Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Misdesigned decals for Protoform Sttratus 3.0!!! >

Misdesigned decals for Protoform Sttratus 3.0!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Misdesigned decals for Protoform Sttratus 3.0!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Same here..........

Same here . . . . . . . . In the Philipines!!!!!!

Well. the solution we could only think of is. . . . . . . .

will just have leave the lower tail lights on the sticker sheet!
Old 06-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ROTFLMAO...Are you guys serious? Sure the lights are wrong...so what! PF will fix them in their next batch of decals. Until then just leave the lower lights off. I never used them on the 2.0 anyways.

You guys need to relax a bit...step away from your keyboards and paint booths... go run your cars and have some fun.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

i had the sme problem...mine came with the sticker sheet for the stratus 2.0...

i just cut the rear light[which were the only 1s witch diddnt fit] to the rib on the body

Old 06-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

I donīt see the problem at all on the thumbnail.
I have not noticed any problems with my 3.0 stickers either.

Just keep up the good work Dale!
Old 06-09-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

There's two lefties on the attached sheet, look at my attachement for a better explanation
Old 06-09-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Bah..
Attached Thumbnails Misdesigned decals for Protoform Sttratus 3.0!!!-stratus30_decal.jpg  
Old 06-09-2005, 03:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

ahh those things...iu hought we were talking about the actual tail light..i was mine didnt fit at all......

i didnt use those thing....i didfnt on my 2.0 either
Old 06-09-2005, 06:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Wait a second, you are painting the body with an airbrush and you are using the head light and rear light stickers? Be creative, paint the lights and you won't have a problem. It actually very simple.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

So, the manufacturers can send totally wrong decal sheets just because "everyone" paints them easily?
I have an airbrush and paints lights sometimes but it's not worth the time and work for a race-body, so i just slap the decals on. In that posistion i would like correct light-decals from the manufacturer. Just my opinion...
Old 06-09-2005, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sparx
Bah..
OK. See it.
Never use them anyway, so I have never seen it before.
Should be corrected to the next print, but not a project stopper if you ask me.

Have never seen anyone else use them either.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg

Have never seen anyone else use them either.
Could that possibly be because they don't fit?
Old 06-10-2005, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Aggreed, they look crapy anyways!

But you would expect them to fit

I used the Ride stockers on mine. You get 3 sets to choose from for every shell
Old 06-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Default 3.0 Sticker Sheet Mistake

TomsGarage:
Sorry for my slow responce to this thread. I visit RC Tech.net sporadically at best.
You as SO correct in noting a couple of errors on the decals for the Stratus 3.0 tailights. The lower "reflectors" should not be there at all. Hopefully you noted, there are NO lines in the 3.0 mold/body to indicate where they are to be placed. (as there were on the Stratus 2.0) In all the years of going to races around the country, I rarely (as in: NEVER) say anyone put these decals on the 2.0. It was my intention, as the mold designer to just plain leave them off completely. Yes, somehow our graphic designer put two left side reflectors on the sheet. I have already phoned him and he's slightly embarrassed. Today is the first time he or I realized it, or even heard about it.
The other error I was well aware of. The rear of the wing strut extends down into the tailight area. It merely requires a quick little "snip" of a scissor to shorten the tailight decal.
I'm not trying to make excuses, but I would like to take a moment to explain how errors have happened on decal sheets and very well might happen again in spite of our best efforts. As you have probably heard, these rc bodies need to be officially licensed with licensing firms that represent the real automakers. The whole procedure is usually long and tedious. Decal sheets have to be submitted and go through a separate approval process from the bodies themselves. It can take 3 or 4 times longer to get the final license agreement than it takes to create a mold and at some point in the whole process, it's ideal to get the decals sheets ordered. (from an outside source) This is so that when the mold is done, the lic. agreement is done, bodies are produced, & masks are cut, that we can have the decals in stock at the same/right time. Trying to co-ordinate all of this means that sometimes decals are ordered before the mold is even finalized. In this case, I changed the wing strut shape on the 3.0 pattern without knowing that the decals were already on order. Anyone who is familiar with manufacturing knows the "dance" we have to do. In this situation we simply screwed up. We didn't think that the mistake warranted throwing thousands of dollars of stickers in the garbage and then delaying the release of the 3.0 body another 6 weeks while we were waiting for "corrected" decals. (I mean hey... we are talking about "tailights" here right? Specifically, reflectors that are best left ON the decal sheet?)
Please note: the next order of 3.0 decals that comes in from our supplier will have the corrections made. I can't guarantee how long it will take before they filter through to Austria however.
TomsGarage - I'd seriously love to meet you in person! You sound like a genuine perfectionist. I may not be in your league, but I'm trying my best. I sincerely apologize for the grief this has caused you. I'm hoping that in the future, that might consider PM'ing me when you discover my next mistake(s).

Regards - Dale Epp - PROTOform

ps. seeing the Stratus 3.0 "AP" TQ and Win both mod. classes at the Reedy Race of Champions sure eases my pain.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

I KNEW this was some lawyer's fault!
Old 06-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Haven't had a really good chance to see one yet. I've heard they are really nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.