R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #1
Tech Adept
Exclamation Tire truing setup?

Just received my Integy Auto Tire Truing Machine and it seems very nice, although the directions are very informative. The only time Iíve ever used one is at the local track (always busy and dull blade) and all I do is throw tires in it and let it go. Now with this I need to figure out what setting I should use. First thereís the degrees on the blade itself that goes from 0-3 degrees and came preset at 2 degrees, shouldnít that be 0 for TC Electric Foams? Second is the Feed Speed how fast or slow do you want it and what benefits do each have? Last but not least is there a difference or preference to the Drive Control Direction which determines the direction the tire spins?

Just want to make sure everything is right before ruining some new tires! I searched the forums and didn't really find anything relating to all these settings.

Nitro-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:10 PM   #2
Tech Master

start with 0 degress, feed speed depends on the blade and cut quality, if its dull then use a slower speed.
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:20 PM   #3
Tech Master

where did u get ur truer?
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #4
Tech Addict
Send a message via AIM to fraz

I have Hudy truers but the principals are the same. Cut at 0 degrees for the front and .5 degrees of pre-camber in the rear for nitro sedans. If you are running lots of rear camber like 3-4 degrees you may want to step it up to 1 degree.

As for speed, I run mine at full speed all the time. This is "feed speed" we are talking about and the spindle speed is fixed. The only time I might slow the speed if if I am cutting some hard compound front tires like 45+ durometer.

EDIT: Oops, i just realized this was the electric board. Stick with zero degrees of pre-camber.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote