Best Drift setup from Hpi sprint 2 ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Drift setup from Hpi sprint 2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 04:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Best Drift setup from Hpi sprint 2 ?

just got Hpi sprint 2 from a friend in cheap ,
need some work , so decided to rebuild it as a drift chassis ,
completely new to drifting , so want to know the best setup for drift
diffs,wheels , tires , ride height , suspension etc and upgrades too !
a little help will be much appreciated !!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

I've been doing some research into this lately as well as I'm in the process of "converting" on of my Sprint 2 Flux chassis to a drifter. I'm by no means an expert on this, but this should get you started in the right direction.
It seems as though the majority recommend the one way differential. wheels and tires are typically standard 26mm (whatever style you like) and tires are just what work best for the surface you frequently drift on. there are tons of different males of drift tires and not just 1 is "the best". suspensions upgrades I haven't really gotten into yet, but from the looks of it, depending in how serious you are, the "standard" upgrade to the Tamiya TRF shocks and custom springs or a complete dedicated drift suspension setup would be best. again, dampers and springs will depend on the surface you drift on and settings of your car.
I believe the drift guys use as much carbon fiber and aluminum upgrades as possible for rigidity am reduced chassis flex. changing to LiPo's to reduce weight will probably help as well.
mods, I apologize if this is inappropriate, and you can edit it out if necessary, but there is another forum full of answers for you called drift mission.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

for suspension setup i would deffinetly upgrade to tamiya trf shocks because the stock ones suck. go for soft springs all ar ound and then lay down the shocks i the back and stAnd then up in the front. raikou drift tires are really good and they have combo packs ic you are price conscious. if you are new ti o drift a front one way will be hard to use. try just locking the front and rear difffs to begin with. for drifting some chassis flex is good, and if you are new going really expensive n aluminum and carbon fiber wont be beneficial. save that money for a better chassis. ride height is more preference but about 3-5 mm is good i think.