Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Halloween Classic @ NORCAR at the Gate

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
I may be jumping the gun but I really hope this is not the line up, for those that are running all TC classes or even those running all pan car, this would be almost impossible.

Most big races run a pan car followed by TC. Look at the IIC lineup it work extremely well.
+1, this makes it tough for people trying to run two classes with one car.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I may be jumping the gun but I really hope this is not the line up, for those that are running all TC classes or even those running all pan car, this would be almost impossible.

Most big races run a pan car followed by TC. Look at the IIC lineup it worked extremely well.
Originally Posted by syndr0me
+1, this makes it tough for people trying to run two classes with one car.
I've not seen to many races mix Rubber and Foam alternately. Rubber Tires pulls the traction out and Foam sets it down. This also gives the "TC" group or the Foam Group a longer down time between runs. We look at the entries when we set up and will do our best to separate guys from being back to back. Most people do not run hugely discrepent classes with the same chassis, IE VTA/17.5 TC or USGT/13.5 TC, the biggest Issue is 17.5/13.5 TC or 13.5/mod 1/12th. This has been the general line-up for years and has not been much of a problem.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For what it's worth, I think that it is preferable to run all the rubber tire heats together and then to run the foam tire heats. It also is a good idea for the WGTs to be the first foam tire cars out on the track. Why? The rubber tire cars tend to pull up and then deposit loose carpet fibers that lay on top of the rug. Foam tires then tend to pick up those carpet fibers and lose traction once the foam tires get coated with carpet fuzz. Since the WGTs have such big tires, they are way less sensitive to the fuzz issue than are the 1/12th scale cars. The big WGTs foams also do a really good job of laying down traction for the cars that follow.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
For what it's worth, I think that it is preferable to run all the rubber tire heats together and then to run the foam tire heats. It also is a good idea for the WGTs to be the first foam tire cars out on the track. Why? The rubber tire cars tend to pull up and then deposit loose carpet fibers that lay on top of the rug. Foam tires then tend to pick up those carpet fibers and lose traction once the foam tires get coated with carpet fuzz. Since the WGTs have such big tires, they are way less sensitive to the fuzz issue than are the 1/12th scale cars. The big WGTs foams also do a really good job of laying down traction for the cars that follow.
AMEN
Old 10-21-2013, 04:17 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Is there any club racing Thursday night? Will the track be open for pit setup if not?
Track will not be open Thursday.

I'm hoping that will be our only day of rest
Old 10-21-2013, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by miller tyme
I've not seen to many races mix Rubber and Foam alternately. Rubber Tires pulls the traction out and Foam sets it down. This also gives the "TC" group or the Foam Group a longer down time between runs. We look at the entries when we set up and will do our best to separate guys from being back to back. Most people do not run hugely discrepent classes with the same chassis, IE VTA/17.5 TC or USGT/13.5 TC, the biggest Issue is 17.5/13.5 TC or 13.5/mod 1/12th. This has been the general line-up for years and has not been much of a problem.
Originally Posted by vafactor
Hmmm. Stinky answers... You may lose some entries from guys planning to run one car in two classes.

Snowy.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
Hmmm. Stinky answers... You may lose some entries from guys planning to run one car in two classes.

Snowy.
WOW!!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Only in this Hobby/Sport is the order of the heats become an issue.

Looking forward to the race, it's been SOLD OUT for over a month or two!

I also demand that EA wear his new "belt" the entire weekend....
Old 10-21-2013, 07:27 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by starrx
WOW!!
Why Wow? I agree with him that the lineup that was posted is not very racer friendly for guys running multiple sedan or pan car classes. Going to make it though for anyone to run 2 sedan classes or 2 pan car classes and have time to work on anything with that order.

EA
Old 10-21-2013, 07:28 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by FranchiseRP
Only in this Hobby/Sport is the order of the heats become an issue.

Looking forward to the race, it's been SOLD OUT for over a month or two!

I also demand that EA wear his new "belt" the entire weekend....
I took it to the track yesterday to wear it for Batman and he didnt even show up! I was disappointed!!!

EA
Old 10-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thx EA....maybe once my super tan from the week at the beach wears off, you will let me race you for it...lol...

well my plane gets there 1pm Thursday...is there anything to do?
Old 10-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

No Big races run all Rubber then all Foam. Doesn't happen.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I help organize and run a big race every year, so I'm painfully aware of how thankless and difficult it can be.

That said, I agree with the others. Alternating foam and rubber is commonplace these days, and is much more racer friendly. I don't think it's unreasonable, when traveling to a race with 100 bodies, to be able to run one car in two different classes.

Would it help you guys if we signed up for our additional classes now?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think that no matter what the running order is somebody won't like it . I myself am waiting to see the running order before I make a final decision on how many and what classes I'm going to run . For example I am definitly running f1 and usgt , most likely Vta and maybe 17.5 tc , but if there to close together I will just drop one , not spitefully, just practically. No big deal
Old 10-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Why Wow? I agree with him that the lineup that was posted is not very racer friendly for guys running multiple sedan or pan car classes. Going to make it though for anyone to run 2 sedan classes or 2 pan car classes and have time to work on anything with that order.

EA
if the line will make ppl think twice about coming...or back out...(just seems petty to me)...im sure if
the person mention it to ken or who ever is in charge that their in back to back classes...im sure they can work that out....(maybe not have them to turn marshall)...or something....reguardless somebody is going to have back to back races...its just too many ppl & alot of ppl are running more then 1 class...all my heats are back to back to back....vta usgt & 17.5

so my WOW!! was i cant belive some body would come if thats the line up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.