
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Jimmy if you look at Marc's setup it actually has Blue/Blue from Yokomo with 400cst front and 500cst rear.

I have this on the car and plan on testing it on Friday.
Don't forget ETS was mega grip! Blue/blue makes the car very easy to drive, pink/blue will make it more aggressive and maybe better lap times
Old 01-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #446
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I ran carpet this weekend with the 418 and made some changes to Marks set-up. I ended up using .5 of anti-squat in the front, 3mm and 3mm under the inner camber links for both front and rear along with Ride red springs. The car was DIALED. That says a lot because I usually hate running on carpet and I really enjoyed how the car felt!
OnRDPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #447
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnRDPassion View Post
I ran carpet this weekend with the 418 and made some changes to Marks set-up. I ended up using .5 of anti-squat in the front, 3mm and 3mm under the inner camber links for both front and rear along with Ride red springs. The car was DIALED. That says a lot because I usually hate running on carpet and I really enjoyed how the car felt!
Good to know, to get the .5 of anti squat in the front did you remove the spacers from under the suspension blocks? Or was it something else in addition to removing the spacers? I seem to recall Mark's set up already had the spacers removed on the front. Also what was the grip like on the track you ran with this setup?
Old 01-06-2014, 08:33 PM   #448
Tech Master

Quote:
Good to know, to get the .5 of anti squat in the front did you remove the spacers from under the suspension blocks? Or was it something else in addition to removing the spacers? I seem to recall Mark's set up already had the spacers removed on the front. Also what was the grip like on the track you ran with this setup?
I ended up removing the .5mm spacer under the front blocks and leaving the .5mm under the rear front blocks, I guess that's technically anti-dive sorry. The grip on the carpet was medium bite. Doing the anti-dive setting and putting the 6 degree blocks on my car made my car carry a ton of speed off the straight to the point where I was not needing to let off the throttle until I was all the way around the sweeper and headed into the first set of difficult turns.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #449
Tech Adept

I may have to try the 6 degree blocks. Would they help on a low traction carpet track?
Old 01-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #450
Tech Master

Quote:
I may have to try the 6 degree blocks. Would they help on a low traction carpet track?
They should help if you are needing more high speed steering.

Tags
417, 418, rm-01, tamiya, trf, yokomo bd7