R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #286
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,299
Default

Would this keep up with a pack of high-end cars in stock class? The weight limit is set at 1375g. I used to pick up the Pro version for previous cars, but ended up spending more than the R or a TRF model. I guess Tamiya gets you right there, but you just can't help the addiction of adding parts
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #287
Tech Elite
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,151
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Built my kit,...it is lovely,... that is all...

And there is more to this chassis (when compared to its predecessor the TB03) than just the LATERALLY positioned motor.. Anxious to compare it on the track..

-O
__________________
•KO Propo America
•EXOTEK

Last edited by OSherman; 10-29-2013 at 08:37 AM.
OSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:56 PM   #288
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,343
Default

Hello everyone. My friend is building his TB04. Do you think the plastic cross pins in the front diff can handle putty or 2.5Mil diff fluid?
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #289
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,183
Default

I have 1million fluid in one of mine atm, I seems ok but it's only had light use as of yet.
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:13 AM   #290
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1
Default

I made two Testdrives with my TB-04 Pro. All over 15 minutes of driving and get stones in my Pinion and Spur Gear for three times. The last time the stone damaged my spur gear. Now I have to wait for another shipping from HK. I was testing in a parkinggarage without many stones. What cann I do. Its my first car i have problems like this.
Baylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #291
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylon View Post
I made two Testdrives with my TB-04 Pro. All over 15 minutes of driving and get stones in my Pinion and Spur Gear for three times. The last time the stone damaged my spur gear. Now I have to wait for another shipping from HK. I was testing in a parkinggarage without many stones. What cann I do. Its my first car i have problems like this.
Cover the hole under the spur gear with a good tape. What happened to you is very common on unprepared surfaces. If you have a leaf blower. Blow off the area you are running on first.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #292
FMW
Tech Fanatic
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 767
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys,

In case no one has mentioned it, we have an updated assembly sequence posted on the product page of the TB-04 Pro and the standard TB-04. A few people both in Japan and the USA discovered a bind in the transmission. The new posted assembly sequence in steps 3-8 make a huge difference in the efficiency of the drivetrain.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...ssis-kit-84339

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...aferrari-58580
FMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #293
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post
Hey guys,

In case no one has mentioned it, we have an updated assembly sequence posted on the product page of the TB-04 Pro and the standard TB-04. A few people both in Japan and the USA discovered a bind in the transmission. The new posted assembly sequence in steps 3-8 make a huge difference in the efficiency of the drivetrain.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...ssis-kit-84339

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...aferrari-58580

Ok thanks. I was wondering about that.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #294
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,343
Default

Does anyone know if the 417 Diff II cups work on the gear diffs to replace the steel ones? Just trying to figure out what Satoshi was using in Japan.
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #295
Tech Elite
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Does anyone know if the 417 Diff II cups work on the gear diffs to replace the steel ones? Just trying to figure out what Satoshi was using in Japan.
No, they are different.

Here is the part number, but they aren't available yet.

54543  Aluminum Cup Joints for TB-04 Gear Differential Unit (Long & Short)
__________________
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #296
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,343
Default

I figured, thanks.
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #297
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,723
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

So when is the TB04-R coming out with the newly revise motor mount?
__________________
Izzy
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #298
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
No, they are different.

Here is the part number, but they aren't available yet.

54543  Aluminum Cup Joints for TB-04 Gear Differential Unit (Long & Short)
I'm using those TRF417 alu diff outdrives in my TA06 gear diff.
I do use 2 sets for just 1 gear diff, cause i can only use the short ones of that set.
Perhaps it's also the same case for a TB-04 gear diff. try to do some measuring about the sizes of the long and short outdrives and let this checked by other guys who have those TRF417 alu gear diff outdrives.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #299
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 211
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Anyone using the TB04 for drifting by chance?
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #300
Tech Elite
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
I'm using those TRF417 alu diff outdrives in my TA06 gear diff.
I do use 2 sets for just 1 gear diff, cause i can only use the short ones of that set.
Perhaps it's also the same case for a TB-04 gear diff. try to do some measuring about the sizes of the long and short outdrives and let this checked by other guys who have those TRF417 alu gear diff outdrives.
The length is wrong.

I ordered two sets gambling they would fit. They don't.
__________________
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:29 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0