R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #586
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Way to go Myron, bring that VTA hardware home! What happened to ya in USGT? Car break, or was you still running around outside screaming " I WON USVTA " when it started?
Pemberton SJ27 / Tekin RS / Cooper D4SS 17.5 / EAM 5000 / Futaba 9551 / 17.5lm
Pemberton SJ27 / Tekin RS / Bullet 13.5 / EAM 5000 / Savox 1251 / 13.5 Pro EDM

TLR22 / Tekin RS / D4SS 6.5 / Futaba 9551 / ORCA 6000 /SCMOD,
F14 carpet Oval Chassis too!
alloyslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #587
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thank you The Gate and Grand Slam crew for putting a great event. Had a blast this weekend. Look forward to it again in the future.
Brent Klingforth
Sponsors: Awesomatix USA ~ Roche USA ~ ORCA ~ AVID Bearings ~ Team Powers USA
TQ Wire ~ ProtoForm ~ BSR Racing Tires ~ 2mm Design
5280raceway.com [Operated by - Colorado On-Road RC Club]
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23rd 2017 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com

Last edited by bkspeedo; 10-27-2013 at 06:58 PM.
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #588
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

200 entries, a packed house, and 3 days of racing. Doesn't get any better than that. Thanks to all the racers from the crew at NORCAR. The pics I took are on our FB page. Once again thank you for your support and hope you will all come back in the future.

mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #589
Tech Regular

First, thanks to all the racers of not creating any drama, that I heard of. Also thanks for making me realize I have so much more work to do to be fast. The completion at all levels was insane.

John P really kept the show going, he deserves a ton of props.

Thanks to the Midwest Grand Slam organizers for holding the kick off race at the gate.

And finally, the entire gate crew. Since MSI closed I have been traveling there as much as I could. Every time I have felt welcome there and felt like part of the "family". The changes and updates they have done there in the past year, mainly last couple months, are just amazing. The whole NORCAR gang and volunteers really made this event run perfect. The Grand Slam series should be honored to be allowed to be able to link the series at a long standing tradition that only seems to be getting bigger again.

Thanks again!
Franchise Racing Products * Fantom Racing * Pro One R/C Tires * RC America/Xray * Discount R/C Store * F1 R/C Lab * NORCAR @ The Gate
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #590
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I believe this was my 7th time visiting the Gate and as always it is a great time. Thanks to everyone who put the event on and I'm sure our Maryland group will be back next year!
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:42 AM   #591
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another Halloween Classic in the books! What a great event, Congratulations to all the winners. Special thanks to the crew at NORCAR at the Gate for a fantastic event! Special thanks to all our team drivers, Adam Bucholtz, Shawn Rayfield, Josh Nessel, Shawn Bushnell, Alston Kelso, and Todd Bigalow. Also Special thanks to Steve Dunn from Pro One R/C Tires for hooking us up with a great product! Looking forward to round 2! At this year’s Cleveland Indoor Champs!
Mike Wise
Franchise Racing Products
FranchiseRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:34 AM   #592
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Thanks to everyone.

Thanks to everyone that came to The Gate for this event, WHAT A WEEKEND. From the crew at The Gate to the ladies working the hobby shop/snack bar, to all the racers. A big thanks to everyone for making this a GREAT TIME....Wayne,Chuck,Ron,Brian,Joe,Steve, thanks to you and everyone else that made this weekend possible. Thanks to John Peoples for a great job on the mike and keeping the show moving along....

Last edited by TWILL; 10-28-2013 at 09:14 AM.
TWILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:56 AM   #593
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Another HC in the books!

I just wanted to thank everyone who came out and raced, all the folks involved getting this race ready, and the people for keeping it running during the day. The list of people is too long to make and I'm sure I'll forget some, so I'll keep it short and to the point

I think I got about 10 hours total sleep this weekend (mainly because of Dumper keeping me up), but it was worth it!

I hope everyone had a good time and enjoyed the race.

**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #594
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22

had a good time at the gate for my first visit but not my last. # damn those usvta are fast. hope to have my nerves with me next year for my TC 17.5 race.
serpent 977WC-novarossi-748TQ
serpent S120 LTR-S411ERYX-F110fs2
serpent America/Ashford Hobby/skyrocket racing
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............http://serpent.com/
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #595
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Another great Halloween Classic, another year to ponder my failures.

Thanks to the NORCAR group for being the dedicated organization required to pull off an accomplishment like this. You guys are really making things happen @ the Gate. Thanks also for inviting the Midwest Grand Slam in to help with the show again.

Thanks to John Peoples for being an animal of a race director. He was a machine folks. 202 entries. He ran 3 rounds on Saturday, 80 some-odd heats and had time to wait for the very few people (me included) who needed a racer's minute. Simply amazing. This will be our man in a month at the U.S Indoor Champs, so you know it's going to be good.

Thanks to Ken Miller for happily raising your price on mustache rides and your tireless dedication to R/C in general. The MWGS would not exist if it weren't for his efforts and I'd probably have a big screen TV. Thanks to Steve Dunn for all your help, all the tire advice and sorry I'm too loud. Thanks to Mr. Franchise for the laughs, being a setup sounding board, and for spelling my name wrong. Thanks to Chicky for not reinforcing my low R/C car self esteem. Thanks to the Carrubbas for all your help with getting the Champs ready. Thanks for the game of pool, Arturo, we're going to get a group of guys to do this next year...

Thanks to all the travel racers for making this event so incredibly insane. The Thunder crew, Middle River gang, Horsham, Detroit, Illinois guys, Dumper showed from Upstate, Syndrome flying in for what used to be the Champs warmup race, and many others I apologize for forgetting. You guys are what motivates the NORCAR guys to work that hard.

See you all in 32 days when the world descends on Cleveland for the 2013 U.S. Indoor Champs... again. Instead of a warm up for the Champs, will the Champs be the only way we can relax after the Classic?

Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #596
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks everyone for a great time.

First time there.... Great place, great people.
Jackson RC Raceway, Home of the 2011 Paved On Road Nats!
Horsham RC Raceway,Home of the 2013 and 2015 Carpet On Road Nats!

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/RIP Jon Williams
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #597
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Wooo hoo - another classic, another good time. Great competition. Epic battles. I hope to see some videos from one of the many camera people in attendance. Big thanks to the "family" of racers for putting this race on year over year. A lot of track look up to this race and aspire to make their programs this good. Hats off to you guys.

Can I sign up for next year yet? Wanna try and TQ something
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #598
Tech Adept

TC4 wins USGT lol. Go Ray K
Ultegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #599
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thank you all.....this was one of the best weekends Ive had in a long time. You guys did such a wonderful job at everything. There wasn't one thing I ddnt like other than my flight was going to cause me to miss some of the mains.

Thanks to all the racers and families that helped make this worth me facing my fear of flying. Ill fly any day to get back to the GATE for the Halloween Classic.

Ive got tons of pics and reports to get done...also does anybody know what year this is for the event?...20? maybe?

Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy/RockStar Paint, LLC
THUNDER JAM IX Snowbirds Warm-up
January 2017
Thunder RC Raceway
DARKSIDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #600
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone at the Gate! Once again an awesome event. MRH will be back next year for sure.

Special shout out to hanulec for the support, dodge and abey for the shenanigans, and karl for having the most impossible angus to grill ive ever come across

Maybe next time dodge and I will be able to hang with keven and andrew
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote