R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #331
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,048
Default

Dizope, if you still have your race berry conversion for the 417 and want to sell it. Email your price shipped to California. Aveytia@gmail.com. Thanks
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #332
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,186
Default

Got my 418 ready to build

Also got an interview with Marc Rheinard here with his hopes and aspirations for the 2014 championship and the TRF418

http://www.thercracer.com/2013/12/ra...-rheinard.html
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #333
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central CA
Posts: 157
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia View Post
Dizope, if you still have your race berry conversion for the 417 and want to sell it. Email your price shipped to California. Aveytia@gmail.com. Thanks
Going to keep it. Thanks for asking.
__________________
Richard G.

Tamiya...
dizope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #334
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
Anyone know if the Roche anti-roll bar mounts for the 417 will fit this car? Or any other alternative mounts that don't move around so easily?
I believe the arc ones are a direct fit. I would steer clear of the ones that brace the bulkhead
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:05 AM   #335
Tech Master
 
OnRDPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West LA
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Well I had my first practice day with the 418 on carpet today and wow the car was awesome! I had some engine troubles with getting the right gearing but once that was figured out it was all good. The only other thing that was weird is the front blades on the spool kept breaking but that was because of clipping a board or two. It was nice to run this car considering the last time I had run on carpet was two years ago and with a TC6 and this car was substantially better.

Tomorrow I will be going to the Tamiya America test track in California. Looking forward to seeing how the car performs out there as well.
__________________
Jay Williams
Xray RX8 2014
RC America - Protoform Racing - KO Propo USA - Kevco Racing / Picco EDO Modified - Byrons Fuels
OnRDPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:55 AM   #336
Tech Master
 
halim6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Puchong, Selangor DE
Posts: 1,121
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to halim6 Send a message via Yahoo to halim6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnRDPassion View Post
Well I had my first practice day with the 418 on carpet today and wow the car was awesome! I had some engine troubles with getting the right gearing but once that was figured out it was all good. The only other thing that was weird is the front blades on the spool kept breaking but that was because of clipping a board or two. It was nice to run this car considering the last time I had run on carpet was two years ago and with a TC6 and this car was substantially better.

Tomorrow I will be going to the Tamiya America test track in California. Looking forward to seeing how the car performs out there as well.
Hi,
Had the same problem with the front blades running on carpet, changed to gear diff filled with putty (Ride Hardness 45) and the blades are ok.
__________________
>> RIGHT TO RACE <<
** This is my HOBBY. It's all about having FUN, and it's my ultimate STRESS Reliever!! **
halim6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #337
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Something to keep an eye on then. I only replaced one blade in the 4 days at AOC Yatabe and that was also after a crash & I ran the same blades for 2 meets since on asphalt.

If it becomes an issue the ARC R10 blades are a direct fit and they are almost impossible to remove once they are fitted to the driveshaft
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #338
Tech Master
 
OnRDPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West LA
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

So today I went to the Tamiya test track and did a little R&D. It was tough day needless to say as the grip wasn't up to where it normally is and it was cold. I did however by the end of the day end up getting the car close to what I wanted.

Front:
6 Degree C-hubs
1mm under the steering ball studs for the ackerman
450 wt oil
Ride Red springs
0mm shims under the inner camber link
1mm shims under the outer camber link
5mm Ride height
5mm Droop +1 Degree toe
C in front
B in the rear
.5 mm shim under the blocks

Rear
450 wt oil
Ride Red springs
5mm Ride height
5mm droop
0mm shims under the inner camber link
4mm shims under the outer camber links
2 degrees of camber
XC front separate
C in rear
.5mm shims under the blocks

I was running with a Mazda 6 light weight body. I tried using the LTC-R and did not like it at all.
__________________
Jay Williams
Xray RX8 2014
RC America - Protoform Racing - KO Propo USA - Kevco Racing / Picco EDO Modified - Byrons Fuels
OnRDPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #339
Tech Prophet
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tega Cay, SC / Charlotte
Posts: 15,134
Trader Rating: 1068 (100%+)
Default

