Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Low 11's with my sonic or vulcan in gt
Old 08-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Low 11's with my sonic or vulcan in gt
Darkside I have a sonic mach2 it seems to lack punch compared to a revtech d3. I outdriven the guys with D3 but the mach2" wont give me lap time .5 of those motors! What gearing do you run an how big is your track? Our track is120'x70' an is about to expand 140'x75'. The trackis flowing and pretty fast.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
EA is @10.49(avg lap 10.7)
Robert D 10.9
Me... Not telling Lol ( not good)...
I looked it up on live rc. I guess your layout must be very open for those times. Ours is is pretty tight in spots as our mod times are not even in the low 10s.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
Is that in a touring car or f1? If it is for a tc what do you have it geared I have one i just bought an it was a dog in my TC. In a F1 they are smooth and fast but from what Ive seen they lack the grunt to move a TC!
I have witnessed this as well. A friend got a new Reedy Mach2 to run in his TC and no matter what gearing or timing he tried the thing was a dog, it had no torque to pull it out of the corners and pathetic top speed, along with running hotter than other people using Mach1's & other motors.
He then switched to a new Orion motor and his car was faster straight away, having lots of torque out of the corners and insanely top end speeds.

I have a older Reedy myself and I'm satisfied with it's performance, but it seems the Mach2's are not up to the task for 21.5 blinky racing in a touring car, but are very fast in a F1 car.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

who has the orion motor rob ?????
Old 08-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Professor
who has the orion motor rob ?????
Noel does. He also has the Reedy Mach2, at the ACT indoor titles his Reedy was very slow no matter what gearing & timing he tried with it. He bolted in the Orion motor with recommended roll out and there was a very big difference straight away.

Gordon has also told me that a Mach2 he got for Max runs hotter & slower than the older ones, but if you watch Beth's F1 car it's very fast with a mach2 Reedy in it.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Well....

I'm still using an X12 from 2010 SMA round of CC (turbo era) & despite only having driven three times in 12mths, still in top 5 in A's at the club

Greg C is using a Thunder Power which is at least 2yrs old & you saw how he went last Friday

Buy a quality motor & develop it, just like a chassis
Old 08-14-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Well I found a new reedy sonic for sale on line it said it was the older version and showed a picture of the older motor as well . hopefully I will receive it without much wait time .
So at this point the only motor I will not possess to test with is the orca Tx /revtech /x20. I think I have spent just as much on motors this year as I did on cars last yr...
Old 08-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i have 2 of the original reedy's 21.5, 1 of which was purchaced when they 1st came out
the second not long after & cant fault them,i have spoken to quite a few ppl that have the mach 2 versions & all said the same thing that they are not as good as the 1st version (these have all been run in tc) so my next purchace unfortunately wont be the reedy
Old 08-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I had a look at Noel's Reedy Mach 2 and it wasnt shimmed correctly from the factory there was no play at all in the rotor which in turn stuffed the bearings as well.
And a few other guys at SMA have had bearing issues in their 13.5's that they were testing out.

I had to gear my Mach 2 in the F1 different to the original, it has the same down low torque but doesnt have the torque up top, its more revvy,

Beth.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I run a Tekin Redline 21.5 RPM motor in my USGT (Xray009) and I get TQ very weekend and kill everyone in the class. It's to the point that they want to tech my car every weekend because they think I am cheating. But I am not. Plus I am running a Hobbywing Just stock ESC also.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FL_SilverEvo8
I run a Tekin Redline 21.5 RPM motor in my USGT (Xray009) and I get TQ very weekend and kill everyone in the class. It's to the point that they want to tech my car every weekend because they think I am cheating. But I am not. Plus I am running a Hobbywing Just stock ESC also.
I run a Tekin gen2 21.5 Torque model and it is .2 off a a Revtech D3 21.5. What do you gear your Tekin and is it a Gen1 or Gen2? I also run a hobbywing Just stock too.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

You can't just compare a motor based on "person X's car passed me on the straight" or vice versa. If someone carries more corner speed than the other or is able to get on the throttle earlier than another person, they will be faster down the straight.

These "which motor is faster" threads are comical. No one compares apples to apples. Because it's next to impossible to do. Every motor likes to be geared different. So using the same gearing and switching motors won't work either. People maintain their cars to different standards, so I can have a "slower" motor and still beat a guy with a "faster" motor.

Sorry. Carry on.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Well then grab a motor I have in my arsenal and come do testing ...
ive tried diffetent gearing eith each motor ive tested
Old 08-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Odin544
You can't just compare a motor based on "person X's car passed me on the straight" or vice versa. If someone carries more corner speed than the other or is able to get on the throttle earlier than another person, they will be faster down the straight.

These "which motor is faster" threads are comical. No one compares apples to apples. Because it's next to impossible to do. Every motor likes to be geared different. So using the same gearing and switching motors won't work either. People maintain their cars to different standards, so I can have a "slower" motor and still beat a guy with a "faster" motor.

Sorry. Carry on.
Dude comon man I am a smooth driver I carry corner speed I beat cars in the infield I loose down the straights. I am not new to RC brushless yes RC no my cars are well maintained!
If you were here those are dueling words. No it isn;t Comical in 21.5 some motor can push a touring car and some motors can only push an F1 car or a monster truck! Many 21.5 motor werenot designed for touring car racing. Intill recently most 21.5 motors were built for crawlers or F1 cars not touring cars and If you don't share some info things will take more time to develop. I see you are a arrogant a$$.
Sonic motors are very fast in a F1 car. I have yet to see a motor faster then a D3 in 21.5 GT. So if faster motor threads are usless the D3.5 would still be legal there must be something too some motors are faster then others!!!IMAO
So you Carry on Mate

Last edited by vivo quevas; 08-14-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.