R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #361
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
Nope, the TB04 manual is wrong. The 6 deg hubs still need the shim even on the tb04.

When I built it there was loads of movement until I fitted the 0.7mm shim. I have since bought the carbon re-enforced 6 deg hubs to fit on my 418 I will try to measure them as they will be stiffer than the GRP ones that were packaged with the TB04 pro.
My tb04 didn't require spacers on the 6 degree hub but did on the 4 degree carbon hub.
cj72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:58 AM   #362
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap

Since the 418 is running the same internal ratio as a Raceberry 417, does anyone know or checked whether the 418 belts are the same length/tooth number as the Serpent/Yokomo belts used in the Raceberry?
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:23 AM   #363
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap View Post
Since the 418 is running the same internal ratio as a Raceberry 417, does anyone know or checked whether the 418 belts are the same length/tooth number as the Serpent/Yokomo belts used in the Raceberry?
The rear belts can be interchanged but im not sure about the front maybe someone can confirm.
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #364
Tech Rookie

Hello !!! When I tight the screws on tha chassis the front and rear arms don't move freely ... What's the problem ??
darbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #365
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbil View Post
Hello !!! When I tight the screws on tha chassis the front and rear arms don't move freely ... What's the problem ??
This is common with TRF Kits. Depending on the kit, people will find the arms need no adjustment, or some need to sand off the "hinge pin ends of the arm" to allow the arms to swing freely, and it may also require different amounts off from front to rear arms.

I have friends that needed only to sand a little off, but I had to sand off a lot. It's just the way it is....

Hope this helps...
Old 12-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #366
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbil View Post
I have found this with almost all of my TRF kits and what I find the best thing to do is to remove the .5 mm spacer they suggest using and use .1 size shims instead. I start by placing .4mm shims on the arm, tighten, test, if too tight remove a .1mm shim tighten, retest, etc. I personally am not a fan of shaving down the arms unless you are trying to change the wheel base dramatically by filing more than .5mm off. Hope this helps!
OnRDPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #367
Tech Rookie

Thanks !!!!
darbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #368
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap View Post
Front belt is 1t smaller at 507mm
Old 12-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #369
Tech Apprentice

Comparo TRF418 & TRF417X
squalleonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #370
Tech Adept

squalleonde what brand of aluminum hubs do you use on your 417x? And how is the quality?
Atechbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #371
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atechbh View Post
squalleonde what brand of aluminum hubs do you use on your 417x? And how is the quality?
C-hub is from 3-Racing for TA05 FS or something. The knuckle and rear upright is from HL (Hua Leong) brand. Actually those for TRF416 Clones but fits 417x. I'm tired of broken c-hubs and all.

Quality wise surprisingly good after many crashes, none bended/tweaked.
squalleonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #372
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Burlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcotiks View Post
The rear belts can be interchanged but im not sure about the front maybe someone can confirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Front belt is 1t smaller at 507mm
Thanks for the info. That's good to see you could use the 418 rear belt. I don't think the adjustments for the front belt would be able to handle a belt that is down one tooth.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #373
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So I got my kit 2 days ago and have been working on it however today I discovered I'm missing (I think) the two Steering Spacers referenced on page page 8, step 9. There should be 2 spacers measuring 6.5 x 3.05 x 1mm (BB9) that hold the steering arms down. I don't have any spacers in my kit with these dimensions. The other odd thing is that when I look up the part on the parts list it says the part number is 51445 but a quick internet search for the part returns a drive axle, not a spacer. So at a minimum the parts list has the wrong part number listed, I also checked the parts list on Tamiya USA's website and the spacer does not show in the list of available parts for the 418.
So here is what I'm hoping, can someone snap a photo of this part from their kit (or give a description) so I can see if it's blue or silver and what the shape of it is? The reason I ask about the shape is that on Kentech's blog in his build photo of the steering arms it looks like the spacer has a beveled cut to it and it's blue. It's possible he used a different part for this though as he does substitute parts here and there.
Any help is much appreciated.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #374
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2tcardin View Post
So I got my kit 2 days ago and have been working on it however today I discovered I'm missing (I think) the two Steering Spacers referenced on page page 8, step 9. There should be 2 spacers measuring 6.5 x 3.05 x 1mm (BB9) that hold the steering arms down. I don't have any spacers in my kit with these dimensions. The other odd thing is that when I look up the part on the parts list it says the part number is 51445 but a quick internet search for the part returns a drive axle, not a spacer. So at a minimum the parts list has the wrong part number listed, I also checked the parts list on Tamiya USA's website and the spacer does not show in the list of available parts for the 418.
So here is what I'm hoping, can someone snap a photo of this part from their kit (or give a description) so I can see if it's blue or silver and what the shape of it is? The reason I ask about the shape is that on Kentech's blog in his build photo of the steering arms it looks like the spacer has a beveled cut to it and it's blue. It's possible he used a different part for this though as he does substitute parts here and there.
Any help is much appreciated.

I checked my downloaded manual, and it says 13455917? maybe you mistook the part number with another one

anyway, here it is

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...spacer-3455917
Minami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #375
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minami View Post
I checked my downloaded manual, and it says 13455917? maybe you mistook the part number with another one

anyway, here it is

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...spacer-3455917
Sweet thanks, I think I just located them. I was thinking that their parts numbers were always 5 digits so when I looked at the parts list in the manual I looked to the right and took that number, which happens to be the axle I kept pulling up online. Ok, time to get the eyes checked!

Tags
417, 418, rm-01, tamiya, trf, yokomo bd7