Wiki Posts
Search

What speed control to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
The KO MUST have a KO radio to access some of the programming functions. I friend of mine with a JR radio bought the KO esc and the stuff to program it. After well over $200 he found out he needs a KO radio to take out drag brakes and other key adjustments. Novak is a great company. You can't go wrong with the GTX or even a GT7. I'm still running one and it's as good as new after two years of weekly stock, 19, and modified racing. Only thing I don't like about the GTX from what I've seen is that big capacitor. Where do you put it? There aren't the brackets like on the GT7.
No, you need the programming adaptor and card to adjust the speedo, you do not need a KO radio. And it is much much more adjustable than the novak
Old 06-09-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Personally, I have had much more success with LRP than Novak. I currently have 4 QC2's (once for each of my cars). 2 of these speedo's were from the original run when they were first intorduced and they run still perfectly and have been in my daily drivers since day one .

I had the KO and Keyence ESC's. They were great but it was too much hassel to mess with programming for me. Most of the time you mess with the programming and the ESC just gets worse...at least in my case

If you like playing with that stuff, give them a try. But I would much rather just rely on choosing one of several factory recommended settings. Or in the case of the QC2, with the variable drive frequency, you cannot get any more custom than that and the ESC does all the work for you!!
Old 06-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Pink? Cīmon. This is about boys toys. Not girlie stuff
Tisk Tisk....
Old 06-09-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

I have a GT7 and a Keynece zero extreme both are very good but I like the keynece better it has alot more programing options. And it has a display so you can see what you are doing and you dont need a diode for your motor.