Like Tree11Likes

Tamiya TB04 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Brilliant, thankyou!
Old 06-29-2015, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm very interested in the new TB-04R for my little girl, I just need to know if there are some issues about this car like (center) gears stripping or not?
She's at the stage where she is capable to win her races so i want a car that has minor or no issues and is as good as a TA05 or TA06.
We have been driving a TA06 and a TA05 with good results for years, both cars are sold but she needs a new car so i'm thinking about this version of the TB04 series.

Hope to get some good information/reactions about this car.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
I'm very interested in the new TB-04R for my little girl, I just need to know if there are some issues about this car like (center) gears stripping or not?
She's at the stage where she is capable to win her races so i want a car that has minor or no issues and is as good as a TA05 or TA06.
We have been driving a TA06 and a TA05 with good results for years, both cars are sold but she needs a new car so i'm thinking about this version of the TB04 series.

I am only a layman when it comes to R/C

The previous TB04s and the TB04R have the same basic parts, specifically the gears as to what I saw here on the manual:

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcmanual/84412.pdf

Using my logic, it might have some issues with stripping gears which was already addressed in the previous posts here on this thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...04-pro-52.html

I still own my TB04 Pro II and upgraded to steel bevel gears plus I shimmed it.

I bought the parts here:

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=7051

It runs smooth but noisy. Other than that, I have no issues with my chassis.

On a personal note, I do like the TB04R. It's bundled with many goodies I sought after.

Good luck sir.

Last edited by SagadSetup; 06-29-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

With it being shimmed properly. I ran a 5.5t in it with zero problems oneday on a carpet track. Car seems noisy no matter what you do. Drivetrain is very free on my car. I can blow on the wheels and the drive train starts to move. Why not find her a like new 418?
Old 06-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
With it being shimmed properly. I ran a 5.5t in it with zero problems oneday on a carpet track. Car seems noisy no matter what you do. Drivetrain is very free on my car. I can blow on the wheels and the drive train starts to move. Why not find her a like new 418?
I already have a TRF418 and she's got a Spec-R S2 with some option parts aswell.
The thing is that she needs a plastic tub chassis to participate in a certain class.
This class only allows silvercan or equal motors.
She now runs 17.5T motor or occasionally with my TRF418 10.5T motor and she's capable of driving at higher speeds, but the races that she will participate has always extremely technical layouts.
It's very narrow and best suited for 1/12th scale racing. technical layouts are not her favourite tracks although she drives very well for just being 11years old.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
I am only a layman when it comes to R/C

The previous TB04s and the TB04R have the same basic parts, specifically the gears as to what I saw here on the manual:

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcmanual/84412.pdf

Using my logic, it might have some issues with stripping gears which was already addressed in the previous posts here on this thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...04-pro-52.html

I still own my TB04 Pro II and upgraded to steel bevel gears plus I shimmed it.

I bought the parts here:

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=7051

It runs smooth but noisy. Other than that, I have no issues with my chassis.

On a personal note, I do like the TB04R. It's bundled with many goodies I sought after.

Good luck sir.
Thx for the info, i thought i've been reading something about those gears in the past but i wasn't sure.
It's because of the included option parts that this car is very interesting and the price is still droping wich makes it even more interesting
Old 07-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Thx for the info, i thought i've been reading something about those gears in the past but i wasn't sure.
It's because of the included option parts that this car is very interesting and the price is still droping wich makes it even more interesting
Good luck sir!

Reasonable price over at RCMart.

http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-84412-t...cPath=420_1167
Old 08-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Bri
Tech Regular

What's your guys opinion on a stock TB04 vs a TT02R? I am looking at setting up a car for a USGT 21.5 class on an outdoor asphalt track. I am kind of partial to Tamiya and was looking to do some racing on a budget and wasn't sure which chassis is more race worthy.

Best regards,
Brian
Old 08-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Objectively, the TB04 has adjustability.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Bri
What's your guys opinion on a stock TB04 vs a TT02R? I am looking at setting up a car for a USGT 21.5 class on an outdoor asphalt track. I am kind of partial to Tamiya and was looking to do some racing on a budget and wasn't sure which chassis is more race worthy.

Best regards,
Brian
My regular slightly hopped-up TT-02 is a bit lighter than my Pro II. Could be the lighter esc, but I think it's about 40 grams difference.

I'd get the type-S TT-02 out of those for USGT. The main benefit of the regular tt-02 is the height adjustability (rally, or "low") but this creates a front suspension design that just seems more prone to breaking compared to the type S' more standard style arms. It's a great value for Tamiya, but I'd go for a spec-r S2 (or a Sakura XI Sport) in USGT out of the options in that price range.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.exotekracing.com/exo-six-...sion-for-evo6/

They have conversion parts for the TB04 Pro I and II for this.

Something to look forward to! I plan on getting this for sure.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ErikO
http://www.exotekracing.com/exo-six-...sion-for-evo6/

They have conversion parts for the TB04 Pro I and II for this.

Something to look forward to! I plan on getting this for sure.
Thanks for posting this I have a pro 4 and EVO6 so I ordered my EVO 6 conversion this morning really looking forward to racing this setup. It will go perfect with my F1 R. This inline motor setup is what the EVO 6 needed to make it modern race car now if tamiya can strengthen the gears for the diff's.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:49 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
Thanks for posting this I have a pro 4 and EVO6 so I ordered my EVO 6 conversion this morning really looking forward to racing this setup. It will go perfect with my F1 R. This inline motor setup is what the EVO 6 needed to make it modern race car now if tamiya can strengthen the gears for the diff's.
I ordered mine early this morning too...
Now I have the EVO5 and TB04 conversion
Old 08-28-2015, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm going to run my tub chassis through the winter and upgrade in the spring. Looking forward to seeing the difference!
Old 08-28-2015, 10:58 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ErikO
I'm going to run my tub chassis through the winter and upgrade in the spring. Looking forward to seeing the difference!
why not now?? R U racing outdoor still?
This conversion is better for indoor as much as out door..
I also have the TA05V2 Exotek fully loaded of tamiya hop up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.