Anyone in the US looking to get a 418 soon? PM me
__________________
Less warning labels... more Darwin!
EZ Customs Paint / Xtreme RC
ON ROAD: XRAY T4 '15 USVTA/USGT X1 F1 , OFF ROAD RB6
and for those that don't know me.. I'm a sarcastic A DBL S
Dave Cates Founder of www.GO-RCing.org
bigwavedave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #340
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,345
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged69chevy View Post
Craig, how did you make that access hole on the top of your ball cups? did you just grind each one by hand?
Nick you haven't noticed the my ball cups have holes mine it's been like that forever.. Easy way to put a hole on the ball cups is use body reamer...
__________________
Localrcracing.com - Your premiere source of Radio controlled Racing in central California.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #341
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tustin,CA,USA
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnRDPassion View Post
So today I went to the Tamiya test track and did a little R&D. It was tough day needless to say as the grip wasn't up to where it normally is and it was cold. I did however by the end of the day end up getting the car close to what I wanted.

Front:
6 Degree C-hubs
1mm under the steering ball studs for the ackerman
450 wt oil
Ride Red springs
0mm shims under the inner camber link
1mm shims under the outer camber link
5mm Ride height
5mm Droop +1 Degree toe
C in front
B in the rear
.5 mm shim under the blocks

Rear
450 wt oil
Ride Red springs
5mm Ride height
5mm droop
0mm shims under the inner camber link
4mm shims under the outer camber links
2 degrees of camber
XC front separate
C in rear
.5mm shims under the blocks

I was running with a Mazda 6 light weight body. I tried using the LTC-R and did not like it at all.

No kidding it was cold, I broke out my Sorex 20's today!

I was there with today my TRF418 briefly as well, had mine built according to kit. I'm not a very good driver or mechanic so I don't have anything to contribute but I have a quick question. The ride red are they #28103 tq only has one left in stock
torg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #342
Tech Master
 
OnRDPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West LA
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by torg View Post
No kidding it was cold, I broke out my Sorex 20's today!

I was there with today my TRF418 briefly as well, had mine built according to kit. I'm not a very good driver or mechanic so I don't have anything to contribute but I have a quick question. The ride red are they #28103 tq only has one left in stock
I couldn't find that item # on tq's website. I bought mine from speedtechhobbies.com. They were MR33 red which is the same as the Ride reds as well.

I didn't know anyone else was there running a 418. I bounced around 2:30 as I had more things to do later on. Next time come by and say hi!
__________________
Jay Williams
Xray RX8 2014
RC America - Protoform Racing - KO Propo USA - Kevco Racing / Picco EDO Modified - Byrons Fuels
OnRDPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #343
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Jay,
Did you run kit wheelbase? And what difference did you notice with the 6deg hubs - I keep meaning to try them?
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #344
Tech Master
 
OnRDPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West LA
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Jay,
Did you run kit wheelbase? And what difference did you notice with the 6deg hubs - I keep meaning to try them?
I was running 4mm of shims in front of the rear arms and then 2 mm behind the front arms. I liked the 6 degree hubs as it seemed to give the car more steering at off power corner entry. I definitely liked them better both on carpet and on asphalt.
__________________
Jay Williams
Xray RX8 2014
RC America - Protoform Racing - KO Propo USA - Kevco Racing / Picco EDO Modified - Byrons Fuels
OnRDPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #345
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 204
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Anyone here ever have trouble with customs when buying from HK? My 418 is still stuck in customs in Chicago. I have bought several things from HK in the past and its usually in and out of customs in less than a day. I REALLY hope they didn't lose my $500 package.

I'm trying to wait until after Christmas to call USPS or customs since I know they are overloaded right now with the holidays. I'm hoping my package is taking a long time because they are backed up and not because they lost it.
TamiyaMatt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
417, 418, rm-01, tamiya, trf, yokomo bd7


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:00 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0