R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #1501
Tech Master
 
xrayaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,174
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Send a message via AIM to xrayaustin
Default

Admist all this banter about durability. ..

i would like to give an update from nationals. I'm running my car in 17.5 and am still trying a lot of things after the second round. As of now I'm in 5th but should be 3rd (bad blowout in the second round). I have the entire samix conversion on and is much better even in stock for those of u wondering if it would work in stock. The car is very consistent across the 6 minutes. Trying to get the car to run faster upfront currently.

Hopefully after tomorrow I can report back and say that I'm in the top 3 where I feel like me and the car of capable of being. The car drives good and handles great. Will report back later and if I can get the car better I will post my setup if somebody wants it
__________________
Www.superiorhobbies.com

2010 cleveland indoor champs and 2011 snowbird nationals 17.5 stock A main winner
xrayaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:19 AM   #1502
Tech Fanatic
 
d16dcoe45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Armonk, NY
Posts: 932
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayaustin View Post
Admist all this banter about durability. ..

i would like to give an update from nationals. I'm running my car in 17.5 and am still trying a lot of things after the second round. As of now I'm in 5th but should be 3rd (bad blowout in the second round). I have the entire samix conversion on and is much better even in stock for those of u wondering if it would work in stock. The car is very consistent across the 6 minutes. Trying to get the car to run faster upfront currently.

Hopefully after tomorrow I can report back and say that I'm in the top 3 where I feel like me and the car of capable of being. The car drives good and handles great. Will report back later and if I can get the car better I will post my setup if somebody wants it
Who carries the Samix conversion in the States?
__________________
Jay Lestingi


Tamiya/Team Associated/Orca
d16dcoe45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:38 AM   #1503
Tech Master
 
xrayaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,174
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Send a message via AIM to xrayaustin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d16dcoe45 View Post
Who carries the Samix conversion in the States?
Probably nobody honestly. Superior ordered me one from rc mart. Other than that im not sure
__________________
Www.superiorhobbies.com

2010 cleveland indoor champs and 2011 snowbird nationals 17.5 stock A main winner
xrayaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:03 AM   #1504
Tech Elite
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayaustin View Post

The car drives good and handles great. Will report back later and if I can get the car better I will post my setup if somebody wants it
Good luck, please do.
__________________
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:19 AM   #1505
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
I read that YR and 3R uses cheap aluminum to make their parts? It'll work for most applications, but not for high stress areas.
Don't know how cheap it is, but Tamiya use a soft alloy too on all their parts. Xray is the only brand from what I have that used a harder alloy in the past. Currently it only uses it on driveshaft bones from what I can tell. And frankly, I don't think there's need for over engineering. If you can bend the alloy your driving needs improvement, not the material.
__________________
Team Greasy Weasel

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:32 PM   #1506
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,898
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
Good luck, please do.
+1
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:25 PM   #1507
Tech Master
 
xrayaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,174
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Send a message via AIM to xrayaustin
Default

Well after qualifying at the nationals is over I qualified 4th. The car is still.driving well. Needs to just be a bit more free to be where I need to be to win. But for A1 new tires free my car up so hopefully make something happen. I geared up to and the car picked up pace. Will report back after mains. A win is probably not likely as scotty is pacing the field but top 3 is definently in reach and with triple A mains anything is possible
__________________
Www.superiorhobbies.com

2010 cleveland indoor champs and 2011 snowbird nationals 17.5 stock A main winner
xrayaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #1508
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,029
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Good luck mate.

Make sure you record your setup and get it posted to petitrc
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:15 AM   #1509
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayaustin View Post
Well after qualifying at the nationals is over I qualified 4th. The car is still.driving well. Needs to just be a bit more free to be where I need to be to win. But for A1 new tires free my car up so hopefully make something happen. I geared up to and the car picked up pace. Will report back after mains. A win is probably not likely as scotty is pacing the field but top 3 is definently in reach and with triple A mains anything is possible
Good luck
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #1510
Tech Addict
 
acutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 505
Default

Finished building my car and after almost 6 years roughly away from the sport will be racing the car next Sunday for the first time.
It have a question regarding springs, I built the car with the stock springs but they feel really soft. I will be running a fast track and was wondering what a good front and rear spring would be. The 418 kit I have came with a few other tamiya spring options and when I bought it it came with RIDE black extra hard 0.333kgf/mm and purple hard 0.316kgf/mm springs. Anyone know what would be the best starting option?
acutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #1511
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,190
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Asphalt or carpet?

I'm using the HPI silvers on asphalt with good results.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #1512
Tech Addict
 
acutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Asphalt or carpet?

I'm using the HPI silvers on asphalt with good results.
Sorry outdoor asphalt
acutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #1513
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,898
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acutts View Post
Sorry outdoor asphalt
You can try get your hands on a hpi silver. The old silver colored and new black coated ones are not the same, even though the part#s are. Hard to find the old ones, and the pro setups that refer to it are those. As an alternative, you can get ride reds, as they can be better depending on your track conditions.
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:55 PM   #1514
Tech Addict
 
acutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
You can try get your hands on a hpi silver. The old silver colored and new black coated ones are not the same, even though the part#s are. Hard to find the old ones, and the pro setups that refer to it are those. As an alternative, you can get ride reds, as they can be better depending on your track conditions.
No where can I find ride reds or hip silvers in stock sadly. Are Hara Reds the same??
acutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #1515
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 9
Default

Try schumacher greens...
They are the same as the HPI silvers.
miguelito75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
417, 418, rm-01, tamiya, trf, yokomo bd7


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:00 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0