R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   What discharge tray to use??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/74763-what-discharge-tray-use.html)

nw racer 06-10-2005 12:29 AM

What discharge tray to use???

I need some imput from anyone and everyone on this one.

There are so many out there that I have no idea what I should be using. Other than the runtime drop what are the disadvantages of 0.0 cutoff? What are the advantages of .9 cutoff or below on a tray.

I need to know what is the better discharge tray to be using. I am running stock class with gp 3300's. Right now I am using the Integy Booster2 tray. I am getting a good charge out of all my packs after using the tray.

There are several trays I am looking at and they are as follows.

1. Novak Smart Tray

2. Much More 0V tray

3. Integy zero 6S.

Which is going to be the better tray for my batteries? Or should I stick with the one I already have.

axel 06-10-2005 12:40 AM

novak smart tray, and an indi acitvator.

Mr. Shookie 06-10-2005 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by nw racer
I need some imput from anyone and everyone on this one.

There are so many out there that I have no idea what I should be using. Other than the runtime drop what are the disadvantages of 0.0 cutoff? What are the advantages of .9 cutoff or below on a tray.

I need to know what is the better discharge tray to be using. I am running stock class with gp 3300's. Right now I am using the Integy Booster2 tray. I am getting a good charge out of all my packs after using the tray.

There are several trays I am looking at and they are as follows.

1. Novak Smart Tray

2. Much More 0V tray

3. Integy zero 6S.

Which is going to be the better tray for my batteries? Or should I stick with the one I already have.

I use the integy Zero 6S trays and put my packs in them the night before the race. I pull them off right before I need to charge them and try to have them peak right before the start of the race. If you can make it like 5-10minutes before the race that is fine too but any more than 10 minutes and you r pack start to loose what advantage you had.
The Much More )V is the same tray as the integy just costs more.
I have a Novak smart tray but I rairly use it.
Just my humble opinion,
At least for stock motor racing this is what I do.
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><
If I was running mod or I needed to have another pack equalized the Smart tray would be great to help.

NVisible 06-10-2005 08:13 AM

you keep your 3300s on your Zero 6s overnight? They dont go into reversal?

Entropy 06-10-2005 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by NVisible
you keep your 3300s on your Zero 6s overnight? They dont go into reversal?

You need to read up a few other threads on this in the forums.

You cant push a cell into reversal with passive discharge. Only active discharge like running a motor or discharging from a charger can put cells into reversal.

TL_XXX-S_racer 06-10-2005 08:35 AM

Your best bet off will be the new Integy discharger. Disharges your batteries at 30amps. Its fast. and its better then the little screws u have to put in to make it discharge. Just push the clamps down. I have this one and i love it.

Mr. Shookie 06-10-2005 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
Your best bet off will be the new Integy discharger. Disharges your batteries at 30amps. Its fast. and its better then the little screws u have to put in to make it discharge. Just push the clamps down. I have this one and i love it.

Yes but with the Integy Zero 6s you can stack them and four costs $120 and not need four $60 dischargers that adds up to $240. Besides I like to leave mine in the dischargers over night. I am seeing high 9.6V coming off and 8.9v votage holding coming off the charger. And getting 4100-4500 mah going into the packs so I like my way of doing things.
Stephen <><

kumpol 06-10-2005 09:14 AM

The MuchMore ZeroV is not the same as the Integy INDI Zero 6S!
I have them both .... ZeroV is taller/thicker and stronger in construction. Zero6 has blue heatsinks on all resisters. Anyhow, I think you get what you pay for.
You never get cell reversal on both of these dischargers.
I race mostly 19T so I keep every pack on trays all the time 'till the race day.....oh, I race every week.

nw racer 06-10-2005 09:31 AM

Yes but with the Integy Zero 6s you can stack them and four costs $120 and not need four $60 dischargers that adds up to $240.
I hear that one with the cost. All I want is a tray that I can buy a few of and not break me. But I need the best tray for my money and for my batteries. Cost wise from what I see it is the Integy zero 6. Although the Much more isn't that more expensive.