Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
locking a 1way diff >

locking a 1way diff

locking a 1way diff

Old 06-08-2005, 01:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

locking a 1way diff

is it possible?.....i have a 1way diff in the front of my evo3. and i am wanting to turn it into a drifter.

i need to lock the front dif...but i dunno if it will work..cos if it doesnt than i am left with a ruined 1way...

i was thinking os poring super glue into it but if there is an easyer way please tell
Old 06-08-2005, 02:01 AM
Tech Master

there's no easy way mate To lock it, use JB Weld. Using CA on it would work only for awhile and would need to re-glue it after awhile. Both ways would still ruin your bearings. Why not get a front diff instead?
Old 06-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

no money :P....... + i bought the car specificly for drifting so i dont care wat happens to it....funny wnought its the surikarn version lol.....but the 1way mine has is silver..and the surikarn 1way is red...so im not wrecking any special parts
Old 06-08-2005, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pink pac man
no money :P....... + i bought the car specificly for drifting so i dont care wat happens to it....funny wnought its the surikarn version lol.....but the 1way mine has is silver..and the surikarn 1way is red...so im not wrecking any special parts
Best deal is to lock a standard diff with Losi spool pads, works great and it is like $2.00 for four pads...I like that is also lighter than my real spool.
Just thought it would be cheaper that way. If you ever do want to sell it, the one way would be nice to have it when you do ever sell it.
Just my opinion,
Stephen <><
Old 06-08-2005, 06:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

to lock an oneway diff you have to drill 2 holes (1 on each side where the outdrives comes in)

then put a pin to lock the pieces.....

that's the way the serpent 710 oneway is turned into a spool, so it's race proven....
Old 06-08-2005, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

I forgot to mention the outdrives must be drilled as well....
Old 06-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

first off. a one way diff in front will work for drifting fine. but better yet, can you put the one way in the back? i found i liked a one way in the back for drifting to work quite welll for me.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

JB Weld doesnt hold too well to smooth surfaces, so you need to first scuff everything up with a dremel, grind notches into the outdrives where they contact the 1 way bearing, then apply a lot of JB weld and it should hold for a while.