R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Carisma M40S or Maverick Strada TC Evo?

Hello I am looking at getting into a bit of some rc racing and I am a nooob also I would like to get in the drift scene. I am look at the Carisma M40s and the maverick strada tc evo and am wondering which one is better? Also can I drift convert theses? thanks. Carisma is 105 and TC EVO Is 109 any advice...
humza667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I have never heard of the cars you mentioned. If you are brand new look at hpi rtr cars. If you are going to be racing competively at a track go for a kit. Almost any tc can be converted to a drift car by changing tires and suspension settings.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:14 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

The Carisma is a decent car and it is imported by CML so there's plenty of spares support there, but the Maverick range has been around for a long time so there are more shops stocking them and their spares, and they are from HPI so again plenty of support. My choice would be the maverick, just because there are more of them around and more places stocking parts, but what your local hobby shop supports is usually more useful as buying locally means cheaper spares when you add on postage costs.

You won't notice any difference on track and they won't be competitive for racing once you move out of the novice class, but they will teach you how to drive with a fairly indestructible chassis that's cheap to repair when you hit anything. It will also let you try it out to find if you like racing before spending a lot more money on a race chassis and electrics.

Both can easily be converted for drifting, the only difference between the racing and drift versions are a locked rear diff and hard drift tyres.

If you want to race I would suggest going to your local clubs first and find out what they are racing and whether you like the club atmosphere, if they run buggies or GT12 then your touring car won't have anywhere to race.
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote